Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Neighbours on Amazon Freevee

Metro.co.uk article:

First look as Hollywood star Mischa Barton films mysterious Neighbours role as pictures confirm another big return

https://metro.co.uk/2023/04/20/misch...o=newsnow-feed

Filming has commenced on the highly-anticipated relaunch of Neighbours, with Hollywood star Mischa Barton having already been spotted on set.

The actress, who is best known for playing Marissa Cooper on The OC, will guest star in the revival series of the Aussie soap, which was rescued by Amazon Freevee last year shortly after its cancellation by Channel 5.

Mischa will portray mysterious newcomer Reece, an American who rocks up in Ramsay Street with a secret, with subsequent scenes set to reveal that she?s not who she appears to be.

?I?m excited to be part of this iconic show?s next chapter, and I am really looking forward to being back in Australia a place I know and love!,? said the Invitation to Murder star.

?I think the character of Reece is going to be a great role for me to explore and play with.?

Neighbours? executive producer Jason Herbison added: ?With Neighbours launching on Amazon Freevee in North America, we are beyond excited to have an actor of Mischa?s calibre join us for the beginning of this exciting new chapter.

?Mischa?s character is dynamic and unpredictable, and will have an instant presence on Ramsay Street. Our loyal viewers are going to love her, locally and abroad.?

Mischa was pictured arriving at Nunawading studios in Melbourne, where the popular soap is filmed.

Neighbours resumed production earlier this week, with the new series set to launch on Freevee, Amazon?s free ad-supported streaming service, later in the year.

Cast members including Rebekah Elmaloglou, Tim Kano and Georgie Stone, who play Terese Willis, Leo Tanaka and Mackenzie Hargreaves respectively, were all pictured on set, as was Emerald Chan, who played Sadie Rodwell during the show?s final few months on Channel 5, which confirms her return too.

Word of Neighbours? revival was broke to audiences in a specially filmed video clip, featuring Jackie Woodburne, Alan Fletcher, Ryan Moloney and Stefan Dennis, who play Susan Kennedy, Karl Kennedy, Toadie Rebecchi and Paul Robinson, confirming that they have all signed on to take part in the sequel series.

A further announcement was made in February, with Annie Jones, who played Jane ?Plain Jane Superbrain? Harris, set to reprise her iconic role, alongside Rebekah, Georgie and Tim, who will also be full-time series regulars.

Melissa Bell, who plays Lucy Robinson, will also be back in a recurring capacity, as will April Rose Pengilly (Chloe Brennan) and Harold Bishop star Ian Smith, with Melanie Person star Lucinda Cowden set to return full-time.

Neighbours returns to screens on Amazon Freevee later this year, with hundreds of classic episodes already available to stream.

And:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...ours-time.html

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (20-04-2023)

Tvtonight.com.au article:

Ian Smith: ?I do want to retire?
    Much loved Ramsay Street resident is happy to make guest appearances, but not forever.

https://tvtonight.com.au/2023/04/ian...to-retire.html

Ian Smith: ?I do want to retire?
    Much loved Ramsay Street resident is happy to make guest appearances, but not forever.
    Published by David Knox
    on April 21, 2023
    Leave a comment
    Filed under News
    Ian Smith is happy to return to Neighbours in guest appearances, but he?s also looking forward to a decent retirement.

?I do want to retire, ? he confirmed this week at the Neighbours: The Celebration event in Melbourne.

?They?ve been so kind to let me come back to do bibs and bobs.?

Asked if Harold is likely to have changed in any way he said the character had found a sweet spot.

?People know that he can turn in a second. If he thinks there?s been an injustice done he will fight like fire. But if he gets caught in a corner he can be a little bit stupid. He?ll blunder and buster around until he gets out of it,? he said.

Quizzed on Harold?s infamous amnesia storyline, he said, ?There are times when you think ?Here we go, it?s a soap plot?. but I?m happy to say they have shown Harold a lot of respect.

?Apart from the time when Bouncer had a dream about him.?

Filming continues for the 10 / Prime Video series.

And the DS article:

Neighbours legend Ian Smith discusses future as Harold Bishop
    "I do want to retire."

