Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Felicity 'Flick' Newman (Jacqui Purvis)

DS article:

Home and Away summer trailer has first look at Felicity blackmail storyline
    She faces more demands from her tormentor.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...ity-blackmail/

This story discusses topics including rape and sexual assault.

Home and Away spoilers follow.

Felicity Newman faces terrifying new blackmail threats in Home and Away's newest summer trailer.

The powerful clip, soundtracked by The Voice Australia winner Lachie Gill, previews scenes airing at Australian pace where Felicity was sexually assaulted after having her drink spiked at the Battle of the Bands event Lyrik were a part of.

The man who assaulted Felicity put her through even more trauma when he threatened to release the footage of the assault unless she paid him off.

Watch the clip below:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cunwk...2-1e65b78bb06a

Terrified Felicity has already handed over cash to stop the video from being leaked, only for the evil abuser to return in the newest footage with even more demands.

"The thought of people seeing that video, he's forcing me to relive it every time he wants more money," she explains.

Felicity becomes so desperate to keep her attacker at bay that she even considers stealing money from the till at Salt in order to pay him off for good.

She turns to her husband Tane Parata for support, explaining that she feels like she's "drowning" with pressure and pain as she's forced to come up with $10,000 on a deadline.

"It's out of control," she admits as she hugs Cash.

While Felicity's brother Cash knows about the assault, she's determined to keep him from finding out that she's now also being blackmailed.

Cash starts to suspect something is wrong, telling Tane: "I know when my sister is hiding something."

The trailer ends with Felicity deciding to pay up, but the threat of her volatile attacker still hangs over her head. Will she go through with the payments?

Home and Away airs weekdays at 1.45pm on Channel 5 and 6pm on 5STAR. First-look screenings air at 6.30pm on 5STAR and the show also streams on My5.

In Australia, the show airs Mondays to Thursdays at 7pm on Channel 7 and streams on 7plus.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (14-07-2023)

DS article:

Home and Away's Felicity Newman plans to catch her attacker in tense scenes
    Flick comes up with a risky idea.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...plan-attacker/

Note: The following article contains discussion of sexual misconduct.

Home and Away spoilers follow for UK and Australian viewers.

Home and Away's Felicity Newman will come up with a dangerous plan in upcoming scenes, as she becomes more determined than ever to catch the person who attacked her.

Felicity faced an upsetting ordeal recently, after she had her drink spiked at the Battle of the Bands event and was then sexually assaulted by an unknown individual when she passed out.

Australian fans have also seen Felicity borrow $10,000 from her brother Cash after receiving a horrific ransom demand from the attacker, in which they claimed that if she didn't provide the cash, they would release a video of her assault.

In scenes that will air this week in Australia, and in a few weeks' time in the UK, Felicity will decide that enough is enough, and she comes up with a risky idea to catch her assailant, wanting to take matters into her own hands.

Speaking to TV Week, Felicity actress Jacqui Purvis explained: "Flick doesn't want to relive her trauma, so she thinks going to the police will prolong her horrible experience. She's full of shame - and scared that the police won't take her seriously."

Unfortunately for Felicity, just as she has the money from Cash to pay off the attacker, the villain doubles their demand for cash, revealing that they now want $20,000 - and if they don't get it, they'll release the video of her assault online.

Meanwhile, Felicity's husband Tane Parata has no idea that Flick is still in contact with the attacker. After the couple agreed to ignore the ransom demands, he believes that they have called the person's bluff over the video.

However, what Tane doesn't know is that his wife has already replied to her blackmailer with a time and a place for them to meet. But she's come up with a plan - she's going to catch them out by leaving a bag stuffed full of fake cash for them to find.

The next morning, Tane wakes to find a note from his wife saying that she won't "be a victim anymore" and asking him not to hate her, leaving Tane worried sick - especially when he frantically calls her and can't get through.

