Thread: Joel (Calum Lill)

Exclamation Joel (Calum Lill)

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/cor...-joel-dee-dee/

Coronation Street has cast former Hollyoaks star Calum Lill as Dee-Dee Bailey's next love interest.

Dee-Dee has focused on her career ever since arriving in Weatherfield, but upcoming scenes will see the lawyer take more of an interest in her dating life following the arrival of Lill's Joel, a solicitor assigned to the case of Lauren Bolton.

In next week's scenes, Lauren will be arrested for committing criminal damage after a violent outburst, with her rage stemming from her jealousy over Max's relationship with Sabrina.

lRoy is initially terrified after Lauren's arrest, and summons Dee-Dee to help Lauren with her case. Her mind isn't solely on the case, however, with the introduction of duty solicitor Joel making her head spin.

Could romance be in the air for Dee-Dee?

Lill, who has also appeared in Doctors and Casualty, had a guest part on Hollyoaks in 2021, assuming the role of PC Carlton Smith in the Channel 4 soap.

Channique Sterling-Brown, who joined Corrie as Dee-Dee last year, recently spoke about the upcoming developments for her character, revealing that her world is a mixture of "fun and chaos".

"I think we're going to see Dee-Dee in a new light. We're going to see her go on a bit of a dating journey," she said. "Her life is a mixture of fun but chaos, and I think fans will really enjoy seeing her try to navigate that world.

"When she's in the courtroom, she's totally in control. I think it's going to be really fun to see her struggle to quite work things out, so that's what we've got coming up. She's probably missed all sorts of romantic opportunities because she's had her head either in the clouds or in the courtroom! I think it's going to be really exciting to see her work all of that out, have a bit of fun and put herself first."

is he genuine a good guy or seeking revenge against adam or baileys?

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    is he genuine a good guy or seeking revenge against adam or baileys?
    Bound to have a dark secret otherwise he would not have been introduced as new character....

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/cor...oyfriend-joel/

Coronation Street's Ed Bailey is humiliated next week when he meets his daughter Dee-Dee's new boyfriend, Joel Deering, for the first time, as he faces financial trouble.

In new scenes, Ed apologises to Dee-Dee for being too distracted recently to take an interest in her new relationship with solicitor Joel, and he offers to take the couple out for lunch to get to know him.

Later, in the caf?, Ed's card is declined when he tries to buy a coffee, and Joel kindly steps in to pay for Ed's order with his own card - with both men unaware of the other's identity.

When Ed later arrives at the Bistro to meet Dee-Dee and her new boyfriend for lunch, he is embarrassed to be introduced to Joel as the men recognise each other from the caf? incident.

To Ed's relief, Joel doesn't mention the declined card episode, and Ed later has to cover his embarrassment when Joel pays for the trio's lunch.

With Ed having recently struggled once again with his gambling addiction, could his money worries continue to cause him trouble?

Actress Channique Sterling-Brown, who recently won an Inside Soap Award for her portrayal of Dee-Dee, has spoken to Digital Spy about the "bizarre" reaction of some fans to Dee-Dee and Joel's relationship.

"I saw some comments about us being an interracial couple. Almost like: 'An interracial couple on the Street ? God forbid.' I just thought it's so bizarre, because the relationship had nothing to do with race," she said.

"It really is just about two people who have found each other, and are really in that loved-up, gross honeymoon phase."

Meanwhile, a new Bailey family member will soon be arriving on the cobbles, with Desmond's star Ram John Holder joining for a guest stint as Ed and Ronnie's dad, Sarge.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

lizann (15-10-2023), parkerman (11-10-2023), tammyy2j (15-10-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/cor...oyfriend-joel/

"I saw some comments about us being an interracial couple. Almost like: 'An interracial couple on the Street ? God forbid.' I just thought it's so bizarre, because the relationship had nothing to do with race," she said.

"It really is just about two people who have found each other, and are really in that loved-up, gross honeymoon phase."
    I can't believe that in this day and age people would complain about this! It's not even as though it's unique, there have been many such couples in soaps - including many in Coronation Street.
    Last edited by parkerman; 11-10-2023 at 09:13.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

lizann (15-10-2023), Perdita (16-10-2023), tammyy2j (15-10-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    I can't believe that in this day and age people would complain about this! It's not even as though it's unique, there have been many such couples in soaps - including many in Coronation Street.
    I really liked Steve and Fiona, was there ever complaints?

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    I really liked Steve and Fiona, was there ever complaints?
    There were many complaints about Steve and Fiona, but I haven't seen a single complaint about Dee-Dee and Joel. I guess there will be some if you really go looking for them but usually only from faceless troll accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Bound to have a dark secret otherwise he would not have been introduced as new character....
    https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/cor...eering-secret/

Dee-Dee finds a receipt for some expensive jewellery, and Joel makes excuses that he?s bought himself some cufflinks. However, the truth is very different.

When Alya later spots Joel being driven away by a sullen looking woman, her suspicions are raised. Later, she shows Dee-Dee the CCTV footage from the Bistro, and Dee-Dee is quick to confront him.

It is then that he admits that he has a wife, Emily, and a daughter, Maisie and that Emily had thrown him out while she was pregnant, after learning that he had had an affair.

Thread Information