Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Andy Sugden

Emmerdale farmer Andy Sugden will be brutally beaten up next week after Lawrence White takes a dark revenge against him.

Andy has recently started dating Lawrence's daughter Chrissie (Louise Marwood), but surprisingly that's not the reason that overprotective Lawrence wants to hurt him.

So what's the problem? Well, it all kicks off after Lawrence's wife Bernice (Samantha Giles) discovers that Andy and Chrissie have started sleeping together in secret.

© ITV
    Does Bernice know Andy and Chrissie's secret?

Despite initial fears that Bernice will use this to cause trouble for the pair, she loyally promises to keep their secret - and even covers for them in front of Lawrence (John Bowe) when Andy's watch is found at Home Farm.

Bernice may think she's doing a good thing by helping the lovers out, but in reality she's just arousing Lawrence's suspicions with her cagey excuses. So much so that Lawrence jumps to completely the wrong conclusion - assuming that Bernice is the one who's sleeping with Andy. This can't end well...

Deciding not to stand for this, Lawrence makes a call to some shady contacts and it's not long before Andy is found battered and bruised following a nasty beating. It's only when Lawrence sees his daughter lovingly cradling an injured Andy that he knows he's got this one badly wrong.

© ITV
    Andy lies battered in the road

When Chrissie discovers that her ruthless dad was the one who hired the thugs, she hits out by angrily comparing Lawrence to her scheming ex Robert. But it's Andy who has the most surprising reaction, as he decides not to hold a grudge against Lawrence.

Kelvin Fletcher, who plays Andy, revealed: "Andy actually defends Lawrence after Lawrence has had him beaten up. Weirdly Andy can understand why he went to those lengths. He knows he went way over the mark and there was absolutely no need.

"But I don't think Lawrence intended Andy to get as badly beaten up as he did. It was just a bit of a talking-to from these heavies, but Andy sees that he's going to get a kicking and makes the first move. It's actually Andy who throws the first punch - really in self-defence - and then ends up getting attacked quite badly.

"Lawrence doesn't see any of this. He genuinely thinks it's just been a talking-to. So when he sees that Andy's in hospital, he's horrified and feels guilty and dreadful. He makes an attempt to apologise but Andy says 'forget it'.

"I think Lawrence even tries to pay him off to keep it quiet but Andy says: 'You've got to come clean. I want Chrissie and Bernice to hear it from you. That's your way of apologising'."

© ITV
    An injured Andy is taken to hospital

© ITV
    Bernice and Lawrence

Lawrence later struggles with the thought that his daughter will never forgive him for his actions, but as the pressure mounts, the situation also takes a worrying toll on his health.

Viewers will see the Home Farm boss suddenly sink to the floor in the middle of a cardiac arrest while on his own. Robert later arrives on the scene by chance, but will he help his estranged father-in-law or ruthlessly leave him to die?

© ITV
    Lawrence is having a cardiac arrest

© ITV
    Will Robert help Lawrence?

Emmerdale airs these scenes on Wednesday, April 6 and Thursday, April 7 on ITV.

By Daniel Kilkelly, Digital Spy
    http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emme...e-is-to-blame/

Emmerdale muscleman Kelvin Fletcher has admitted that even he gets nervous about stripping off on screen.

The actor, who plays Andy Sugden on the ITV soap, is currently appearing in steamy scenes as his character is enjoying a secret fling with his sister-in-law Chrissie.

While you wouldn't expect the buffed-up star to be too bothered about the story, Fletcher has confessed that he sometimes asks his bosses if he can put more clothes on.

"I feel like I had the laziest six months," he explained. "For some scenes I'll always say: 'Oh, can I have a t-shirt on there?' Sometimes I do feel a bit cringey because I'm not in the best shape. People say 'oh, it's fine'.

"I was away in Australia and I binged. And then you come back and you're taking your top off and it's going out on national TV. People are going to criticise that and compare it if I don't adhere to that standard. I just don't want that pressure.

"I'm active again now, but I had a few months off. That's how I am. These scenes always seem to come when I'm off."

Asked whether he fears losing his shape in the future when he has the show's sexy scenes to worry about, Fletcher replied: "I don't want it to be that you only see men shirtless if they've got what society deems a good physique, because that's not right.

"I feel like if I do that, I'm aiding that and endorsing that - whereas men should be able to take their top off if they're out of shape or not. It doesn't matter - you can still be intimate and semi-naked and attractive to someone.

"People are always going to make a comment, and if they're not making it in the post office or the pub, it's on Twitter. It is a great platform for that, but if you're going to see that then you'll need to be thick-skinned. I think most people are anyway and you have to anticipate that. There's no formula - I do my own thing and what's right for me."

