Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The band 'Lyrik' - Bob, Eden, Remi & Kirby

DS article:

Home and Away confirms Lyrik future after violent scene
    Remi and Theo hold peace talks after a big row.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...-lyrik-future/

Home and Away spoilers follow from Australian pace episodes, which some UK viewers may prefer to avoid.

Home and Away has provided fresh hope for Lyrik's future after Theo Poulos unexpectedly vowed to stick with the band.

The once-solid group has descended into shambles in recent Australian pace episodes, with Kirby Aramoana quitting to pursue a solo career and Theo considering making the same move himself.

Kirby said her goodbyes to Lyrik after meetings with record label executive Forrest Duke, who works exclusively with solo artists.

Once Kirby jumped ship, the remaining Lyrik members learned that copyright restrictions would ban them from performing any songs that she'd been involved in writing.

This blocked off the vast majority of Lyrik's back catalogue, putting them at risk of becoming a covers group at their gigs for the foreseeable future.

Deciding to put Theo first after the shambolic few days, Justin set up a meeting between him and Forrest. Theo was stunned as Justin tried to convince Forrest to sign him too.

When Remi witnessed this secret meeting, he felt betrayed by Theo and later lost control by punching him in the face.

This horrified Remi's girlfriend Bree Cameron, who understandably has strong feelings about violence after her abusive relationship with her husband Jacob.

Bree told Remi: "I saw an ugly side to you today that I didn't know existed. That's not the man I want to be with."

However, just when it seemed that the chaos could spell the end of Lyrik and Remi's relationship too, Theo made an unexpected move to restore peace.

Theo told Justin that he wanted to remain in the band rather than becoming a solo artist. He then accepted a sincere apology from Remi, before vowing to stick with Lyrik come what may.

Bree was relieved to see the bandmates make amends, but does this mean the group can salvage their future or are there more twists still to come?

Home and Away fans in the UK will see these scenes on Channel 5 in October.

Home and Away airs weekdays at 1.45pm on Channel 5 and 6pm on 5STAR. First-look screenings air at 6.30pm on 5STAR and the show also streams on My5.

In Australia, the show airs Mondays to Thursdays at 7pm on Channel 7 and streams on 7plus.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (24-08-2023)

Who pays the band enough to afford food, rent, 4 wages , manager wages , pizzas , new clothes and alcohol ?

eden seems to have free reign in the police station, how does she make money as she doesn't work same as remi

DS article:

Home and Away's Remi Carter and Eden Fowler to face a new dilemma over Lyrik's future
    Can they get on the same page?

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...-lyrik-future/

Home and Away spoilers follow from Australian pace episodes, which some UK viewers may prefer to avoid.

Home and Away's Remi Carter and Eden Fowler face a disagreement on Australian screens next week as they continue to battle for Lyrik's future.

The best friends are currently trying to save the band after being abandoned by Kirby Aramoana, who quit to pursue a solo career.

Although Theo Poulos has indicated that he'd prefer to stay in the group, he has arranged to resume his mechanic training as he doesn't see any future for Lyrik amid the current crisis.

Lyrik's gigs were recently cancelled when Kirby's new manager enforced a copyright clause, blocking the band from performing any songs that she'd written or co-written. This turned out to be the vast majority of the group's back catalogue.

In next week's Australian episodes, Remi and Eden struggle for inspiration as they desperately try to work on new material for Lyrik.

Eden also confides in Remi about how much she's struggling with Kirby's decision to abandon Lyrik after so much time together.

Later, Eden starts writing a song which appears to be inspired by Kirby's acrimonious exit, with lyrics including: "And now you're gone, you're on your way, and what am I supposed to say?"

Remi thinks that the raw emotion behind the track could help to save the band, but Eden gets cold feet and refuses to finish it.

A frustrated Remi says: "We're trying to save the band here."

Eden firmly replies: "Then we find another way, or the band doesn't get saved."

What does the future hold for Lyrik ? and can Theo be brought back on board?

Home and Away fans in the UK will see these scenes on Channel 5 in October.

Home and Away airs weekdays at 1.45pm on Channel 5 and 6pm on 5STAR. First-look screenings air at 6.30pm on 5STAR and the show also streams on My5.

