Thread: Amanda Holden Joins

Amanda Holden Joins

Amanda Holden as joined the cast of Neighbours for an upcoming storyline, it has been revealed.

The Britain's Got Talent judge will portray Harlow Robinson's aunt Harriet on the popular serial, and will film scenes alongside actress Jemma Donovan in London.

Harriet will meet up with Harlow for the first time in years, and together they will set about solving a family mystery centring on Harlow's mother and Harriet's late sister Prue, who was played by Denise van Outen.

Metro

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

MellBee (08-10-2021), Ruffed_lemur (08-10-2021)

DS article:

Neighbours casts Britain's Got Talent judge Amanda Holden for special London storyline
    She'll be playing Harlow Robinson's aunt.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...london-harlow/

Neighbours has announced a guest role for Amanda Holden as part of a new storyline in 2022 that will see Harlow Robinson visiting London.

Amanda will play Harriet, Harlow's aunt and the sister of the late Prue Wallace (who was played by Denise van Outen).

Executive producer Jason Herbison described the London scenes as "the launch of a huge new storyline for 2022", as Harlow and Harriet reunite to solve a family mystery relating to Prue.

"Like most people in the UK who were around in the late '80s, early '90s, I grew up watching Neighbours every single day of the week," she said in a statement.

"I was glued to our TV for the wedding of Kylie [Minogue] and Jason [Donovan], while cursing Mrs Mangel and praying that Mike and Jane would eventually get together! Not to mention all the other greats over the years.

"To now have the opportunity to be a part of such an iconic Australian show is simply fabulous. I can't wait to work with Jemma in London. This feels like a joyous occasion for everyone."

Jemma Donovan, who plays Harlow, said: "I feel incredibly fortunate to be able to film Neighbours in London. It's a brilliant opportunity to be able to film in my home city and do what I love for a show that I hold close to my heart.

"The producers have been wanting to do this for a while so it feels so surreal having it all come to life, not to mention working alongside Amanda. I'm beyond excited to create this relationship with our characters, dive into the storyline, and shoot all over London.

"It's going to be so much fun, and I hope the viewers enjoy it just as much as we do!"

Neighbours airs weekdays at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5 (UK) and Mondays to Thursdays at 6.30pm on 10 Peach (Australia).

And:

Strewth! Amanda Holden lands guest role in ?Neighbours?

https://www.whattowatch.com/news/str...-in-neighbours

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

MellBee (08-10-2021), Ruffed_lemur (08-10-2021)

Just when I thought Neighbours can't get any worse at the moment, along comes Amanda.....

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to courseiam For This Useful Post:

MellBee (09-10-2021), pudpullertm (16-10-2021)

Digital Spy article:

Neighbours reveals first look at London storyline as Britain's Got Talent judge Amanda Holden guest stars
    Filming with Jemma Donovan takes place in Waterloo.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...on-first-look/

Neighbours has revealed a first look at the upcoming London episodes, which will see Amanda Holden appearing in a guest role.

The Ramsay Street soap is currently filming abroad with Jemma Donovan, who plays Harlow Robinson, as part of a storyline airing in 2022.

Amanda is playing Harriet, Harlow's aunt, and Fremantle and Channel 5 have released two pictures showing her and Jemma on set in the Waterloo area.

One picture sees Amanda's character shocked to see her niece Harlow in London.

"My first day on set was such a fun and surreal experience," Amanda said. "If I'd told my 12-, 13-year-old self I would one-day appear in Neighbours, I'd have never believed it! So many people were beeping in their cars and passers-by assumed that Jemma was my real daughter because we look quite similar!

"I can't wait to continue the journey of my character Harriet."

The storyline, which is set to air in the spring, sees Harlow reuniting with Harriet as they solve a family mystery relating to Harlow's mother (and Harriet's sister) Prue, who was played by Denise van Outen.

Executive producer Jason Herbison previously said: "Neighbours has a rich tradition of filming in the UK, and we're thrilled to have Amanda joining for our next adventure.

"We've created a great character for her and can't wait to see the dynamic between her and Jemma Donovan.

"The shoot has been in the works for some time and will serve as the launch of a huge new storyline for 2022."

Harlow's current storylines have seen her becoming ambitious and trying to get ahead at Lassiters. UK viewers will also see her reacting to the potential separation between Paul Robinson and Terese Willis.

Neighbours airs weekdays at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5 (UK) and Mondays to Thursdays at 6.30pm on 10 Peach (Australia).

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (11-10-2021)

Thread Information