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...ure-ian-smith/

Neighbours fans will agree that Ian Smith, who has played Harold Bishop on and off on the show since 1987, deserves a nice retirement.

Smith, who first left the show in 1991 but returned in 1996, 2011, 2015 and again for last year's would-be finale, is part of the guest cast for Amazon Freevee's upcoming revival.

Smith took part in Melbourne's Neighbours: The Celebration Tour this week, when he was asked about long-term goals.

He said (via TV Tonight): "I do want to retire. They've been so kind to let me come back to do bibs and bobs."

As for what we can expect from Harold in the all-new Neighbours, Smith reassured assured the event's attendees that his character's often combustible personality won't be diminished.

"People know that he can turn in a second," he noted. "If he thinks there's been an injustice done he will fight like fire.

"But if he gets caught in a corner he can be a little bit stupid. He'll blunder and bluster around until he gets out of it."

Meanwhile, Smith's co-star Alan Fletcher has praised the all-new Neighbours as "even better" than the original.

"I've been doing this show for 28 years, the show's been going for 37 years. It changed over that time, the production values increased. But now we get to do a re-do," he began.

"It'll still be the same show... but we will be able to make it even better. I think this next season is gonna be incredibly exciting."

Neighbours returns in the second half of 2023 with new episodes streaming free on Amazon Freevee in the UK and US. Network 10 will retain first-run rights in Australia for the new series.

DS article:

Neighbours releases first official picture of returnee back on set
    "What kind of trouble will she be causing in Erinsborough next?"

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...-emerald-chan/

Neighbours has given fans a first look at Emerald Chan back on the set of the revival.

The Aussie soap has been picked up by Amazon Freevee following its cancellation last year. Chan, who plays Sadie Rodwell on the show, was among the last characters to be introduced as series regulars before Neighbours said goodbye to fans in an emotional final episode in July 2022.

After being spotted on set earlier this month, Chan has now been confirmed as returning in the new batch of episodes.

"We're very excited to announce that Emerald Chan will be reprising her role as Sadie Rodwell in all new episodes of #Neighbours later this year," the soap shared on its social media channels.

"What kind of trouble will Sadie be causing in Erinsborough next? We can't wait to find out!"

Chan commented on the announcement, writing "so happy to be back" and adding a red heart emoji.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CraJOPxs...1-ecb07a00668d

Chan was seen back on Ramsay Street together with Lloyd Will and Candice Leask, who play Sadie's parents Andrew and Wendy.

No formal announcement has been made as of yet regarding Will and Leask's return, but it may not be long before Neighbours clarifies their status for the new episodes.

Meanwhile, the show has introduced the first Erinsborough newcomer by casting The OC star Mischa Barton in the role of Reece, an American. While details of her character are being kept under wraps, it seems that Reece's arrival to Ramsay Street conceals some mysterious motivations, setting up an explosive storyline.

Neighbours returns in the second half of 2023 with new episodes streaming free on Amazon Freevee in the UK and US. Network 10 will retain first-run rights in Australia for the new series.

DS article:

Neighbours releases first official picture as Lloyd Will reprises Andrew Rodwell role
    "Who else was going to keep those Erinsborough residents in check?"

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...odwell-return/

Neighbours has released an official photo of Lloyd Will back as Andrew Rodwell for the soap's highly anticipated revival.

After being spotted on set earlier this month, Will's return as Andrew has officially been confirmed with a photo posted to the soap's Instagram page.

"We're very happy to announce that Lloyd Will is also reprising his role as Sergeant Andrew Rodwell in the new season of Neighbours," the post was captioned. "Who else was going to keep those Erinsborough residents in check?"

https://www.instagram.com/p/Crhs0KEK...3-e54b3c1b1149

"Great to be back," Will commented on the announcement, while plenty of fans also shared their excitement.

Lloyd was spotted filming on the set of Neighbours earlier this month along with Emerald Chan and Candice Leask, who play Sadie and Wendy Rodwell respectively.

Chan's return was officially announced earlier this week, which just leaves Leask, though it surely won't be long before the Rodwell family are completed.

