Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2023 Emmerdale Spoilers

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emm...spoilers-2023/

Emmerdale has kicked off the year with some huge storylines ? from the fallout of Al Chapman's death, to Paddy Dingle's emotional mental health scenes.

As we look to the future, there's plenty more drama to expect as new faces in the village start to make their mark and the show's biggest secret finally explodes out into the open.

Here's our full guide to the biggest spoilers for the rest of the year, all in one place.

1. Charles' new story

Speaking in January, Emmerdale's executive producer Jane Hudson confirmed that 2023 will be a big year for local vicar Charles.

We've already seen some major changes for Charles over the past year, as he has welcomed his long-lost daughter Naomi into his life and has reunited with old flame Manpreet. But with a full family unit now around Charles, what's next for him?

In a recent YouTube interview, Hudson said: "We've got our Anderson family ? Charles, Ethan, Naomi and of course Manpreet, who's with Charles. They've finally got their own home ? Charles and Manpreet ? which is fantastic.

"There is a lot in store for the Andersons this year. There is a lot going to be happening for Charles in particular, but I'm not going to tell you what that is at the moment. You're going to have to keep watching, because it's happening a bit further in the year."

2. Ethan's new story

Ethan's relationship with Marcus ended abruptly last month after actor Darcy Grey left the show following a one-year stint in the Dales.

When this break-up was first announced in January, Hudson hinted that making Ethan single would lead into another storyline, so it seems that he's one to watch.

Hudson teased: "We are going to see Ethan go through quite a journey with Marcus on screen, which will result in Ethan being young, free and single ? and where will that lead us to?"

3. Nicky's secret revealed?

Home Farm's new nanny Nicky is a character who's currently being watched closely by Emmerdale fans.

The new arrival was brought in as a love interest for Gabby, but viewers suspect there's more to him than meets the eye after some intriguing comments that actor Lewis Cope made when he first landed the role.

Speaking in December, Lewis teased: "At the moment, Nicky is a lovely person and there's nothing to say that he's not. But he's almost too good to be true ? you'll have to wait and see."

Emmerdale has fuelled the speculation by not giving Nicky a surname in the show's closing titles, while other new characters like Marshall do have full names listed. Is this a red herring, or could Nicky have a connection to someone familiar that the show is currently keeping under wraps?

Plus, with a bigger agenda casting a shadow over Home Farm in the coming months, could Nicky play a surprising role in the drama?

4. Gabby's decision over Nicky

Gabby was smitten with Nicky as soon as he turned up at Home Farm for his job interview last year. When Nicky started work, Gabby made it her mission to win him over ? and ultimately succeeded.

However, in a recent appearance on ITV1's Loose Women, Emmerdale boss Hudson hinted that Gabby's priorities could change in the long-run.

She said: "I think we all know it's not just the children that Gabby wants the manny to take care of. Gabby likes to get what she wants, so she is going to get what she wants.

"But does she want it for a long time? [That's] what we want to wait and see."

5. Caleb's secret revealed

Another Emmerdale enigma is Caleb, who was introduced as Cain and Chas' long-lost brother at Christmas.

Caleb has successfully wormed his way in at Home Farm by teaming up with Kim for her new stud farm. This sparked scorn from Cain, but Caleb was quick to confide in him about a hidden agenda to bring down Home Farm and take it all for himself.

Even after that revelation, though, there were tell-tale signs that Caleb still hadn't shared the full story with Cain ? including some mysterious phone calls to a secret contact.

Appearing on This Morning recently, Emmerdale's former scriptwriter Sharon Marshall promised that fans would be pleased when the truth comes out.

She said: "[Caleb] does have a secret. There's something there. Lots of people are guessing. It's a good one."

Meanwhile, Jane Hudson had previously teased: "What's Caleb's involvement with Cain? Does he really want to be Cain's brother or has he got other ulterior motives?

"I think that's a fascinating dynamic to watch ? and whenever we have the big house (Home Farm) and the villagers coming together in a story, it's just not going to end well at all."

6. Mack is finally caught out

Emmerdale's biggest ticking timebomb is the scandalous secret that Mackenzie is the father of Chloe's unborn baby.

Mack recently came close to confessing everything to his fianc?e Charity, and he may well live to regret not biting the bullet and facing the music sooner.

Emmerdale bosses have confirmed that this storyline will come to a head around the time of Mack and Charity's wedding, which has been booked for April 20.

Speaking to Digital Spy and other press in December, executive producer Jane Hudson teased: "We know that Mackenzie is the father of Chloe's baby and again, that's another secret in the village that's probably not going to be kept secret for long.

"We have got Charity and Mackenzie's wedding on the cards. I think we all know weddings don't always go very smoothly and Chloe's baby will be due around the time of the wedding, so you can put the pieces together yourselves and figure out what might happen somewhere around the wedding date and the birth date.

"It will be explosive for Charity and Mackenzie."

The show has promised a year-long fallout once the truth has been exposed.