"Flick concludes that only she can make this blackmailing stop; only she can catch him," Jacqui said. "She forms a plan, saying she'll leave the money in a secure place. But what he doesn't know is she'll be waiting for him to pick up the fake money, and ready to take photos. Hopefully, that will be enough to catch him."

Heading to a deserted car park, Felicity places the bag of fake notes into a wheelie bin and retreats to her car to wait. Sinking into her seat, she waits desperately for the mystery attacker to arrive.

Will they show up - and what will Felicity do if she comes face-to-face with them once again?

Home and Away airs weekdays at 1.45pm on Channel 5 and 6pm on 5STAR. First-look screenings air at 6.30pm on 5STAR and the show also streams on My5.

In Australia, the show airs Mondays to Thursdays at 7pm on Channel 7 and streams on 7plus.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (25-07-2023)

Nowtolove.com.au article:

Home And Away spoilers: Felicity comes face-to-face with her attacker
    'That's him!'

https://www.nowtolove.com.au/celebri...attacker-77972

TRIGGER WARNING: This article mentions illicit drug use and sexual assault.

The moment she thought would give her closure has finally arrived. But will catching the man who drugged and sexually assaulted her really bring an end to Felicity's pain?

In Home And Away this week, Felicity (Jacqui Purvis) waits anxiously to see if her high-risk rendezvous has worked. Sitting in her car, she holds up her phone, hoping to take photos of the man who's been threatening her. When he eventually arrives and retrieves the backpack of ransom money, Flick snaps photos as evidence.

Meanwhile, her partner Tane (Ethan Browne) and brother Cash (Nicholas Cartwright) race to find her after discovering her plan. Flick had lied and told them she wouldn't give in to her blackmailer's demands. In fact, she'd secretly arranged to meet her tormentor.

"Her trauma is impacting her relationships hugely," Jacqui tells TV WEEK. "She's creating a lot of distance with the people she loves."

At the police station, Rose (Kirsty Marillier) arrives with the suspect. But as Flick leaves Cash's office, she unexpectedly comes face-to-face with the alleged perpetrator. The confronting moment is all too much.

"It's overwhelming," Jacqui says. "It's devastating ? a very emotional moment for her."

The burden of trying to catch his sister's attacker has taken a toll on Cash too. At home, his girlfriend Eden (Stephanie Panozzo) lends an ear as he reveals his own pain.

Can siblings Flick and Cash move past this?

With no end to her trauma in sight, Felicity made a bold move to find her attacker. But will her search bring closure or crisis?

Felicity (Jacqui Purvis) tried everything she can to move on after she was sexually assaulted during a night out with her friend Eden (Stephanie Panozzo).

While celebrating Lyrik's performance at the Battle Of The Bands competition, a mystery assailant spiked Flick's drink. She later realised she'd been attacked.

At first, Flick hid what happened from her brother (Nicholas Cartwright), but when she finally told him, he promised to be there for her.

"It's a weight lifted off her shoulders," Jacqui tells TV WEEK. "Cash, of course, doesn't blame her, and wants to help her in any way possible. They both agree she needs to tell police so they can try to catch this criminal."

Despite the support of her friends, counselling sessions and a police investigation, Flick still wants answers. She goes to the police station and demands to see the CCTV footage from the night. Cash warns against it, but at her insistence, lets her into his office.

As Flick trawls through the footage, Cash calls her partner Tane (Ethan Browne). But his arrival causes further problems as Flick lashes out.

"Let me do this!" she cries. Cash and Tane leave, unsure of how to help her.

Hours tick by and Flick is no closer to finding the offender. She's haunted by a moment she can't remember?

The next day, Eden implores Cash to take a break ? he too is consumed by the search to find the attacker. While he's on the phone to Eden, the DNA results from Flick's tests come back. Could this be the breakthrough they need?

If you or someone you know has been affected by any of the issues raised in this article, help is always available. Call 1800 RESPECT on 1800 737 732 or Lifeline on 13 11 14.

