Thread: Casualty Spoilers 15th April 2023

Exclamation Casualty Spoilers 15th April 2023

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/cas...-jan-max-ryan/

Next week on Casualty, a difficult patient brings back a past Jan would rather forget, and the new nurses battle to impress Max.

Here's a full collection of the six biggest moments coming up:

1. Jan's past is revisited

Jan is shocked to recognise a drunk and homeless patient as her ex-husband Gethin.

Gethin isn?t happy the paramedics have been called and refuses all treatment,

Determined to remain professional, Jan insists that he needs to be seen at the ED but Gethin makes it clear that he won't go anywhere with her.

2. Dylan makes a worrying discovery

Dylan spots something in Gethin?s notes that concerns him. He encourages Gethin to seek support, but Gethin insists he's ready to drink himself to death without admitting the truth.

Dylan offers to help get him off the streets for a few nights, but Gethin absolutely refuses to speak to Jan.

Gethin begins to look forward to spending the night in a hostel, until Jodie breaks the news that she hasn't been able to find him one.

3. Max sets the new nurses a challenge

Aware the new nurses want to impress him, Max issues them a challenge ? whoever has the best shift will win a prize.

Jodie cynically warns the others not to bother as she's guaranteed to triumph, while Rida lucks out when she finds herself in Resus with Max.

4. Jan gets another shock

Gethin eventually agrees to be treated in hospital. Jan hands him over to Dylan as quickly as possible but is frustrated when Sah later shares that Gethin might need surgery.

Jan's frustration grows when she gets another update from Donna, which leads her to question why everyone feels the need to keep her in the loop.

Jan is horrified to learn that she's Gethin's next of kin and angrily confronts him.

5. Ryan lands himself in trouble

Ryan knows he needs to prove himself when Donna discovers that he faked one of his references. Unimpressed, Donna gives Ryan a day to prove he's as good as he claims to be.

Ryan treats Ava, a DJ with hearing loss. Showing off, he confidently diagnoses her with a ruptured eardrum, but Donna is forced to intervene. She confirms that Ava just has an ear infection and warns Ryan to leave the diagnoses to the grownups.

6. Dylan makes a mistake with Donna

As she arrives for her shift, Donna finds a patient collapsed in the car park. She abandons her car to help but Dylan, who can?t leave his own patient, assures her that the car will be fine.

After saving the patient Donna forgets to move the car, and is horrified to get a parking fine.

When Dylan finds her on the phone trying to pay, he promises to sort it. However, when he forgets, Donna's car is towed away.

Casualty airs these scenes on Saturday, April 15 on BBC One. The show also streams on BBC iPlayer.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/cas...iews-new-cast/

It's all change in Casualty this week as four new nurses burst through the ever-revolving doors.

Anna Chell, Sarah Seggari, Eddie-Joe Robinson and Barney Walsh have joined the show as the ED's newest recruits ? Jodie, Rida, Ryan and Cam, and they will be joined by Holby City's Donna Jackson, who is heading downstairs as their mentor.

Here, the new Casualty quartet speak exclusively to Digital Spy about their time on the show so far and what's coming up for their characters.

How has your time been at Casualty so far?

Sarah: "I feel totally at home, it still feels like Disneyland every time I pass security at the doors but it really feels like a second home."

Eddie-Joe: "It's been an honour joining such a well-loved and fantastic show. Everyone's been so welcoming and I'm excited to continue the journey! It took a little while to settle the nerves, but it's been a joy all the way through."

Can you tell us how your parts came about?

Sarah: "I self-taped then did a group chemistry test with Anna [Jodie] and voila the rest is history. They had me making up all sorts of medical problems I was talking out my butt hoping all my Casualty watching made up for it."

Did you watch the show much beforehand?

Sarah: "Of course! I was a big fan, I called the actors by their character names for about three months."

What was your first day on set like?

Anna: "I remember all four of us walking onto set and gasping? I couldn't believe how real it looked! It's brilliant! My first day on set was quite a big one, there were nerves and excitement but the crew I was working with made me super comfortable and I feel like I'm really part of the family now. I'm loving it."