In a YouTube video at the end of January, Hudson added: "We are a soap ? it's not a question of 'will Charity find out that Mack's the baby daddy?' It's 'when will she find out?'

"And she is going to find out and it's going to be explosive. There will be massive repercussions for all those characters, which will carry us right into 2024."

7. Paddy's journey

Paddy has taken centre stage in emotional scenes recently, as he planned to take his own life.

The vet's friends reached a breakthrough last week when they managed to get him to open up about his inner turmoil, which left them all hopeful for Paddy's future.

Emmerdale will continue to explore Paddy's storyline in the coming weeks and months, aware of the importance of covering the topic over a long period.

In a recent interview, Dominic Brunt ? who plays Paddy ? told us: "[Paddy has] opened the door to it now ? he's capable of having those thoughts. He's capable of attempting to take his own life and he's going to have to watch that now for the rest of his life.

"Thankfully, the story isn't dropped. There'll be hints, hopefully forever, that he's capable of that.

"But there's also quite a lot of light ? it's not a misery-fest. It's not this dark story that's awful to watch. It's really well-coloured-in with the pace. Even a couple of weeks later, there's little pinches of light where Paddy has found his humour again, but he has to watch himself.

"The story also normalises talking. If Paddy has another slump, he turns to someone and says: 'Are we alright to just go and have a cup of tea? I just want to talk about something that's bothering me'. I'm really glad that it's doing that."

Mark Charnock, who plays Paddy's best friend Marlon, added: "As I've said many times before, soaps have that unique position in drama where they can explore a story over a longer period. For me, it's the perfect format to take on a story like this.

"Marlon will go on supporting Paddy for quite a while. They've always supported each other and they've always been like brothers. Paddy's been there for Marlon with his problems over the past few years, so it's nice that Marlon can now take the reins for him. I think it's a terrific story and it's very moving."

8. Paddy and Mandy's long-term future

In a recent interview, Emmerdale star Lisa Riley hinted that it may be a long wait before we see her character Mandy reunite with Paddy.

The former couple slept together last month, but the focus of the story understandably changed when Paddy's mental health crisis became clear.

Despite this, Lisa has refused to rule out a reconciliation for the pair in the long-term.

Hinting at a bigger plan in play, Lisa told ITV1's Lorraine last month: "You know when you look in the window and there's a massive cheesecake? We're just going to give you a slither of cheesecake. You don't want the cheesecake all at once, do you? Maybe on Christmas Day you might need it but we're only in February!

"Me and Dom love working together and it comes across. You can tell that the camaraderie comes across on screen as the characters as well. The writers then see that and they write more of it, so who knows?"

9. A big summer storyline

While catching up with Digital Spy and other press at the end of last year, executive producer Jane Hudson shared her ambition to tell a huge summer storyline.

Hinting at a possible stunt, Hudson teased: "I'm storylining June at the minute so my head is there.

"I couldn't tell you anything anyway, but we are busy working on summer storylines at the moment as I always like to have a little bit of a summer spectacular. So if I say that I have to come up with something now!"

10. A mystery return

In the same interview, Hudson also dropped a hint that Emmerdale could bring back a face from the past this summer.

Asked about any returns, she replied: "Ooh! I can't tell you! I can't say! We're working on June storylines at the minute and I thought [about a return] and thought: 'Viewers would love that!'"

This mysterious character's return has not yet been confirmed, but is something the show was clearly considering at the time, so watch this space.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

johntrevor (14-03-2023), lizann (15-03-2023)

zero interest in charles and ethan

4. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

johntrevor (16-03-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    zero interest in charles and ethan
    Me too and Naomi

Emmerdale villain Thomas King to return to soap after a decade

Thomas King is set to return to 'Emmerdale' after 10 years.

The primetime ITV soap is preparing for one of its most explosive storylines yet which will see villain Thomas King - the son of killer Carl King -make a shocking comeback a decade after leaving the show.

As reported by The Sun newspaper, Thomas- who was last played by Mark Flanagan - will be heading back to Emmerdale to reunite with his uncle Jimmy.

Last time, Thomas was seen terrorising the locals following his dad?s death and causing havoc for Belle and Chas Dingle after he stalked Chas for her part in his father?s death.
    A source said: "Tom?s return is going to be explosive. He shocks his uncle Jimmy when he returns to the village and it?s not clear why he?s back.

"Fans will be glued to their screens watching Tom?s comeback unfold ? and his presence could cause chaos.
    Jane Hudson also teased a new love interest for Belle which could see her back in the arms of evil Tom after seducing Belle and convincing her to runaway with him before he fled.

Exclamation Emmerdale hints at plans for another dramatic stunt week

"It will be brilliant because it always is."

Emmerdale's executive producer has hinted that we're in for another unmissable week of episodes filled with dramatic stunts later this year.

The soap usually goes big in October, airing a big week of episodes featuring big stunts and characters in serious jeopardy.

Last October, Emmerdale aired a special series of episodes to celebrate its 50th anniversary. In the episodes, a deadly storm hit the village, leading to the deaths of Harriet and Liv.

