Thread: Hazel (Kate Anthony)

Exclamation Hazel (Kate Anthony)

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emm...y-millie-exit/

Emmerdale bosses have cast former Coronation Street star Kate Anthony to play Andrea Tate's mother Hazel.

The actress, who played the role of Weatherfield's Pam Hobsworth between 2008 and 2012, appears in the Dales next week as a memorial service is held to honour Andrea.

Andrea's grieving partner Charles Anderson (Kevin Mathurin) arranges the memorial and gets Kim Tate on board by pointing out that it could help with Millie's grief.

Kim (Claire King) also gets carried away with the idea that her son Jamie could make a shock return for the memorial, despite the fact that he's presumed dead.
    When Kim sees a latecomer pull up in a car, she's thrilled to think that it could be Jamie.

Kim's joy turns to horror when the person in question turns out to be Hazel, who has a big bombshell to drop.

Later on, Millie decides that she'd prefer to live with her grandmother Hazel rather than Kim.

Kim is heartbroken as she packs up the last of Millie's belongings and agrees to let her go.

As Kim gets upset over Millie leaving, she finally starts to accept that Jamie must be gone too.

With her immediate family all gone, what does the future hold for Kim now?

Anna Nightingale, who played Andrea, recently discussed her decision to bow out from Emmerdale after more than two years in the role.

Anna said: "I've had such a great time playing Andrea, but after playing her for two and half years, I thought now was the time to try something new.

"I spoke to the producers and the storyline they created for my exit was beyond what I expected."

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (01-11-2021)

Thread Information