Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Sam Gets Killed - Rumour

I don't see that as intent. More as an instinctive reaction. At that point she already thought he was dead so when somone suddenly grabs you it's instinctive to hit out.
    Last edited by andromeda; 04-04-2005 at 10:34.

Yeah, but thinking about it, i would have done the same. Like you said, it's instinct.
    Kurt Cobain, gone but not forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by andromeda
    I don't see that as intent. More as an instinctive reaction. At that point she already thought he was dead so when somone suddenly grabs you it's instinctive to hit out.

I see what you're saying but I do believe that at that point Chrissie wanted him dead. I don’t think that her intentions were to kill Den. She wanted to destroy him mentally and for him to endure all the pain that he has put her through. However when he grabbed her leg, he was already flat out with a big blow to his head. He was in no position to kill her. I can't help but think that the line 'you'll never get me out the Vic' was her way of ensuring that she could. It was murder point blank but I do agree that her actions were instinctive as well but I do believe the wanted him dead at the time.

As for Sam, I'm not entirely sure. There is no love lost between them but I just can’t see Chrissie setting out to kill her. I guess we'll just have to see how this one plays out.

Quote Originally Posted by Alisha
    It was murder point blank but I do agree that her actions were instinctive as well but I do believe the wanted him dead at the time.

As for Sam, I'm not entirely sure. There is no love lost between them but I just can’t see Chrissie setting out to kill her. I guess we'll just have to see how this one plays out.
    I still can't decide if it was murder or not. The look of shock on her face after she'd bashed him on the head was enough to tell me that she never wanted him dead. She looked really horrified, and i agree that she acted on pure instinct.

But, Chrissie killing Sam, I can't really see that happening. I don't think she'd intentionally kill anyone, it's not really her style. She's more happy to play mind games I think than to physically hurt someomne (although admittedly we have seen evidence of this!). I guess we'll have to wait and see...

Katie

that would be a cool exit for her. do you think she will put her next to den

IVE BEEN TO SEE GUYS AND DOLLS
    R.I.P Dennis Rickman i will really miss you

i reallly dont think that she would be capable of killing again. i dont think she really meant to last time so why would she now??

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie
    I still can't decide if it was murder or not. The look of shock on her face after she'd bashed him on the head was enough to tell me that she never wanted him dead. She looked really horrified, and i agree that she acted on pure instinct.
    Overall, I don't think that Chrissie wanted him dead but in that split second I do feel that she did. I think the look on her face after it was shock horror -the disbelief of what she had done and the repercussions for her actions. Chrissie didn't set out to physically hurt Den. I'm convinced of that much but I don’t think of her actions as self-defence either. Zoe acted on self-defence to protect Chrissie. Chrissie on the other hand was in a position that she could get away. What she did was based on instinct. However I feel that this was her way of getting Den out of her life for good. The prosecution will have a field day over this one. Murder, manslaughter or self-defence? you decide!

Quote Originally Posted by Alisha
    Zoe acted on self-defence to protect Chrissie. Chrissie on the other hand was in a position that she could get away. What she did was based on instinct. However I feel that this was her way of getting Den out of her life for good. The prosecution will have a field day over this one. Murder, manslaughter or self-defence? you decide!
    Would what Zoe did class as self defence? She was defending someone else, would that be classed as the same thing in court? The whole murder, manslaughter, self defence questions in regards to Chrissie baffle me a bit. I've never truely understood the difference between them all. Is self defence similar to manslaughter, and then murder is the unlawful killing of someone? What do you think Chrissie would plead?

Katie

Leicestershire in the middle of the United Kingdom
    None of them intended to murder Den they wanted to ruin him but not kill him Zoe was self-defence and so was Chrissie but it doesn't look good for any of them as they all covered up a crime not that the police would believe them mind if they had told the truth he got struck down twice while in a pub with three women who hated him after hours

Murder- is cold blooded and pre-meditated

Manslaughter- you killed them but did not plan it was a spur of the moment desision

Self-defence- you never intended to kill anyone you tried to defend yourself
    People who kill their abusive partner usually get off with seklf defense

it's all very confusing

Chrissie i think would plead self-defense or if that didn't work diminshed responsibilty where she was not in control of the situation she did not know what she was doing
    Thanks Jessie Wallace For My Fab Banner

That's the key part about murder... pre-meditation. It's pretty clear Chrissie did not plan Den's death so therefore it can't truely be murder.

Thread Information