DS article:

Home and Away reveals next stage of Felicity Newman's upsetting storyline
    Felicity receives a surprising phone call.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...y-newman-call/

The following article contains discussion of sexual assault.

Home and Away spoilers follow from Australian pace episodes, which some UK viewers may prefer to avoid.

Home and Away's Felicity Newman looks set to face her attacker in a restorative justice storyline.

Felicity received an unexpected phone call in Thursday night's triple bill in Australia (August 17), which revealed that Jeremy had asked for a meeting.

The timing was difficult for Felicity, as the call came just as her husband Tane needed to support his family in New Zealand.

Tane was alarmed to hear that Gemma Parata ? the widow of his late brother Mikaere ? had been in a car accident over in New Zealand.

Gemma was going to be in hospital for a while, so her son Nikau had already made plans to fly over from New York to support her.

Tane was reluctant to make his own trip to New Zealand as he didn't want to leave Felicity so soon after her sexual assault.

Felicity encouraged Tane to go and when she later received the call about Jeremy, she chose not to tell him about it as she knew that he'd want to stay.

Once Tane had left for the airport, Felicity paid a visit to her best friend Eden Fowler to tell her what was going on.

When Eden asked if Felicity was okay, she replied: "I'm not. I got a call yesterday. My attacker wants to meet with me."

Jacqui Purvis, who plays Felicity, first mentioned this storyline development in an exclusive interview with Digital Spy last month.

Jacqui told us: "We end up exploring restorative justice. That's where the story is heading, where Felicity actually talks to the perpetrator."

Restorative justice is a programme whereby those harmed by crimes meet those who were responsible, giving them an opportunity to discuss the impact and hold offenders to account.

Home and Away fans in the UK will see these scenes on Channel 5 in October.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (18-08-2023)

DS article:

Home and Away's Felicity Newman makes decision after shocking call
    She updates Eden and Cash.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...decision-call/

Home and Away spoilers follow from Australian-pace episodes, which some UK viewers may prefer to avoid.

Home and Away's Felicity Newman agreed to consider meeting her attacker in Monday's Australian episode (August 21).

The long-running soap is exploring the issue of restorative justice as part of Felicity's ongoing storyline.

Last week, Felicity received a phone call and was told that Jeremy ? the man who sexually assaulted her and then made blackmail threats ? had asked to meet her following his recent arrest. She then confided in her best friend Eden Fowler about the unexpected request.

In Monday's visit to Summer Bay, Eden advised Felicity against seeing Jeremy as she feared that the experience would be too triggering for her.

When Felicity turned to her brother Cash for further support, the police constable pointed out that the restorative justice programme can have some benefits.

Cash arranged for Felicity to meet Summer Bay newcomer Harper Matheson, who had more specific knowledge to share from her background as a social worker.

Felicity was interested in the possibility of securing closure through speaking to Jeremy, but still had questions about how it would work.

n the end, Felicity announced to Cash and Eden that she had agreed to meet the programme's facilitator to discuss things further.

She said: "I want to look into the restorative justice a little bit more, so I spoke to the facilitator and there are some meetings that I need to attend to start the process, so I'm going to go to the city to do that. It doesn't lock me into anything."

Eden offered: "I can take you, if you think it will help. I promise I will keep my opinions to myself."

Restorative justice is a programme whereby those harmed by crimes meet those who were responsible, giving them an opportunity to discuss the impact and hold offenders to account.

Jacqui Purvis, who plays Felicity, had previously spoken about this storyline development in an exclusive chat with Digital Spy.

She told us last month: "We end up exploring restorative justice. That's where the story is heading, where Felicity actually talks to the perpetrator."

Home and Away fans in the UK will see these scenes on Channel 5 in October.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (22-08-2023)

Felicity promo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnAID2encMI

DS article:

Home and Away reveals first look as Felicity Newman faces her attacker
    "He didn't win. He didn't break me."

