Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ruby Fox Miligan (Beth Cordingly)

Ruby

Exclamation Ruby Fox Miligan (Beth Cordingly)

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emm...gan-wife-2024/

Emmerdale has announced plans to introduce Caleb Miligan's wife next year.

Show bosses are planning to reveal more of Caleb's backstory when the new character arrives in early 2024.

Caleb's wife Ruby turns up amid the schemer's ongoing affair plot with Tracy Robinson.

Viewers know that Caleb has always claimed to be estranged from his wife, but he may not have been telling the truth.

Speaking to Digital Spy and other media at an Emmerdale press event this week, show producer Laura Shaw explained: "We've heard mentions of Nicky's mum and Caleb's wife.

"We've just heard little bits from Caleb, where he's said that it's all over between them and there's nothing going on ? but is that really true?

"In the new year, we will see Ruby bursting onto our screens. She's going to be an absolute firecracker. She's going to put a real spanner into the Dingles.

"Is her and Caleb's relationship really as over as he's made out? We'll find out in the new year, I guess!"

A casting announcement over who'll be playing Ruby will be shared at a later date.

Shaw had previously teased Ruby's arrival last month, promising that Caleb and Tracy's affair would lead to the introduction of a new character.

She said in October: "[The affair is] going to ultimately lead to a new arrival joining the show, which I can't tell you about just yet because it won't be until next year, but we're very excited about it here.

"It's going to be explosive, and that new arrival is going to cause uproar in the village."

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

johntrevor (21-11-2023)

Ruby to be played by Beth Cordingly

Emmerdale casts The Bill star Beth Cordingly as Caleb's wife Ruby

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emm...leb-wife-ruby/

The Bill star Beth Cordingly will be joining Emmerdale as Caleb Miligan's estranged wife Ruby Fox-Miligan.

Cordingly will be making her debut in the ITV soap in January as a character described as "fiery, confident, unpredictable and a fiercely devoted mum" to her son Nicky Miligan.

The character was previously referenced as the motivation for Nicky to join Caleb's failed plot to steal Home Farm from Kim Tate earlier this year.

Caleb essentially blackmailed his son into continuing to deceive Kim and Gabby Thomas over his true identity in order to keep Ruby off the streets because of their mounting financial debts.

When Ruby actually turns up in the Dales next year, she will be more than willing to burn down the life Caleb has made for himself with his long-lost Dingle relatives.

Her arrival also coincides with Caleb's recent affair with Tracy Metcalfe, which is set to explode as they're exposed over the Christmas period.

"I?m delighted to be joining the cast of Emmerdale, it?s an enormous privilege and Ruby is a dream role," Beth said in a statement.

"She?s a firecracker and a troublemaker and I think people will love her or hate her, and I can?t wait to get stuck in with this fabulous cast."

Producer Kate Brooks has teased that Ruby is a "force of nature" who will arrive in the village with plenty of "scores to settle".

Fellow producer Laura Shaw previously hinted that Caleb's backstory with Ruby would be one of Emmerdale's biggest stories of the New Year.

"We've just heard little bits from Caleb, where he's said that it's all over between them and there's nothing going on ? but is that really true?" Shaw teased.

"In the new year, we will see Ruby bursting onto our screens. She's going to be an absolute firecracker. She's going to put a real spanner into the Dingles.

"Is her and Caleb's relationship really as over as he's made out? We'll find out in the new year, I guess!"

Ruby was quick to get to Caleb's house, had Moira warned Caleb with Tracy?

I wonder did Caleb pay Ruby as I did not think they were on good terms

I just see her as a drunk drugged Kerry from The Bill

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    Ruby was quick to get to Caleb's house, had Moira warned Caleb with Tracy?

I wonder did Caleb pay Ruby as I did not think they were on good terms

I just see her as a drunk drugged Kerry from The Bill
    Yes all very strange

I am surprised at Caleb's stamina.. surprised he can still walk

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

johntrevor (26-01-2024), lizann (26-01-2024)

beth is in a relationship with ian kelsey (dave glover)

I wish I knew more of Ruby's back story because she is a hoot. I was cheering her outing Tracy and Nate. I actually think that she and Caleb are two snakes who deserve each other. She's very entertaining.

Bit by bit we will be fed more of her background and in around 5 months time we will all love her as she has become the saviour of lost souls in Emmerdale...

Thread Information