Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Sam Gets Killed - Rumour

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie
    Would what Zoe did class as self defence? She was defending someone else, would that be classed as the same thing in court? The whole murder, manslaughter, self defence questions in regards to Chrissie baffle me a bit. I've never truely understood the difference between them all. Is self defence similar to manslaughter, and then murder is the unlawful killing of someone? What do you think Chrissie would plead?

Katie
    Sorry,what I meant was Zoe was defending Chrissie. 'Self-defence' wasn't the right choice of wording. Den was physically hurting Chrissie so Zoë’s actions were out of protection and therfore is in a far better position than Chrissie. However having said that all three of them are in it up to their necks.

Sam for example with her comments 'me and Zoe will walk away' sounds rather dim. Like hell they will. After all it may not have been them who did the deed but they helped Chrissie dispose the body and continued to lie instead of doing the logical thing by going to the police. Sam acts like she likes Zoe and is protecting her but in fact she is being very selfish and two faced in not telling her - instead she is using the information she has to get the Vic back. Hardly noble eh? She also told a pub full of people that she was with Chrissie on the night of Den's so-called departure. Zoe and Sam are both accessories to murder. They don't have much of an argument.

The whole manslaughter, murder, self-defence does have it's similarities but it will be very difficult to prove which one it was. I can image them in the end just blaming each other. They only have each others word. Sam has peanuts on Chrissie. She saw what she did but can she prove it? I don't think she can. As for Chrissie, I don't think she will plead guilty. Chrissie strikes me as a survivor and I doubt that prison is her style. She has a conscience but right now it doesn't seem that she will let it get the better of her. She is stronger than than although she may well crack under pressure in court.
    Last edited by Alisha; 04-04-2005 at 14:56.

Leicestershire in the middle of the United Kingdom
    I totally agree and Chrissie has to live with the guilt of what's she done everyday that much is obvious and so will Zoe and Sam there were three people there three sets of fingerprints on the dog they are all implicated
    Last edited by Rach33; 04-04-2005 at 14:58.
    Thanks Jessie Wallace For My Fab Banner

That will be fab! I never liked Sam although I couldn't see Chrissie killing her on purpose. What will she do with the body this time? People are bound to notice that Sam's not around cos Phil and Peggy will be back by this time.
    Last edited by Princess; 04-04-2005 at 14:57.

Quote Originally Posted by Joel_Beckett_Lover
    Murder- is cold blooded and pre-meditated

Manslaughter- you killed them but did not plan it was a spur of the moment desision

Self-defence- you never intended to kill anyone you tried to defend yourself
    People who kill their abusive partner usually get off with seklf defense

it's all very confusing

Chrissie i think would plead self-defense or if that didn't work diminshed responsibilty where she was not in control of the situation she did not know what she was doing
    So diminished responsibility is another plea she could make? It's all so confusing. The fact that they've covered it up makes them all look guilty as sin. It could never be proved to be murder in court, I suppose they might find her guilty of manslaughter. I really can't decide if it was self defence, she didn't really need to defend herself from him, he was flat out on the floor. But then again, he had the strength to pull a fully grown woman to the ground, and then once she was on the floor he was still pulling at her leg. Mabey he could have really hurt her if she hadn't bashed him, but who knows?

It will be really interesting to see how they all get their commupance, because lets face it, I can't think of anyone who has got away with anything scot free in soapland! We all know Michelle and (supposedly) Kim are leaving, so will Chrissie be left to carry the can?

Katie

Quote Originally Posted by Joel_Beckett_Lover
    I totally agree and Chrissie has to live with the guilt of what's she done everyday that much is obvious
    I agree

Chrissie has a hard front but underneath it all she isn't as tough as she likes to think. We are all human after all. I feel that if anything, the fact that Den's children (that she has a genuine fondness of) have lost their father at the hands of her is what will eat away at her the most. That’s something that will stay with her and never forget.

If anyone can relate to her it's most likely going to be Dennis. Not only does he know how cruel and manipulative Den was but he also committed murder so he, of all people knows what it feels like to live with that guilt. If/when Sharon returns, I'm speculating she will have the biggest problem with Chrissie. Even though she and Den left on bad terms and despised the fact that he used her fertility against her it doesn't stop her from loving her dad. The horror of Chrissie killing him and then burying him without contacting her may well be too much for her. I can also imagine that Sharon herself will hold a lot of guilt considering her last words to him (just like she did all those years ago).
    Last edited by Alisha; 04-04-2005 at 15:14.

she didn't really need to defend herself from him, he was flat out on the floor. But then again, he had the strength to pull a fully grown woman to the ground, and then once she was on the floor he was still pulling at her leg. Mabey he could have really hurt her if she hadn't bashed him, but who knows?