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...aces-attacker/

Home and Away spoilers follow from Australian-pace episodes, which some UK viewers may prefer to avoid.

Home and Away has shared the first-look clips of Felicity Newman meeting her attacker, as the soap explores the topic of restorative justice as part of an ongoing storyline.

Recently, Felicity received a phone call and learned that Jeremy ? the man who sexually assaulted her and then tried to blackmail her ? had asked to meet her after he had been arrested. After pondering whether she should or not, Felicity decided to face her attacker.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CwQx5...7-98dc340faa7e

In this trailer, Felicity says that she can't remember what happened and hopes that meeting him will help her piece together the events of the night, while also showing him that he hasn't broken her spirit or ruined her life.

But we also see her tearfully admit that she hates Jeremy, while another brief clip sees her get emotional and call him pathetic, as he looks smug and unrepentant. Will she be able to get the closure that she deserves, or will he be able to get into her head and manipulate the situation?

hese scenes will air on Australian TV imminently, and should air in the UK around October time.

Actress Jacqui Purvis recently spoke about the reaction to the storyline to Digital Spy, stating: "I've had people coming up to me and telling their stories. That's really overwhelming but also really beautiful, because if somebody had gone through something as horrible as this, I hoped that I had done it justice and portrayed it truthfully."

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (24-08-2023)

Nowtolove.com.au article:

Home and Away spoilers: Felicity has exciting family news for Tane
    ?I?m ready.'

https://www.nowtolove.com.au/celebri...s-family-78835

For the longest time, Felicity has said she doesn't want kids. But this week, her change of heart could save her relationship.

In recent episodes of Home and Away, Tane (Ethan Browne) confronted his wife about not wanting children. His recent trip to visit family in New Zealand reminded him of what he's been missing ? and now he just can't let it go.

While Flick (Jacqui Purvis), who has been open about her fears, promised Tane she would think about it, the truth is she may never be ready.

"Their conversation doesn't really go as well as expected," Ethan tells TV WEEK.

"Tane is all for it, and Felicity is hesitant [to have kids]."

During a night on the town with friend Harper (Jessica Redmayne) and her brother Cash (Nicholas Cartwright), Flick gets an insight into how much Tane is hurting.

He desperately wants children and Flick's hesitation is stopping him from true happiness. When Cash checks in, Tane divulges his private pain. Can he truly be happy without a family?

The next morning, Tane nurses a heavy hangover, while Flick deliberates what to do. In a last-ditch effort to save her marriage, she turns to her husband and tells him what he's been desperate to hear: "I'm ready to start trying for a baby." Tane can't believe it.

"Felicity giving [Tane] the green light to start a family is everything he could have asked for," Ethan says. "He's just over the moon."

But a buoyed Tane doesn't notice the hesitation written all over his wife's face. Has she made the right decision or caused an even bigger problem for herself?

And:

Home and Away's Felicity Newman to share family decision with Tane Parata
    Is she being honest?

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...y-tane-parata/
    Last edited by Pantherboy; 25-09-2023 at 22:42.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (25-09-2023)

New Felicity & Tane promo 'A beginning of a lie':

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mprUOncALo4

And the DS article:

Home and Away's Felicity Newman deceives Tane Parata in new scenes
    The couple have been struggling in their marriage.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...ane-deception/

Home and Away spoilers follow from Australian pace episodes, which some UK viewers may prefer to avoid.

Home and Away's Felicity Newman is set to deceive Tane Parata in upcoming scenes.

Tane has been obsessed with wanting to start a family with Felicity lately, while she has been hesitant ? particularly as she's previously been adamant that she doesn't want to have children.

After realising how much he's hurting, Felicity told Tane she's changed her mind and wants to try and start a family, but it was apparent she isn't as keen to do this as she made out.

In scenes set to air this week (via Australia's TV Week magazine), we'll see that Felicity is still taking her contraception pills, and Tane doesn't know.