Other returning cast members include Stefan Dennis (Paul Robinson), Alan Fletcher (Karl Kennedy), Jackie Woodburne (Susan Kennedy) and Ryan Moloney (Toadie Rebecchi), as well as Tim Kano (Leo Tanaka), Rebekah Elmaloglou (Terese Willis), Georgie Stone (Mackenzie Hargreaves) and Annie Jones (Jane Harris).

Ian Smith (Harold Bishop), April Rose Pengilly (Chloe Brennan) and Melissa Bell (Lucy Robinson) will all make an appearance as guest stars.

Meanwhile, former The OC and The Hills star Mischa Barton will make her Neighbours debut as an American named Reece, whose arrival in Erinsborough is set to shake things up.

EDIT:

And:

Neighbours star Candice Leask breaks silence on Wendy Rodwell return
    "I AM soooo thrilled to be joining the amazing and immensely hardworking show."

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...odwell-return/
    Last edited by Pantherboy; 01-05-2023 at 22:02.

Nowtolove.com.au article:

Alan Fletcher details what it's like reuniting with his "family" on the Neighbours reboot set
    It's like they never said goodbye!

https://www.nowtolove.com.au/celebri...fletcher-77511

When Alan Fletcher first walked back onto the Neighbours set at Melbourne's Nunawading Studios, it was as if nothing had changed. There was the same security guard outside the building. He caught up with old friends.

"Everything old was new again," Alan, 66, tells TV WEEK from the set of the resurrected Aussie drama. "But it was screamingly apparent what had changed and what hadn't.

"Neighbours has always been a family. You'd see someone from the past and give them a big hug, then you'd turn a corner and see someone new and ask, 'What's your name? What department are you in?'"

With scripts in hand and rehearsing, the cast are now well and truly back at work. Alan has been poring over three weeks' worth of scripts and says the new stories "are fantastic".

"When people see it [Neighbours], it will be like coming back to a familiar friend," Alan says. "What will be interesting to see are the subtle changes made to how it looks and how we film."

Of course, fans were surprised in November when it was announced the show was rescued by streaming platform Amazon Freevee, just a few months after Neighbours aired what was then thought to be its last hurrah. It was a suitably star-filled episode, featuring original cast members Kylie Minogue, Jason Donovan and Guy Pearce.

Returning for the reboot are a cavalcade of Ramsay Street favourites. Along with Alan, who reprises his role as Dr Karl Kennedy, Stefan Dennis, Jackie Woodburne, Melissa Bell, Ryan Moloney, Annie Jones, Rebekah Elmaloglou, Lucinda Cowden, Georgie Stone and Tim Kano are back ? as is the legendary Ian Smith as iconic Neighbours character Harold Bishop.

There are also new cast members joining the show. UK-born American film and TV actress Mischa Barton ? famous for playing troubled teen Marissa Cooper in hit 2000s drama The OC ? has already been announced, but Alan teases there are more he can't discuss just yet.

What fans can't wait to see is what's next for Ryan and Lucinda's characters Toadie and Melanie, who tied the knot last year.

What of scheming Paul (Stefan) and his roller-coaster relationship with Terese (Rebekah)? And how will the show's writers resolve the Jane (Annie) and Mike (Guy Pearce) storyline, after the former lovers reunited in the final episode?

"There are lot of things for fans to be excited about," Alan says of the 2023 season to come. "Neighbours will pull out all the stops to surprise audiences."

As for Karl and Susan (Jackie), he says historically a lot of the drama has revolved around the characters "moving through" the Kennedy household, which he expects to continue.

"There's enormous potential for anything," he says. "It's a new adventure and it's wonderful to be part of that."

New episodes of Neighbours will air on Network 10 later in the year. They will then be available on Prime Video seven days later.

And:

Neighbours star Alan Fletcher teases "fantastic" revival series
    "Neighbours has always been a family."

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...series-praise/
    Last edited by Pantherboy; 01-05-2023 at 22:01.

