Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Martin Platt

i think he just feels sorry for her not loves her

but they were together for a long time, and had a baby together. I can understand him being angry with her for aborting it, but he would just fall out of love with her. Even if he denyed it, he would still have some feelings for her, no matter what they were

it seem to me like he did love her last nights espisode he said if this is any of my fault for falling in love with you then sorry something like that anyway i cant remeber

I dnt think he could switch his feeling off for just like that

i think that he loves her still you could tell last night and i do think that if all that happened hadnt happened then they would get back together!!

letter

Does anyone know the letter she writes before she commites sucided is it for martin?

I wouldn't be surprised if at some stage Martin and Gail get back together, it does seem to be something that Corries does quite alot, break up an long established couple, only to have them eventually get back together, for example, Ken & Deidre, Kevin & Sally, Jim & Liz....

I'm not sure if the letter is written specifically to Martin or not but I do know it contains a full confession. Does anyone know how Angela will be finally written out? Does she still go to prison for helping cover up the murder or is Katy's confession discredited, or does she just leave?

Apparently martin goes to see angela in jail and tell her he knows the truth but she denies it and tell him that katy is innocent but he doesnt believe but then she tell him the truth

Then he has the real dillemia of taking the letter to the police because if he does and katy wakes up she will be facing an murder charge but he realises he has to do the right thing

He tell craig the truth as well he doesnt take it that well he is destroyed and so is martin when katy dies (Source soaplife)

But i think angela goes down anyway for being an accessory to the murder

martin leaving

Sean Wilson, the actor who plays Martin Platt on Coronation Street, is leaving the soap after 20 years.
    The producer and writers of the hit ITV soap have decided to write out his character.

Wilson, 40, will leave Coronation Street towards the end of the year.

Coronation Street said it was likely to leave the door open for a possible return.

Final details of his departure storyline are still being discussed.

Last year, viewers saw Martin begin an affair with schoolgirl Katy Harris (Lucy Jo Hudson).

He was almost killed by her brother and devastated when Katy aborted his child.

Martin, who has been seen on the soap since 1985, was originally the prime suspect when Katy murdered her father.

The decision to write Martin's character out was taken at a long-term story conference this week. Producer Tony Wood said: "There are times as the producer of a show such as Coronation Street that you have to make difficult decisions about the future of a character.

"Sean has been a valued member of cast for 20 years - during my time as producer he has been terrific and his performance during the recent Killer Katy storyline has been superb.

"However , after a run of dramatic storylines for Martin, we felt that there was nowhere left for the character to go at the moment.

"We are currently working on storyline ideas for his departure."

Oh well I don't think he's a particulaly good character anyway.

Thread Information