Speaking to Digital Spy and other media at an Emmerdale press event on Tuesday (April 18), the soap's executive producer Jane Hudson teased that there's more big drama to come this year.

When asked about what's in store this autumn, Hudson said: "I was working on it late last night with my producer ? we started getting a bit giddy with ideas and started messaging each other.

"Then I woke up at 3am having had a dream that somebody was trying to break my neck, and I actually jumped up in bed!"

She added: "I keep a pad next to my bed and a pen, and I thought: 'I've got to write down some ideas.' Nobody's getting their neck broken, but I was just in that world of stories. So at 3am, I was scribbling."

As for whether we can expect stunts, Hudson said: "Super Soap Week traditionally has a stunt in it, but we are still at the very early stages. We're in my 'dream head' state at the moment.

"But it will be brilliant because it always is."

eanwhile, Hudson also recently confirmed that a popular character will make their return to the village later this year.

The mystery character will return as the soap celebrates another wedding over the summer.

"You all know we love a summer wedding," Hudson teased. "[We have Charity and Mack's wedding this week], but I can tell you there is another wedding ? at least one ? coming up before we get to the end of summer. I won't tell you who.

"And we'll be having a familiar face returning before the end of summer. I think the audience will be absolutely delighted when this familiar face makes a return to the show."

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emm...-week-october/

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emm...lly-christmas/

Emmerdale offers the first hints of a possible Christmas storyline in Monday's episode (July 10).

The latest visit to the Dales sees happy couple Dawn and Billy Fletcher take centre stage following the revelation that they're expecting a baby together.

Dawn heads to the hospital for a scan, with Billy joining her for the heartwarming moment.

The pair are taken aback when the sonographer confirms that Dawn is 16 weeks pregnant, which is much further along than she'd thought.

This timing follows the tradition of new arrivals in Soapland over the festive period, with the due date meaning that Dawn and Billy can expect to meet their baby in time for Christmas.

Dawn and Billy are emotional as they gaze at their baby on the screen for the first time.

Olivia Bromley, who plays Dawn, recently told Digital Spy and other press: "Dawn is just really happy over the pregnancy, because obviously this represents to her so much in terms of the growth from where she's come from.

"It's the fact Dawn has got this stable family unit now, with the person that she loves that she's going to have a baby with. It's such different circumstances to when she had her first child, which were really unhappy.

"Back then, she was in a really scary relationship where she obviously had drug problems and didn't have stability, so this is just like a completely different situation. I think she's really, really happy about it."

Asked how she felt about taking on the storyline, Olivia replied: "I was quite enthusiastic, to be honest. I think it's a really nice change of dynamic for Dawn and for the two of them.

"As an actor, it's going to be quite interesting because I haven't had a baby so that's going to be quite a challenge really, to do all the things that are involved.

"I think it will be a meaty storyline. I think there are a lot of twists and turns. I think it will be good for us as actors to play that dynamic."

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

lizann (11-07-2023)

no doubt jamie or alex will return to cause trouble for billy and dawn or meena might escape

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emm...s-2023-change/

Emmerdale has confirmed plans to air darker storylines in this year's Christmas episodes.

The festive season won't be a time of celebration for some of the villagers, with show bosses aiming to provide a different tone compared with recent years.

Emmerdale's producer Laura Shaw teased the plans while speaking to Digital Spy and other media at a press event for the show this week.

Shaw commented: "Heading up to Christmas, we've got some exciting plans but I have absolutely, definitely been sworn to secrecy on this one!

"What I can tell you is that, in the last couple of years, we've done a light, fluffier Christmas for Emmerdale, but this one is quite different in tone.

"A lot of it is edgier for us for Christmas. I can tell you that definitely not every one of our villagers will be sat down eating their turkey with all the trimmings on Christmas Day."

Shaw also spoke about early storyline plans for 2024, which will also feature some challenging times for the villagers.

She said: "Heading into the new year, we're going to be introducing more exciting new characters ? they'll all be revealed nearer the time.

"We'll be seeing a well-known face returning. We've got tragedy striking one family in the new year.

"We've got one or two of our villagers getting into very serious trouble, at least one of which may end up with them being sent to prison, but we'll see!"

Ash Palmisciano, who plays Matty Barton, previously told Digital Spy that a wider variety of characters will take centre stage at Christmas this year.

Speaking exclusively to us at the Inside Soap Awards, Ash teased: "We're just starting the December episodes, we're filming them today.

"I think what's really cool is it involves, this year, a lot of the cast at Christmas.

"I don't want to sound boring, I don't want to give it away and spoil it for everyone! But there's going to be a lot going on with some major characters.

"The favourites that our fans love are going to be very busy at Christmas."

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

lizann (07-10-2023)

zak dying, lydia pregnant, tracey caleb affair?

Emmerdale producer Laura Shaw has shared more details of which characters will be taking centre stage at Christmas.

Charity Dingle, Mackenzie Boyd and Chloe Harris have all been name-checked as their ongoing triangle continues.

Thread Information