Thread: David Ames as Carter

Exclamation David Ames as Carter

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hol...vid-ames-cast/

Hollyoaks has cast former Holby City star David Ames in a new role.

The actor famously played the role of Dominic Copeland on the BBC medical soap, which came to an end last year.

However, the star confirmed on today's (June 2) This Morning that he will be heading to Hollyoaks, taking over as Hollyoaks High's new head from Sally St Claire (Annie Wallace).

While being interviewed by Sharon Marshall, David was asked why he was on set, the star replying: "Well, I heard that there was a vacancy at Hollyoaks High School so I thought I?d step in and fill the role!"

"I'm stepping in as the new headmaster," he added, before being asked whether he could tell fans anything else about his role.

"My lips are sealed on that one! You'll just have to tune in and find out?" he teased.

Elsewhere on Hollyoaks, the soap has just seen the exit of Ijaz Rana as Imran Maalik, with fellow star Haiesha Mistry, who plays Yazz, recently paying tribute to him in an emotional social media post.

"Watching your come up on the show both professionally and personally has been nothing short of inspiring. I'm so blessed I gained a brother for life. I always wanted one I could take the piss out of!" she wrote.

"I'll keep it short 'cos I know you hate me hyping you up but you're my favourite person to hype! I'm so proud of you and I cannot wait to see where your journey takes you next!"

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

lizann (14-06-2023)

a new man for john paul?

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    a new man for john paul?
    Yep.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hol...ter-storyline/

Hollyoaks has begun the story between John Paul McQueen and newcomer Carter Shepherd after the new headteacher entered the village.

In tonight's (August 17) episode, Carter was welcomed by the McQueens, with a lovestruck Goldie introducing him to Mercedes and John Paul.

The latter was still recovering from his terrible ordeal at The Loft, in which he was subjected to a homophobic attack, but he was adamant that he wanted to move on.

As he told Sally that he was still planning to attend the club for Gay Night, he was affected by flashbacks of the incident as she dropped a bottle of wine, leading him to depart as he recovered his composure.

He later confided in Scott that he didn't want the attack to push him into a corner, but would rather spend time with his family than partying.

Upon returning to the BBQ, John Paul and Carter shared a conversation, with the former revealing that he still blamed himself for Freya's accident and that his own problems pale in comparison.

Carter told him that he was too hard on himself, and that it was "never too late" to start making alterations as "change [was] the only constant in life".

As Carter left the house with a smitten Goldie, he came into contact with Freya, who wanted to know what he was doing round their house.

As the pair departed, he revealed that he was Freya's father, leaving his motives for approaching John Paul all the more unclear...

Thread Information