In Australia, the show airs Mondays to Thursdays at 7pm on Channel 7 and streams on 7plus.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (02-09-2023)

DS article:

Home and Away airs major development for Lyrik's future
    Some big decisions are made.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...e-development/

Home and Away spoilers follow from Tuesday's Australian episode (October 3), which some UK viewers may prefer to avoid.

Home and Away has lined up a new chapter of Lyrik's storyline after the group's recent crisis.

The four-piece band are one step closer to an official reunion after Kirby Aramoana decided to make a shock return.

Tuesday's episode on Channel 7 in Australia saw Kirby finally win over her former bandmate Remi Carter, who'd been sceptical over her decision to stage a comeback.

Last week, Kirby's solo career got off to a flying start as she performed at a well-received showcase event, which was organised by her new manager, Forrest Duke.

Sadly for Forrest's big plans, Kirby soon realised that performing without her Lyrik bandmates felt too strange, and she wanted to return to the group instead.

Kirby's sudden u-turn sparked plenty of fresh problems, as Forrest refused to let her walk away from the contract she'd signed to become a solo artist.

Fearing yet another change of heart from Kirby, Remi also accused her of throwing away an amazing opportunity and refused to be part of any Lyrik reboot.

However, in Tuesday's episode, Kirby proved her commitment to Lyrik by making a big announcement on social media about her return.

Kirby told her excited fans that she'd be returning to Lyrik, hoping that the public pressure would force Forrest to back down over her contract.

Remi was also reminded of what was important when he learned that Lyrik's manager, Justin Morgan, was fighting for his life in hospital after a scary kidnap ordeal.

Theo Poulos suggested: "The band should get back together ? for Justin."

Remi agreed to get back on guitar duties, telling the others: "Okay, give me that thing. Lyrik rises again!"

Can the group overcome their final hurdle and free Kirby from her contract?

Home and Away fans in the UK will see these scenes in January following the show's Christmas break.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (04-10-2023)

Nowtolove.com.au article:

Home and Away spoilers: Will Remi?s hot pursuit end in tragedy?
    Horror crash.

https://www.nowtolove.com.au/celebri...mi-crash-79351

An innocent camping trip turns into a fight for survival in the gripping season finale of Home And Away.

To try to leave behind her family drama, Eden (Stephanie Panozzo) and boyfriend Cash (Nicholas Cartwright) decide to enjoy a romantic holiday. But it's not the luxury trip Eden had in mind.

When the couple arrive at a remote camp site, Cash grins happily. It's the last place Eden wants to be, but she masks her disappointment.

"I'm happy anywhere I am with you," she says in a strained embrace.

Back in Summer Bay, Remi (Adam Rowland) is handling his own crisis when girlfriend Bree (Juliet Godwin) announces she wants to join Doctors Without Borders and Remi to come too.

"Having found the love of his life, it's difficult for Remi to consider being apart from Bree for so long," Adam tells TV WEEK. "But after everything they've been through already, he knows she needs to do this for herself, regardless of whether he can go or not."

Remi, torn between his life as a musician and the woman he loves, wants to discuss Bree's news about Doctors Without Borders with his friend Eden when she calls him. She wants to come home and asks Remi if he'd come to pick her up on his motorbike.

Unfortunately, Cash has overheard everything and isn't happy.

With nothing but the open road and time to think, Remi heads off to collect his friend. But en route, he's struck by a car hurtling towards him with two men tussling behind the wheel. Thrown from his bike, Remi lies motionless.

"After a collision like that, it would seem entirely likely no-one would survive," Adam says.

Who are the two men ? and is Remi unconscious or worse?

And:

Home and Away star hints at possible death in season finale
    Will they survive?

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...ossible-death/
    Last edited by Pantherboy; 27-11-2023 at 20:57.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (27-11-2023)

DS article (with video in the instagram link):

Home and Away star Angelina Thomson shares pride over emotional Kirby scene
    "I don't think I've ever felt more vulnerable."

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...y-scene-pride/

Home and Away spoilers for UK audiences follow.

Kirby Aramoana actress Angelina Thomson couldn't be more proud of herself for performing a spiritual Cook Island song on Home and Away.