Considering their marriage is on the rocks already, what will happen if Tane finds out?

Speaking previously about his character's feelings, Ethan Browne, who plays Tane, said: "Felicity giving [him] the green light to start a family is everything he could have asked for. He's just over the moon."

It's been a tough few weeks and months for the couple, as Felicity has been struggling in the wake of being attacked by Jeremy, while the Parata family have more recently had to deal with matriarch Gemma suffering an accident in New Zealand.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (03-10-2023)

DS article:

Home and Away's Felicity Newman confronted over lying to Tane Parata
    Mackenzie is unimpressed.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...an-confronted/

Home and Away spoilers follow from Tuesday's Australian episode (October 10), which some UK viewers may prefer to avoid.

Home and Away's Felicity Newman faced a difficult situation on Australian screens on Tuesday, as Mackenzie Booth realised that she was lying to her husband Tane Parata.

Felicity has told Tane that she's ready to try for a baby with him, but she has been continuing to take her contraceptive pills without his knowledge.

The Summer Bay couple appear to be on different paths, with Tane desperate for a family and Felicity unsure whether it's what she wants at this stage in her life.

In Tuesday's episode on Channel 7, Mackenzie returned to work at Salt after a break to visit her brother Dean Thompson in Far North Queensland.

Related: Home and Away to air devastating new Justin and Leah scenes

As Mac caught up with everything that had happened in her absence, Tane decided to let her know about his and Felicity's decision to start a family together.

Tane was clearly overjoyed over the news, but Mac noticed that Felicity appeared to be more hesitant.

All became clear to Mac when she went into the store room at Salt and found Felicity's hidden stash of pills.

Although Mac respected Felicity's right to take control of her own future, she couldn't understand why she wasn't being honest with Tane.

Under pressure to explain, Felicity protested that she was merely delaying things until she felt ready to get pregnant.

Felicity said: "We will start trying. The pill's just there to buy me some more time. Just until I get my head around being a mum."

When Mac pointed out that may never happen, Felicity replied: "I'm going to get there. I have to ? starting a family is just too important to him."

Mac refused to back down and urged Felicity to stop lying, so Felicity finally told her husband that they needed to talk. Will she finally be honest with him?

Home and Away fans in the UK will see these scenes on Channel 5 early next year after the show's Christmas break.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (11-10-2023)

DS article:

Home and Away's Felicity Newman makes a big decision after split from Tane
    He's moved out of their house.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...man-ring-tane/

Home and Away spoilers follow for Australian-pace episodes, and these scenes won't air in the UK until next year.

Things aren't looking good for Felicity Newman and Tane Parata in new scenes of Home and Away airing in Australia this week.

The couple have hit the rocks after Tane discovered that his wife had lied about wanting to start a family with him. Despite telling him she was ready to try for a baby, Felicity had been secretly taking contraceptive pills.

Once he discovered her deceit, Tane moved out of their house and is now weighing his options, thinking to return to New Zealand.

"Tane could potentially move back to New Zealand, but for now, he needs space and time," Tane actor Ethan Browne told TV WEEK.

In upcoming episodes, Felicity sees a glimmer of hope when Tane gets back home with a bag, but she sobers up when he informs her he's just there to get some clothes.

Later on, Felicity is hurt when she realises Tane is staying with her business partner Mackenzie Booth as she spots her handing him the keys to her place.

Ignoring customers at Salt, Felicity snaps at Mackenzie, but will she ruin their friendship?

Determined to save their marriage, Felicity apologises for exploding at Mackenzie and asks her a favour: return her wedding ring to Tane in a final effort to make things right.

Will Tane reconsider?

Home and Away airs weekdays at 1pm on Channel 5 and 6pm on 5STAR. First-look screenings air at 6.30pm on 5STAR and the show also streams on My5. In Australia, the show airs Mondays to Thursdays at 7pm on Channel 7 and streams on 7plus.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (30-10-2023)

Thread Information