Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Neighbours Spoilers 18th - 21st September 2023

Neighbours Spoilers 18th - 21st September 2023

Spoilers for the first 3 weeks of the 'new' Neighbours have been released:

Monday 18th Sept

- The residents of Ramsay Street are in high spirits as they prepare for a wedding.

- Amongst all the celebration, a new family arrive in town, with one of the members appearing to harbour a suspiciously keen interest in the street.

- Meanwhile, Susan has made some big life changes, but finds her happiness in turmoil as she's forced to hide a personal secret from Karl.

Tuesday 19th Sept

- With the wedding celebrations over, the happy couple agree to put the past behind them, focusing instead on building their future together.

- With romance in the air, a trepidatious Mackenzie flirts with the idea of getting back into the game.

- Byron uncovers a secret about one of the guests in the hotel, that changes everything.

Wednesday 20th Sept

- The newlyweds embark on their honeymoon, struggling to juggle work and married life.

- Meanwhile, Holly fails to take her job seriously, but her poor behaviour leads her to make an explosive discovery.

- Sadie enjoys playing cupid with two of her friends, but not all is roses, as Harold's peculiar behaviour starts to ring alarm bells for Karl.

Thursday 21st Sept

- Karl and Susan's relationship is tested after a shock admission.

- The truth behind the identity of hotel guest, Reece, sends ripples through the community.

- While Cara and Remi navigate their future, JJ is focused on something, or someone, much closer to home.

BTTB

Nowtolove.com.au article:

Neighbours spoilers: What does Mike have on his mind?
    Love in London.

https://www.nowtolove.com.au/celebri...e-london-78807

Jane and Mike reunite in London in Neighbours this week, with the former flames having mixed reactions on finally catching up.

Kept apart for years thanks to the COVID pandemic, the couple were hoping for a passionate embrace, but Jane (Annie Jones) seems distracted and is struggling to be present.

"Jane is loving being in London with Mike," Annie, 56, assures TV WEEK.

"Although she has suffered from jet lag badly, she's loving getting the chance to show Mike the sights from her years living in the UK ? but it does bring back mixed emotions for her."

Is it really jet lag that's taking a toll on Jane or are these mixed emotions making her have second thoughts about her relationship with Mike (Guy Pearce)?

Mike, being super excited to see Jane, has planned a romantic road trip as a part of their holiday. With Jane growing increasingly disinterested and vacant, Mike starts to worry that something might be off, and isn't sure what to do.

Annie says that while Jane is "head over heels" for Mike and believes their relationship is "solid after two years of living in Erinsborough together", Mike is rattled by Jane's strange behaviour.

Little does Jane know, Mike has something else planned for their trip ? but will it be ruined by the growing tension and their inability to connect?

"Jane has no idea what he's up to," Annie explains. "You just never know what's going to happen next.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (18-09-2023)

Well, the first episode of the 'new' Neighbours aired this afternoon in Australia. Some articles have already been posted - some surprise returnees & the wedding 'twist':

SPOILER ALERT! for those who have yet to watch:

Neighbours' two-year time jump explained as the show returns with a twist
    A lot can happen in two years.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...ear-time-jump/

Neighbours airs four surprise returns in show's comeback episode
    Who came back to Ramsay Street?

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...prise-returns/

Neighbours stars respond to bombshell wedding cliffhanger
    "We can't have this be a gimmick."

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...nger-reaction/

Neighbours boss responds to shocking wedding twist in return episode
    Did you see it coming?

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...wedding-twist/

Neighbours revival delivers shock wedding twist no one saw coming
    There's a lot to catch up on...

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/neighbours...crYoT3ysdFsr3I

Neighbours - have David, Aaron and Nicolette left for good?
    The trio are no longer living on Ramsay Street.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...icolette-left/

Neighbours - what is newcomer JJ Varga-Murphy hiding?
    An intriguing new storyline begins.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...murphy-secret/

Neighbours airs major twist in return episode that has left our jaws on the actual floor

https://metro.co.uk/2023/09/18/neigh...o=newsnow-feed

what terese and toadie?

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    what terese and toadie?
    Yes. It had been strongly speculated for a while that the wedding that had been previewed to be in the first episode was indeed Toadie & Terese (especially after someone had zoomed in on a photo from the preview which showed a guest with a wedding programme/order of service which had 'Toadie and Terese' printed on it). Nothing had been formally confirmed of course (other than there would be a big 'twist'), so I didn't want to mention/believe it till I saw it with my own eyes! Supposedly they are going to mention a bit about how this all came about etc in the next episode & there will be some kind of catchup/looking back over the last two years type episodes a little further down the track.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (18-09-2023)

Yeah I think over this week, it will be explaining what happened over the last two years. Otherwise it would be info overload.

DS article with the backstory behind the wedding twist:

Neighbours explains two shock splits in latest episode
    The backstory behind the wedding twist is revealed.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...aul-explained/

Neighbours spoilers follow from Tuesday's episode (September 19), which is available to stream now on Amazon Freevee.

Neighbours has revealed the backstory behind Toadie Rebecchi and Terese Willis both splitting from their respective partners.

The show's big comeback episode ? set two years after the events of the July 2022 finale ? ended with a shock as Toadie and Terese were seen tying the knot in a major storyline twist.

Tuesday's episode filled in the gaps for fans, who had plenty of questions over why Toadie is no longer with Melanie Pearson and why Terese isn't married to Paul Robinson anymore.

