Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Rita Sullivan Tanner (Barbara Knox)

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    I'm not sure I believe that article. The following sentences don't sound to me like something a real Corrie source would say:

Are you sure it wasn't published on April 1st, Perdita?

I am thinking that too, to be honest but was sent this only this morning ..

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (03-04-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    I'm not sure I believe that article. The following sentences don't sound to me like something a real Corrie source would say:

Are you sure it wasn't published on April 1st, Perdita?

I am thinking that too, to be honest but was sent this only this morning ..

is she getting a alzheimers or dementia storyline?

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    is she getting a alzheimers or dementia storyline?
    Online rumours are speculating this

Coronation Street appears to be hinting at a tragic health storyline for Rita Sullivan as she continues to show signs of memory loss over the coming episodes.

Rita (Barbara Knox) left fans concerned in Monday night's visit to Weatherfield after she completely forgot about a mug she'd bought for her neighbour Gemma Winter as a gift.

When Rita commented that Gemma's 'Little Miss Trouble' mug was "perfect" for her, a confused Gemma was forced to remind her that she had been the one to give it to her.

Rita's concerning behaviour will continue in next week's episodes, which will see her start to become increasingly concerned about her failing memory.

Rita will begin to panic when she struggles to remember what she had for breakfast earlier that day – but she'll mask her fears from those around her, meaning they fail to notice anything wrong.

Last night's scene has already left viewers wondering if a dementia plot is being lined up for Rita, but is this the case? Or is there something else going on here?

Digital Spy

Corrie hints at a tragic end for icon Rita as her health gets worse
    The latest episode of Coronation Street has left fans distinctly worried for the health of Rita Sullivan as more worrying signs have been pointing at concerning symptoms. As fears among viewers begin to increase over whether the Kabin legend is going to be diagnosed with dementia, the caring pensioner shocked everyone by turning on Gemma Winter.
    Normally, Rita has all the time in the world for the waifs and strays that she takes under her wing, but this time, her ears were closed to Gemma’s pleas that she had nothing to do with the burglary.
    After the shop was ransacked and £100 went missing from Rita’s purse, she was adamant that it could only have been Gemma and even if Zoe and Roxy were involved, she was certain that Gemma must have helped them.
    Gemma was crushed that Rita could think this of her but Rita was ready to turn her back on her – and even went as far as calling the police which will lead to Gemma being arrested for a crime that she didn’t commit.
    As Gemma tries to persuade the police of her innocence, this could be the end of her friendship with Rita – but many viewers are picking this up as another worrying sign of an ongoing deterioration in Rita, which has been brought to our attention via a number of hints to Rita being confused and forgetful.
    With speculation rife that Rita may be suffering from dementia, and confirmation that there IS indeed a big storyline ahead for the cobbles icon, could a devastating end be nigh?
    Not everyone has sympathy for Rita though, and were quick to lash out at her over her treatment of Gemma

I wonder if it could be a brain tumour rather than dementia? That could explain the change in character (I.e her blaming Gemma when she wouldn't usually have done that)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Lauralh1 For This Useful Post:

TaintedLove (19-08-2017)

Was Mike a dementia storyline?

Quote Originally Posted by swmc66 View Post
    Was Mike a dementia storyline?
    Yes, it was

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

swmc66 (19-08-2017)

Maybe this is the story Kate Oates is scared off as it may involve the end of Rita.

Thread Information