In an upcoming UK episode, Kirby keeps a bedside vigil for the hospitalised Remi Carter while he fights for his life after a motorbike accident. Looking to give him strength, she sings in the native language.

Posting a clip of the mesmerising sequence on Instagram yesterday (January 16), Thomson's lengthy caption began: "This is one of the proudest and most vulnerable moments I've had on @homeandaway so far... Well, in my career so far.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C2JXJ...5-93894732b5c3

"Although I can understand more than I can speak, I didn't grow up speaking Cook Island Māori fluently. My mum taught me the hula, I listened to her speak the Reo and she often played Cook Island music at home and in the car but I never really made an effort to learn the language as a kid... Which I'm sure many biracial folks share this same feeling of regret I have now.

"Because of this, I was so nervous to shoot this scene," the soap star admitted. "It wasn't about the singing or the acting... I was nervous that my pronunciation was wrong and I'd mix up the words.

"I don't think I've ever felt more vulnerable performing than this day. It felt like I was shedding layers to reveal more of Angelina rather than wearing more of them to create a character. It felt important. To the storyline. To my culture. To me as a biracial woman now. To baby Angelina never seeing that on TV and in movies. To future Polynesian kids seeing themselves."

Thomson chose to publicly mention this because she's "certain there are so many other biracial/mixed folks who understand the feeling of displacement around language. Or even the nerves of not saying the things you do know correctly.

"It can be a lot. I understand!" she added. "I still have so much to learn about my beautiful Cook Island culture and I'm sure that will never end. But I'm excited for this journey! Being able to represent the Cook Islands and Polynesia like this... I am so very proud."

Home and Away airs weekdays at 1.45pm on Channel 5, with repeat screenings at 6pm on 5STAR and first look screenings at 6.30pm on 5STAR. Selected classic episodes are available via Prime Video in the UK.

is remi from cook island

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    is remi from cook island
    No. It is Angelina's (Kirby) heritage.

Nowtolove.com.au article:

Home and Away spoilers: Remi's recovery takes a dramatic turn
    ''We need HELP!''

https://www.nowtolove.com.au/celebri...covering-79984

After a hit-and-run almost claimed his life, Remi is finally on the mend.

But his stubborn reluctance to accept help could derail his recovery ? and send him straight back to hospital.

In Home And Away this week, Remi (Adam Rowland) ? who was injured and left to die when his motorbike and a car collided in the 2023 season finale ? has been discharged from hospital.

He's settling in at home with the help of his Lyrik bandmates Kirby (Angelina Thomson) and Eden (Stephanie Panozzo) while his girlfriend Dr Bree (Juliet Godwin) is visiting her ill father.

"Traumatic blunt-force trauma to the heart left Remi with serious internal haemorrhaging," Adam tells TV WEEK. "Only by sheer luck is Dr Levi Fowler [Tristan Gorey] in town, and he acts quickly to perform an emergency cardiac thoracotomy, an operation with a 20 per cent survival rate."

Despite his progress, Remi has been warned to take things slowly and constantly monitor his pain, which Bree has also insisted he do. But when she telephones him for an update, Remi, who doesn't want her to worry, lies that he's still in hospital.

"Remi has been through quite a lot in his time in Summer Bay ? he's learnt to ride the highs and lows of relationships and how to support close friends through any dilemma," Adam says of his character's protective nature.

When Kirby and Eden, baffled by his lie, question their friend, Remi flies off the handle, telling them to "back off" and mind their business. While neither feel good about lying to Bree, who'd specifically asked to be updated ? as both a partner and doctor ? they opt not to tell her the truth.

Throughout the day, however, Remi's pain escalates. Kirby and Eden urge him to call Bree, but he again refuses. Seeing him hot, sweating and writhing in pain on the bathroom floor, his friends know they only have minutes before he's in serious trouble.

With no choice, Eden makes a phone call that could save his life. Will Remi be OK?

And:

Home and Away's Remi Carter to face a major setback with his recovery
    Remi's refusal to accept help leads to a medical emergency.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...overy-setback/
    Last edited by Pantherboy; 05-02-2024 at 20:47.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (06-02-2024)

Thread Information