Katie
    Although he grabbed her leg, It didn't appear to me that he could physcially harm her to the extend that she may be killed. Chrissie falling over was more to do with her walking past his body and then all of a sudden him grabbing her leg. When Zoe hit him, she hit him hard that he fell to the floor and out cold. Considering that massive blow to the head it didn't seem that he could hurt her a great deal I'm a bit unsure now

Quote Originally Posted by Alisha
    I feel that if anything, the fact that Den's children (that she has a genuine fondness of) have lost their father at the hands of her is what will eat away at her the most. That’s something that will stay with her and never forget.

If/when Sharon returns, I'm speculating she will have the biggest problem with Chrissie. Even though she and Den left on bad terms and despised the fact that he used her fertility against her it doesn't stop her from loving her dad.
    I'm not sure. Obviously she'd be devastated if she learnt of Den's death, but i'm not sure of her feeling guilty about their parting terms. What Den did was pretty unforgivable. Using her infertility against her, and splitting her up from Dennis by use of lies is not something she'd forget in a hurry. I don't think Chrissie would have a greater problem with Sharon any more so than the others. They are all going to want an explanation for his absence, and i'm sure 'he's left me' won't cover it. Can't wait for Dennis' return, Chrissie will have to lie convincingly!

Mabey Chrissie's commupance will be the guilt from taking their father away. EE might have her go gradually insane or something. Whatever they decide to do with this one will be interesting to say the least.

Katie

Although he grabbed her leg, It didn't appear to me that he could physcially harm her to the extend that she may be killed. Chrissie falling over was more to do with her walking past his body and then all of a sudden him grabbing her leg. When Zoe hit him, she hit him hard that he fell to the floor and out cold. Considering that massive blow to the head it didn't seem that he could hurt her a great deal I'm a bit unsure now
    Considering the massive blow to the head, any real life person would have stayed unconcious for a lot longer than he did, but of course, it isn't realistic. If he had the strength in him to talk, lift his head up and pull at Chrissie's leg then he would probably also have the strength to sit up, even with a bit of a headache . Like I said though, it's impossible to predict what he could have managed to do, we can only speculate.

Katie

. Sam has peanuts on Chrissie. She saw what she did but can she prove it? I don't think she can.
    You're right!!! Sam has peanuts on Chrissie.. If they all get caught now before anyone talks, Zoe believes she killed Den, Chrissie will say Zoe killed Den and Sam will be the only one saying it was Chrissie... Zoe and Sam will both go down for his killing too....

I'm not sure. Obviously she'd be devastated if she learnt of Den's death, but i'm not sure of her feeling guilty about their parting terms. What Den did was pretty unforgivable. Using her infertility against her, and splitting her up from Dennis by use of lies is not something she'd forget in a hurry. I don't think Chrissie would have a greater problem with Sharon any more so than the others. They are all going to want an explanation for his absence, and i'm sure 'he's left me' won't cover it. Can't wait for Dennis' return, Chrissie will have to lie convincingly!

Mabey Chrissie's commupance will be the guilt from taking their father away. EE might have her go gradually insane or something. Whatever they decide to do with this one will be interesting to say the least.

Katie

I don’t think that Sharon will ever forgive Den for what he did -alive or dead but it's the way they parted. In her Sharon's eyes, her dad died with Sharon hating him. When he returned in 2003, she expressed that she wished she could rewind time and tell him that she didn't mean what she said if she could just have him back. What Den did was low and despicable but I do feel it's in Sharon's nature to feel guilty over it. Despite his enormous faults he loved her (very obsessively) and visa versa. I don't think she will forever blame herself though.

As for Chrissie I can imagine all three of Den's children holding some sort of resentment for what she did but more so Sharon because she and Den had a very unique bond. When Sharon briefly returned in February she wasn't too pleased to be dragged back for nothing but to learn this may feel like the ultimate betrayal.

I like your thinking on the last point though. Guilt is something that she might have to endure. With Dennis around, it'll be a constant reminder (let alone living in the same place he's buried). Tracey Ann is a great actress. I have no doubt that she will do us proud in this one. I can't wait for Dennis to return either. I am missing him (and Sharon)
    Last edited by Alisha; 04-04-2005 at 15:46.

Thread Information