Page 1 of 58 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Letitia Dean and Nigel Harman quit

Letitia Dean and Nigel Harman quit

13 August 2005
    WE QUIT
    EASTENDERS EXCLUSIVE Dennis and Sharon to leave Albert Sq
    By Fiona Cummins, Showbiz Reporter

EASTENDERS favourites Dennis Rickman and Sharon Watts are to leave Albert Square after their bizarre wedding and a murder probe.

Actors Nigel Harman and Letitia Dean have revealed they want to quit in a double blow for the BBC. Nigel, 32, is going for good while Letitia, 37, wants to take a long break. A show insider said: "Nigel met with the show's producers and decided he has taken Dennis as far as he can."

He will film his final scenes in November and will be written out in an explosive New Year storyline.

Letitia is expected to leave at the same time. Their exit is a hammer blow to the BBC because Dennis and adopted sister Sharon are at the centre of a gripping love story.

The source said: "Writers are now planning Dennis' exit storyline.

"He has been a fantastic asset to the show and is one of the most popular characters. But he had made up his mind that the time was right for him to walk away."

Sharon and Dennis marry on August 29 and the BBC hoped their big day would claw back lost viewers.

Police arrive just before the reception to dig up Dirty Den's body.

Den, Sharon's adoptive dad and Dennis's real one, has been murdered and buried under the Vic.

Nigel and Letitia have both been off the show but were lured back in June. He was given a £150,000 a year deal and Letitia £175,000. She joined when EastEnders started in 1985 and has had four stints on the soap.

Nigel first appeared in 2003 and was named Best Newcomer at the National TV Awards.

But he has admitted doubts over the show. He said: "On and off I've sat there and thought, 'God, this is naff.' It's a double-edged sword.You can come out and do a Martin Kemp or you can never work again."

Link: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/tm_obje...name_page.html

Oh dear. The end of Shannis. It should not come as any surprise that this happened. They will probably be tempted back again next year in a sensational storyline after discovering the grass is not as green as they thought. ~Its a pity the producers based so much of the show around them
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

They've only been back five mins!!!

I know, judejude.
    Medical School Guide Forums
    Soapboards approved link - rimmer

I'm so upset to hear about this but i'm waiting till the beeb confirm it!
    It says that toish is having a long break but Nigel for good, Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

To be honest, I thought this might happen -- and I suppose if they leave at the same time there's a chance of Shannis being happy for once.

I hope it's not true, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is. It seems every week there's news of another character leaving.

I'm gutted. They haven't even been back for long.

I knew eventually they would leave and do other things but I didn't expect it to be so soon.

Good luck to them both and I really do hope they have a happy ending and an explosive exit. They deserve it.

I wouldn't be so sure about this yet, this all looks a bit dodgy to me.

Quote Originally Posted by squarelady
    I wouldn't be so sure about this yet, this all looks a bit dodgy to me.
    Lexie your here, keep us positive please?

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooooo

i dont think it is true because when nigel was on jonathon ross he said he had a couple more years left at ee.
    plus he said on their what you read on papers is not true

and it would be on the ee website

but the one way to find out for sure is when sharon marshall is on friday imm going to ring up and ask her if she does not say

I LUV SHANNIS

IVE BEEN TO SEE GUYS AND DOLLS
    R.I.P Dennis Rickman i will really miss you

Thread Information