Jack Branning?s daughter Penny is making her way back to Walford after 15 years of living abroad.

Having always had a fractured relationship with her dad, Jack, Penny has been living in France with her mum, Selina. Now she is on her way to Albert Square, alongside her cousin Lauren, but just what brings the two back to Walford?

Rising star Kitty Castledine has been cast as Penny in her first major television role after graduating from the London Academy of Music and Drama (LAMDA) this summer.

Speaking of joining the show, Kitty says: ?I didn?t expect to start my EastEnders journey so soon out of drama school ? I can?t actually believe it! My whole family are EastEnders fans, and I remember sitting on my Nanny Kay?s lap to tune in, and now they get to watch me in Albert Square. The inclusion of disabled talent on screen is so important to me as a wheelchair user, so I?m thrilled to be playing a character as feisty and cool as Penny. She?s thrown into the middle of the drama straight away, and I can?t wait to see what she gets up to.?