https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/cas...oins-casualty/

Melanie Hill has swapped soap allegiances from Coronation Street to Casualty.

Adored by Weatherfield fans for playing Cathy Matthews between 2015 and 2022, the actress joins the cast of Casualty as "no-nonsense" clinical nurse manager Siobhan Mackenzie and will debut on screen in the New Year.

The newcomer is described as a "team leader who looks set to ruffle a few feathers".

Siobhan is "a hardworking nurse with years of experience, who joins the Emergency Department at a time when the cracks are beginning to show amongst the staff.

"Determined to pull her team together, Siobhan tackles the issues of the ED head-on, using her knowledge and strength to deliver what her department needs."

Expressing her joy over landing the part, Hill, who also starred in Waterloo Road between 2012 and 2015, said: "I am delighted to be joining the cast of Casualty and I can't wait for fans to meet Siobhan.

Advertisement - Continue Reading Below

"She's a supremely competent manager, who is firm but fair and expects nothing but the best from her nursing team. However, get on the wrong side of her and she'll make mincemeat out of you! I'm sure she's going to ruffle a few feathers in the Emergency Department."

Executive Producer of Casualty Jon Sen added: "I am so excited to welcome Melanie to the team. I've been a huge admirer of her work for years and it's wonderful to see her here at Holby.

"We've got brilliant stories lined up for Siobhan and can't wait for the audience to meet her."