Viewers will soon see Andy's fling get discovered by his old flame Bernice, sparking off a chain of events which ultimately sees him beaten up in a huge misunderstanding.

Digital Spy

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

flappinfanny (29-03-2016)

He has nothing to worry about.

Kelvin Fletcher on topless scenes: ‘I feel cringey as I’m not in my best shape’

It’s part and parcel of the varied job of many soap actors – but we can’t imagine anything more awkward than having to perform scenes topless in front of millions of viewers.

And despite having an enviable bod, actor Kelvin Fletcher has agreed that he finds it tricky and admits that he is often uncomfortable with fuelling the pressure on men to look good by undertaking scenes semi-naked.

We recently caught up with the actor who, as Andy Sugden’s affair with Chrissie White heats up, has been having to ditch the t-shirts more often recently.

Here’s what he had to say in a chat that he shared with Louise Marwood (Chrissie):

Kelvin, do you mind that they keep making you take your kit off?

I feel like I had the laziest six months and for some scenes I’ll always say ‘Oh, can I have a t-shirt on there?’ Sometimes I do feel a bit cringey because I’m not in the best shape. People say ‘oh, it’s fine’.

Is this you not in your best shape?

KF: It’s just if I’ve not done anything for three or four months – I was away in Australia and I binged.

LM: And you had your honeymoon…

KF: Yeah, exactly. And then you come back and you’re taking your top off and it’s going out on national TV. People are going to criticise that and compare it.

LM: It becomes something else then, doesn’t it?

KF: If I don’t adhere to that standard then it’s ‘oh, he’s… ‘. I just don’t want that pressure, it’s [my body] a by product of living an active lifestyle.

You’re back training now?

KF: Yeah, so I’m active again now, but I had a few months off. That’s how I am. These scenes always seem to come when I’m off!

As we all grow older we lose our shape, do you ever envisage a time when you say, ‘ok, this is me’?

KF: Men do, my dad walks around at home with his top off sometimes. I don’t want it to be that you only see men shirtless if they’ve got what society deems a good physique, because that’s not right. I feel like if I do that I’m aiding that and endorsing that whereas men should be able to take their top off if they’re out of shape or not. It doesn’t matter, you can still be intimate and semi-naked, and attractive to someone. Yeah, it’s conflicting to what I’m saying about not wanting to take my top off when I’m not in shape, but that’s just me personally. If I was a little bit older and I was way out of shape then… It’s just the fact with me, I just like it to be on my terms, like ‘right, I’m ready now.’

There’s been a lot of talk recently about objectifying men on TV. How do you feel on that debate, with people tweeting the whole time during the show?

KF: People are always going to make comment, and if they’re not making it in the post office or the pub, it’s on Twitter. It is a great platform for that, but if you’re going to see that then you’ll need to be thick-skinned. I think most people are anyway, and you have to anticipate that. There’s no formula, I do my own thing and what’s right for me.

LM: You have to get really thick-skinned. I had one tweet the other day that said ‘I really have a problem with Louise Marwood’s lips’. And there’s nothing you can do – short of going out and getting them pumped ridiculously, which I would never do. But you know, if you didn’t have a thick skin you could take that as a criticism and go ‘oh no, my lips’, and look at them differently. You have to just ignore all of it and be happy in yourself. You know yourself, when you feel comfortable, and use that as a guideline.

Kelvin, you must get the other side of it though, people saying they’re falling in love with your character. Have you had any weird encounters with fans, or weird fanmail?

KF: Most fanmail now, for everyone, is through social media.

Not like the old days, when you used to get knickers!

KF: I’ve never had that, you know. I’ve always wanted it. [laughs] I don’t know how many actors have it. I think probably Patrick Mower (Rodney) had it in the ‘60s, when it was the norm. If somebody says I’ve done a good scene, then that overrides everything for me. I’m no model, I’m there to do a job and act, so if I can do an honest scene, and portray that particular scene and it’s believable, then that is absolutely paramount. For every person that thinks I’m attractive or have a great body, there’s somebody who thinks I’m out of shape, so you have to take the rough with the smooth.

By Duncan Lindsay for Metro.co.uk
    http://metro.co.uk/2016/03/29/emmerd...shape-5778688/

Andy Sugden’s life will be on the line next week when thugs leave him battered and bruised.

A jealous Lawrence White will pay for Andy to be attacked after leaping to the wrong conclusion about him and Bernice.

Emmerdale fans know, of course, that Andy is actually seeing Chrissie in secret, But by the time the penny drops for Lawrence, he’ll have placed Andy in grave danger.

