Thread: Flashback week for reboot 2023

Flashback week for reboot 2023

Well its definitely been a messy week with all these flashbacks.

Im not going to lie, Im really disappointed. Expected something way, way better.

Why the writers didnt make MEL, KRISTAs mother I will never know? Even EDENs mother?.

We were introduced to EDEN and not given the chance to find out more about him. Im not sure if I care what happens to him.

KRISTA on the other hand was a character that had real potential! Cant believe she is dead?? Thats so silly after weeks of REECE looking for her. What was the point???

And the whole DAVID, ARON & NICOLETTE piece of the puzzle? no thanks

If nothing else, PAULs part of the story was true to his character.

Was great seeing the old cast, not really warming up to the newbies.

Definitely missed the mark for me.

How do you all feel about flashback week??? Did it live up to the hype or was it a crash & burn????

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bossy7 For This Useful Post:

lizann (16-11-2023)

total crap, a letdown

4. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Bossy7 (16-11-2023)

Glad to see I?m not the only one disappointed.

Youd think the writers would have gone all out with this reboot.

What do we get now? MEL sitting in her prison greens until TOAD decides hes going to represent her for NELLs sake? TERESE cracking it with TOAD because of it ??

Thanks but no thanks

is krista kelly dead, where is the body?

Great question! What did EDEN do with the body??? With all the cameras at the hotel are we meant to believe nothing was picked up? So silly!! Im hoping she is still alive but in hospital. Losing interest in this reboot at a steady pace?.
    Last edited by Bossy7; 18-11-2023 at 23:42.

Yes, agreed & so many questions still to be answered. The first thing that came to mind was where is the body & how did Eden get rid of it so fast? After Melanie supposedly couldn't resuscitate her, she went straight from the roof-top to the penthouse & after a quick word with Paul he went up there, where there was already no body & then Eden confronted him. Even if Eden was there (hiding in the shadows) when the accident happened, after Melanie then left you would think there was no way he could have got a body out of the building so quickly without being seen & then returned to the roof-top. Did he initially just take her (dead or alive) to one of the hotel rooms? & if so, how did he then later get her out of the building? As suggested, surely the CCTV would have captured all/some of this, but will we ever see this or will it ever be mentioned or even be part of the 'investigation' etc?

SPOILER ALERT! I know it's a spoiler, but I will mention it here anyway, that apparently next week, when the search starts for Eden, Holly will tell everybody that when she was with Eden, from time to time he would find executive auction sites/deceased estate houses (which were empty) for them to crash at. This leads to the hunt for Eden & eventually him being caught, so hopefully we will find out more about what happened on the roof-top etc when he is 'interrogated' by the police. What did he do with Krista's body? or if she is indeed still alive, has he & she been regularly moving between these type of empty houses/estates over the last year? We will see.

With Mischa Barton (Reece) only having an extended guest role on the show, ever since Krista has been mentioned as coming in as her sister, there has been speculation that Krista (Majella Davis) would become a permanent character after Reece leaves, to keep up the Sinclair connection. I think Stefan Dennis (Paul) mentioned in an earlier interview that there will be a new character on the show that Paul will hate even more than Reece - did he mean Krista Sinclair? Many people/viewers seem convinced she is still alive & kicking. All big speculation so far & nothing confirmed, so we, as always, will have to wait & see...

As far as the reboot is concerned, the biggest thing for me is that quite a few of the characters who were in the show around the time it finished last year are now gone & most of the new storylines so far have centred around the Rodwells (who were only in it a short time previously) & the new Varga-Murphy family. After all the Eden/Krista/Holly/Melanie etc flashback saga is done with, hopefully things will settle down.....

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Bossy7 (19-11-2023)

Well our questions have been answered?.

KRISTA is alive!!!! YAY!!

Best part of the whole story, but after flashback week, it should have been a better reveal. I still cant believe EDEN & KRISTA blew all the money they extorted from PAUL and ended up in that dump. Not believable.

NELLY will be wrapped to see her beloved MELANIE free.
    A free MELANIE is going to cause problems for the newly weds. And PAUL, well TERESE will start pining for him very soon.

To me TOADIE & TERESE are interesting to watch because its different, but I see no chemistry!

Looks like NICOLETTE is back to her old tricks. Like the chemistry between this new NICOLETTE & PAUL. Would love to see these two characters sharing more SLs.

The writers will have to bring in more new characters to give us some good soapy drama. Too many gaps.
    Last edited by Bossy7; 21-11-2023 at 19:56.

Thread Information