Thread: Dana and Harper (Ally Harris and Jessica Redmayne)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Dana and Harper (Ally Harris and Jessica Redmayne)

Sisters Dana & Harper joining H&A, to be played by Ally Harris & Jessica Redmayne. Daily Telegraph (subscription only) article:

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...o7E9I&usqp=CAU

https://www.bing.com/images/search?v...00&vt=2&sim=11

"Sydney sister duo Dana and Harper have landed in Summer Bay.

"We don't know much about them," Ally Harris, who plays little sister Dana, told confidential.

"We know they've come from Sydney, to this little coastal town. They can really go from hating each other one second to being best friends the next, and some pretty wild stuff happens."

In a case of fact meeting fiction, Jessica Redmayne, 31, and Harris, 26, moved from Melbourne and Perth respectively to live out their teenage dreams on the Logie award-winning soap.

On Sunday night, Home and Away picked up its record ninth Logie for Most Popular Drama series.

"As a young teen I remember Bec Cartwright played Hayley, who lived with Irene," Redmayne, who plays older sister Harper, said.

"I just so desperately wanted to be Hayley and would pretend I was Hayley in the mirror at age 13. It's funny to now work with Lynne McGranger, she's just gold. I adore her."

Harris recalls being "super into" the soapie in its "Chris Hemsworth era".

"I actually met Chris Hemsworth at a Telethon," Harris said. "I'm sure he would've thought 'why am I up this early, talking to these little girls?' It was pretty amazing coming into this world."

The duo, who have backgrounds in theatre and TV, say moving cities and changing jobs in tandem has made the experience lighter.

"Coming in from different parts of Australia, it's been nice to make that transition together," Redmayne said.

Harris' boyfriend now has plans to move to Sydney."
    Last edited by Pantherboy; 02-08-2023 at 23:34.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (03-08-2023)

Thread Information