Describing the scene in which Andy’s injuries are revealed, actor Kelvin Fletcher says:

“It’s like a scene from The Revenant. It’s really weird. The director had me crawling out of this ditch with my hand coming out first. I don’t think I’ll win an Oscar for it, though!”

But thankfully, it doesn’t look as though Andy will be permanently damaged as a result of the attack.

Adds Fletcher: “Moira finds him unconscious. He’s got bruised ribs and a cut on the forehead, a black eye and a bloody nose.

“It looks quite bad, but everybody in soapland mends pretty quick, don’t they. Within two weeks, you can expect him to be as right as rain and good to go!”

By David Brown
    http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2016-...m-the-revenant

Emmerdale airs these scenes from Wednesday, April 6 on ITV.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Telly Watcher For This Useful Post:

lizann (01-04-2016)

lawry did tell bernice she could take a lover but then he has andy beaten up

true, but didn't he say something along the lines of he expected her to hook up with random / one night stands only & he didn't want her to have a rival relationship to him, so Andy would go against that & he's probably feeling threatened by Andy given what he knows happened on her hen night & their history, not that there is any justification for his actions in anyway.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to binky321 For This Useful Post:

Perdita (01-04-2016)

Andy Sugden certainly knows how to push his luck with Lawrence. First, he had that final night of passion with Lawrence's bride-to-be, Bernice, on the eve of their wedding, and now he's sleeping with the other apple of Lawrence's eye, his precious daughter Chrissie.

Still, Andy must count himself unlucky this week to get a beating from Lawrence's hired goons when the Home Farm owner thinks Andy's doing the dirty with Bernice again. In fact, not only does Lawrence get this wrong, his hired help goes above and beyond the call of duty.

"Lawrence doesn't intend Andy to get as beaten up as he does," says Kelvin Fletcher, who plas Andy. "His heavies are just meant to give him a bit of a talking-to. But Andy thinks he's about to get a kicking so he throws the first punch."

When Lawrence sees Chrissie cradling Andy at the hospital, he realises the mistake he's made and it's not long before both Bernice and Chrissie realise what he's done.

For Chrissie, it's yet another black mark against Lawrence as she questions whether he's her real father. When she finds a letter to her mum signed 'all my love, always, Ronnie' from the year she was born, Chrissie wonders whether this Ronnie Hale could be her dad.

And it's poor, hospitalised Andy who advises caution.

"Andy says to give Lawrence the benefit of the doubt," says Kelvin. "At least you know him - or thought you did. What you find out about this new guy may not be what you want."

But will Chrissie heed his warning?

TV Magazine, The Sun, 2-8 April 2016

Emmerdale airs these scenes from Wednesday, April 6 on ITV.

TW:
    So, if this article is true, this puts Chrissie's year of birth as 1980, so she is now 35-36yo.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Telly Watcher For This Useful Post:

binky321 (03-04-2016)

Andy Sugden, character summary

Name: Andrew "Andy" Sugden (formerly Andy Hopwood)
    Born: 28 Jan 1986 (30yo)
    First appeared in Emmerdale: 4 July 1996
    Father: Billy Hopwood
    Mother: Trisha Hopwood
    Adoptive Father: Jack Sugden (from 1997)
    Adoptive Mother: Sarah Sugden (from 1997)
    Adoptive Siblings: Jackie Merrick, Robert Sugden, Victoria Sugden
    Adoptive Stepmother: Diane Sugden (2004–09)
    Half-brother: Daz Eden (same father)
    Wife: Katie Addyman (2004–07, 2014–15), Jo Stiles (2008–09)
    Son: Jack Sugden
    Daughter: Sarah Sugden
    Grandmother: Granny Hopwood
    Occupations: Farmer, Groundsman
    Home: Butler's Farm
    Acted by: Kelvin Warren Fletcher (32yo, DOB: 17/01/84)

Storylines at : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Sugden

Other Sources:
    http://emmerdalepastpresent.wikia.com/wiki/Andy_Sugden
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kelvin_Fletcher

Chrissie White, character summary

Name: Chrissie Sugden (nee White)
    Born: About 1979 [now thought to be 1980*, so 35-36yo]
    First appeared in Emmerdale: 23 October 2014
    Father: Lawrence White
    Mother: Ellen White
    Sibling: Rebecca White
    Spouse: Robert Sugden (2015-2016)
    Children: Lachlan White (2000) (with Donny Cairn)
    Aunt: unnamed (mentioned by Robert)
    Occupations: Businesswoman, Beautician
    Acted by: Louise Marwood (35yo, DOB: 16/11/79)

Storylines at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...hrissie_Sugden

Other Sources:
    http://emmerdalepastpresent.wikia.co...Chrissie_White
    http://www.famousbirthdays.com/peopl...e-marwood.html
    *TV Magazine, The Sun, 2-8 April 2016

Kelvin Fletcher in the British Touring Car Championship 2016

Kelvin Fletcher has played Andy Sugden for 20 years, but has been racing competitively since 2012. He is now going to take part in the British Touring Car Championship.