Sarah: "On the first day we had costume and make up trials and we walked around the building talking about our characters and I think we were all a bit like sponges just trying to soak every tiny morsel of info up."

Eddie-Joe: "Nerve-racking! There's always a bit of pressure being 'the new one', but everyone was so lovely so it didn't take long to settle in. Ryan spends parts of the first episode being a bit of a deer in headlights, which is pretty much how I felt on my first day on set."

Has it been nice coming in altogether?

Anna: "It's been a dream! I love those guys. I feel so lucky to have joined with them. Jodie, Cam, Ryan and Rida have a beautiful group dynamic, all offering different things/different energies but complimenting each other ? as do Barney, Eddie-Joe, Sarah and I. I'm so grateful to call them my mates! They're a proper buzz."

Sarah: "Absolutely! They're my best friends, I'm so glad they brought us together ? thanks BBC."

Eddie-Joe: "We hate each other, truth be told? Joking! We get on so so well. Meeting these lot has been one of the best parts of the job. Our holiday to Portugal can't come quick enough."

How would you describe your characters?

Anna: "Jodie is outgoing, funny, flirty, she isn't afraid to get involved, and I love how she is trusting herself more and more with her ability as a nurse as episodes go on. She is the rebellious teenager of the group ? expect a lot of hangovers, sticky situations and juicy relationships.

"Jodie has had a bit of a tough time growing up which only makes her fierce and fiery, a bit of a 'lone ranger' but absolutely owns her ****. She is well used to looking after herself, she keeps people at arm's length due to certain circumstances and it'll take someone very, very special to break that barrier. Tune in to discover more about her past."

Sarah: "Rida is your no bull**** friend she will tell you exactly how it is but she will be the first to punch anyone who talks badly about you. She's the loyal one. I want a Rida around."

Eddie-Joe: "Ryan is driven and ambitious, always wanting to get ahead of his fellow nurses at any opportunity. He's not all work though, and when he does play, he can take the banter a little too far. He's been so fun to bring to life, and though he's flawed, there's definite moments of growth for him too."

Do you fans will like them?

Jodie: "I'm sure she can win them over!"

Sarah: "I think it will be a slow burner as we see her a little bit more as the episodes progress ? but I really hope they like her in the end!"

Eddie-Joe: "I think he may split audience opinion. He's good fun, but will also rub a few people up the wrong way I'm sure. Always good to have the rough with the smooth."

Any more teasers you can give us? What about potential love interests?

Anna: "Jodie's always looking for the next guy to snog ? loads of nights out and vodka tonics, definitely lead to a few drunken decisions."

Sarah: "It's pretty action packed for Rida right off the bat, poor girl needs to just relax and go home and have a cup of green tea I think."

Eddie-Joe: "Romance may be pushing it for Ryan, but 'entanglements' is probably more suitable. As for friendships, his main problem is keeping them."

Do you know much about the long-term plans for your characters?

Anna: "Jodie has some really exciting storylines coming up. She always seems to get herself in a situation so there's definitely going to be some drama going down."

Sarah: "No. It's excruciating now not knowing until about two weeks before what happens to her."

Eddie-Joe: "Nope, and if I did, I wouldn't tell. You'll just have to wait and see."

Is there anyone you'd like to share scenes with who you haven't already?

Anna: "I've been lucky and worked with most actors on the show now, they're all amazing and we have such a laugh. When I first came, each one of them made me feel super comfortable. The guest artists we have on are also brilliant ? you meet so many people doing this job."

Sarah: "I haven't really worked with Mr Casualty himself ? Dylan Keogh! How is this possible, guys?

Eddie-Joe: "I think I've done scenes with everyone now. They're all great, so I won't pick favourites!"

Has it been difficult getting your head around all the medical jargon?

Sarah: "Absolutely, we are trying to cram in five years of medical school in a tiny amount of time."

Eddie-Joe: "I've been so lucky (touch wood!) that I've not had to do much so far. Dreading the day I've got a page long monologue of the stuff!"

Casualty airs these scenes on Saturday, April 15 on BBC One. The show also streams on BBC iPlayer.

Thread Information