During Toadie and Terese's wedding reception, it was revealed that Paul had cruelly left Terese standing at the altar at a planned vow renewal a year ago. This was part of the reason that Paul's son David Tanaka left the Street with his husband Aaron Brennan, although we may not have seen the last of them.

Meanwhile, Melanie's relationship with Toadie also ended in disaster when she walked out on him and the kids, leaving a note behind. However, with Melanie confirmed as part of the new season, she's sure to keep featuring in the show too.

At Terese's wedding party, Paul's son Leo checked whether he was okay after attending the ceremony.

Paul reminded him: "Son, I left her standing at the altar, remember? So yes, I am grateful that we've managed to salvage a friendship.

"I will always regret the way that I behaved this time last year. And I'm sad that it cost me the support of Aaron and David as well. But I'm not cut out for marriage and it's good to finally be honest about that."

Later, Terese caught up with Paul and expressed her belief that everything had worked out well in the end.

She told him: "If you hadn't left me standing on that rooftop, humiliated, and if Melanie hadn't left Toadie, then we would never have found each other."

Ryan Moloney, who plays Toadie, recently told Digital Spy and other press: "Paul screwed Terese over and she was really, really hurt. Melanie screwed Toadie over and he was really, really hurt too!

"They became really great friends throughout that, supporting each other. Then they just started to fall for each other, throughout those moments of support and love."

Neighbours releases new episodes from Mondays to Thursdays for free on Amazon Freevee in the UK and US. In Australia, the show airs from Mondays to Thursdays at 4.30pm on Channel 10, with a 6.30pm repeat screening on 10 Peach.

and:

What happened during the Neighbours two year jump for Toadie and Terese to wed?
    We discover where it all went wrong.

https://www.nowtolove.com.au/celebri...e-willis-78831
    Last edited by Pantherboy; 20-09-2023 at 22:56.

mackenzie and sadie best friends, what the hell

i can't see terese falling for toadie

DS article:

Neighbours hid a secret flashback in the show's return episode
    Did you spot it?

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...nie-flashback/

Neighbours spoilers follow from Monday and Tuesday's episodes (September 18 and 19), which are streaming now on Amazon Freevee.

Neighbours fans may need to re-watch the show's return episode with fresh knowledge, as it's been revealed that it contained a subtle flashback scene.

Monday's return visit to Ramsay Street saw Toadie Rebecchi share a scene with Melanie Pearson at Number 30, but their conversation wasn't all that it seemed.

Episode one of the new season kept fans guessing over the mystery couple who'd be getting married.

In the build-up to the big reveal, Toadie and Melanie were seen wrapping a wedding present. At face value, this was presented as being in the same timeline as the rest of the episode, but in reality, it was not.

Toadie joked about struggling to find the right present for "the couple who has everything", while Melanie referenced "a groom who's been married six times". She opted to give the bride a pig trinket to keep with her on the day.

Toadie and Melanie then reflected on their own wedding day. Toadie acknowledged that things had been "a little bit weird" between them recently, but promised that he'd never forget their special day and how happy he felt.

The scene served the purpose of leading viewers up the garden path over the wedding twist, sneakily creating the impression that Terese Willis and Paul Robinson would be seen at a vow renewal. It also appeared that Toadie and Melanie were still together.

However, following the big reveal that the mystery wedding was in fact Toadie and Terese's, Neighbours has confirmed that the Toadie/Melanie scene was in fact a secret flashback.

In episode two, Toadie and Terese took a walk around the vineyard after exchanging their marriage vows.

In a moment that fans may have missed the significance of, Toadie opened up to Terese about how he'd experienced a vivid memory of Melanie earlier that day. In reality, Melanie has left town after deciding to walk out on Toadie and the kids.

Toadie told Terese: "I had my own moment this morning. While I was wrapping Susan's present, I had a memory of wrapping a present for you and Paul for your vow renewal. Melanie was there and she was looking for that exact pig trinket that she gave to you. The memory was just so clear.

"Things had been pretty strained at that time and it seemed like she was back to her normal self. I thought: 'Maybe we're back on track'."

Terese chimed in: "Then a couple of weeks later, she was gone."

Toadie then provided further insight into why Melanie decided to leave Erinsborough.

He said: "I read that goodbye letter so many times. I know that she says that she wasn't cut out to be a step-parent. I get that. I'm not looking for other explanations that aren't there."

Other dialogue in the episode placed Paul and Terese's vow renewal ? where he'd left her standing at the altar ? to the previous year, so the Toadie/Mel flashback took place 12 months ago.

Unusually, Lucinda Cowden was not credited in the closing titles for her role in Monday's episode.

Despite this, we know that we'll be seeing Lucinda back on screen as Melanie in the not-too-distant future.

Lucinda's return to Neighbours as Melanie was announced in April this year. She later clarified that she'd be a full-time cast member.

Lucinda told the fan-run NeighBens YouTube channel: "It's great for me, because I never had a full-time contract previously. I was just coming in [as a] guestie.

"At the end, I did ? but only right until the end, otherwise I still never really knew how long I was going to be there. So I still kept my drama teaching job on Saturdays, because I was never sure whether I was staying there for any length of time.

"I am back now and I can say that I'm back full-time and I'm main cast. I will be in the opening titles ? I will be in all of those sorts of things. I've got a nice big contract."

Neighbours releases new episodes from Mondays to Thursdays for free on Amazon Freevee in the UK and US. In Australia, the show airs from Mondays to Thursdays at 4.30pm on Channel 10, with a 6.30pm repeat screening on 10 Peach.

no roxy or kyle back for the wedding

is the school gone?

holly is annoying

Thread Information