https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hol...n-rafe-sienna/

Hollyoaks bosses have announced that Chris Gordon is joining the show as new regular Rafe.

Rafe, the Earl of Dee, is a member of the nobility and will charm Sienna Blake at the Chester Races in May.

Chris, who has previously appeared in hit Netflix series The Crown, has already started filming on location with the Hollyoaks cast.

As Rafe is expected to strike up a bond with Sienna, fans will have to stay tuned to see whether he drives a wedge between her and her current boyfriend Ethan Williams.

Speaking about his casting, Chris commented: "Joining the team at Hollyoaks feels a bit like meeting the family of a partner you really like ? a little bit intimidating, but also very fulfilling.

"There's a real closeness throughout the departments and I've been welcomed into the fold with grace.

"Working with Anna [Passey, who plays Sienna] has been an utter joy. Not only as an actor but as a person too. Sienna's journey collides with Rafe and there's... well, fireworks!

"He's not the usual man around town. The mystery and complexity of a road less travelled is something I'm really looking forward to playing and sharing with the fans."

Anna Passey added: "We are so excited to have Chris join the cast. He is a wonderful actor, and is bringing something completely new to the village with Rafe.

"We are already having so much fun with this storyline, and I cannot wait for the audience to meet our suave and mysterious Rafe. Chris is an absolute dream to work with ? it looks like an exciting year ahead."

Chris's first appearance as Rafe will air on Tuesday, May 9 on All 4 and E4, with the episode also screening the following day on Channel 4.

Hollyoaks streams first on All 4, with new episodes dropping each weekday morning. The show airs Mondays to Fridays at 6.30pm on Channel 4, and at 7pm on E4.

Selected omnibus episodes are available via Prime Video.