"It's a boyhood dream to race in the British Touring Cars. It's something I've watched as a spectator, as a fan, a big motor sports fan growing up so to get the opportunity now a little bit later in my adult life, I think it's absolutely fantastic."
    – Kelvin Fletcher

itv.com
    http://www.itv.com/news/calendar/upd...-brands-hatch/

https://twitter.com/kelvin_fletcher/...06762529439744

BTCC team Power Maxed Racing has announced that it has signed Emmerdale star Kelvin Fletcher to drive the 2016 Chevrolet Cruze this season.

Fletcher, better known to the public by his stage name Andy Sugden, has been in Emmerdale for the past 20 years and has been racing competitively since 2012.

The 32-year-old actor, who hails from Oldham, has had a successful racing career to date competing in the Porsche Carerra Cup and GT3 Cup Challenge, the Ginetta GT5 Challenge, a stint in prototypes in the V de V Challenge and he even completed a guest round in the F1 support race the Porsche Supercup.

Kelvin has racked up 5 race wins, 3 fastest race laps and 29 podiums, based on the 45 races Kelvin has entered he has a podium percentage of 64.4% which puts him well above the majority of racing drivers.

Power Maxed Racing has already signed Hunter Abbott to compete in the sister Chevrolet Cruze and has made a number of changes to the car for this season including the adoption of the upgraded RML components.

PMR was chosen as a development partner to RML being the first team to test the new BTCC components, as well as forming a close working relationship with Swindon Engines, developing a host of new initiatives including a new engine for this season.

Kelvin also has close ties with the University of Bolton which has supported his racing for a number of years. Part of the deal sees Power Maxed Racing working alongside the university to help them develop their ever growing motorsport qualifications. Power Maxed Racing will offer students the chance to gain practical industry experience and help ready them for a career in motorsport.

Adam Weaver, Team Principal, Power Maxed Racing commented, “We are delighted to welcome Kelvin to PMR and give him his chance to step up into the BTCC. He has a strong sportscar track record and he is more than ready to make the transition to the UK's finest domestic racing series. We think Kelvin is an excellent choice to race alongside Hunter, we feel they will work together and will both be turning a few heads this year."

Weaver continues, “We promised a big name for this year and Kelvin’s celebrity status will certainly draw a crowd. We’re looking forward to working with another celebrity driver following our relationship with celebrity chef Paul Hollywood.

"We have thousands of ideas buzzing around the office for other projects we could work on with Kelvin, our favourite at the moment is an Emmerdale vs Corrie track day."

Kelvin Fletcher commented, “I’m really looking forward to making the step up to the BTCC, signing with such a solid team as Power Maxed Racing will no doubt make the transition to the BTCC a smooth one.” Kelvin continues, “I'm a massive motorsport fan and have been watching the BTCC for as long as I can remember, it has been a lifelong dream to race against my childhood heroes and it is about to become a reality thanks to Power Maxed Racing and the University of Bolton."

itv.com
    http://www.itv.com/btcc/power-maxed-...-btcc-campaign

2016 BTCC Calendar, 3 races per event
    April 2/3 | Brands Hatch Indy
    April 16/17 | Donington Park
    May 7/8 | Thruxton
    June 4/5 | Oulton Park
    June 18/19 | Croft
    July 30/31 | Snetterton
    August 13/14 | Knockhill
    August 27/28 | Rockingham
    September 17/18 | Silverstone
    October 1/2 | Brands Hatch GP

BTCC 2016 Season Launch round-up
    http://www.btcccrazy.co.uk/btcc/btcc...unch-round-up/

Power Maxed Racing is on Facebook at:
    https://www.facebook.com/powermaxedracing/

Some of Kelvin Fletcher's recent tweets:

The car line up, 22 Mar 2016
    https://twitter.com/UKPMR/status/712239859776299009

The car, 22 Mar 2016
    https://twitter.com/racingist/status/712280105322676224

The pre-green stage... ("ROAR!"), 22 Mar 2016
    https://twitter.com/autosport/status/712211834758176769
    Last edited by Telly Watcher; 03-04-2016 at 11:06.

Thread Information