For anyone interested, this is a (lengthy) Lucinda Cowden (Melanie) interview with 'Neighbens' - hopefully the link works:

https://youtu.be/3qD9jfh2OjQ

EDIT:

Also:

Neighbours star Lucinda Cowden confirms Mel's future on the show
    Back for good.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...en-mel-future/
    Last edited by Pantherboy; 03-05-2023 at 22:38.

For Corrie fans:

Could THIS much-loved Coronation Street star be making the move to Neighbours?
    Coronation Street star Ciar?n Griffiths has spoken out about whether he'd return down under

https://www.whattowatch.com/news/cou...-to-neighbours

He's playing one of Cornation Street's most controvesial characters at the moment, but could Ciar?n Griffiths, who plays Damon Hay in the ITV show, be heading for sunnier shores?

The Coronation Street actor recently addressed whether or not he'd return to his homeland of Australia - perhaps even making an appearance on Neighbours.

Damon Hay is in the Corrie spotlight right now due to his affair with married Sarah Barlow, with many Corrie fans left in shock over the developments.

While it's unclear how long Ciar?n will be staying on the show, it's thought that he won't be a long-term Corrie character.

Yeah, if it meant I could have regular work near my family, then absolutely," he told Inside Soap.

"Melbourne is a great city. I'd want to play something completely different to anything I've done before, so maybe some old washed-up, Meth-head surfer. I'd get to be out in the sun!"

And it seems there are some more plus points when it comes to filming in Aus, which is known for its healthy work/life balance as well as fantastic weather.

When comparing filming in Australia as opposed to the UK, Ciar?n said, "They're a lot more laid-back in Australia. The pace is a bit slower ? but the weather's better!

"When I'm here freezing on the cobbles and they say they're taking your coat as we're going for a take and you have to act warm, it's hard! I did a job in Melbourne last January; it was scorching.

'I can't handle the cold now."

Sounds like a convincing argument to us! Watch this space for Ciar?n's next move...

And:

TV Coronation Street star Ciar?n Griffiths reveals whether he'd join rival soap Neighbours
    Ciar?n Griffiths is part of the main storyline in Corrie at the moment, but could he switch to a more fitting soap down under?

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/entert...ciarn-29934193

Coronation Street star Ciar?n Griffiths reveals whether he'd move to Neighbours
    "I'd want to play something completely different."

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/cor...s-possibility/

i thought ciaran was british but how is australia his homeland

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    i thought ciaran was british but how is australia his homeland
    I think he fell in love with Melbourne when he worked there for a while as he says the climate is better and healthier. I would move to Melbourne or Sydney in a flash if I could after my visit there 8 years ago now ♥ ♥

DS article:

Neighbours stars hint at dramatic Rodwell story in on-set video
    "All we can say is the Rodwells are back with a bang."

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...ell-storyline/

Neighbours stars Candice Leask and Lloyd Will have hinted at a dramatic story for the Rodwell family ahead of the soap's return later this year.

The pair ? who play Wendy and Andrew Rodwell, respectively ? teased a storyline for the family in an on-set video, which was posted to the show's Instagram account.

"This is one of our first scenes back at the Rodwell house, and we are super excited to be back on set. I can't wait to bring it all to you back at home," Lloyd began.

"I am so, so thrilled to be here with Lloyd today," added Candice. "We've got so many people working around us and all we can say is the Rodwells are back with a bang. See you soon!"

Candice and Lloyd were both announced as returning cast members alongside Emerald Chan last month, with the latter reprising her role as Sadie Rodwell.

One new cast member will be The OC alum Mischa Barton. She's joining the Australian soap as Reece, an American whose arrival in Erinsborough is "far from what it appears to be".

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CsDgt...7-3fd0361f0e6f

I'm excited to be part of this iconic show's next chapter, and I am really looking forward to being back in Australia, a place I know and love," said Barton upon joining the soap.

Producer Jason Herbison was delighted at the prospect of a Hollywood star entering Ramsay Street, adding: "We are beyond excited to have an actor of Mischa's calibre join us for the beginning of this exciting new chapter.

"Mischa's character is dynamic and unpredictable and will have an instant presence. Our loyal viewers are going to love her ? locally and abroad."

Thread Information