Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Felicity 'Flick' Newman (Jacqui Purvis)

DS article:

Home and Away reveals details of Tane and Felicity's second wedding
    Jacqui Purvis "felt the pressure" filming the scenes.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...econd-wedding/

Home and Away spoilers follow from Australian-pace episodes, which some UK viewers may prefer to avoid.

Home and Away has revealed the details of what's going to go down at Tane Parata and Felicity Newman's second attempt at a wedding day.

The couple tried tying the knot recently, but their plans went up in flames, quite literally. Tex Wheeler's biker gang tampered with the wedding car and it crashed with Felicity inside into a petrol station, where it started to catch fire.

Although injured both emotionally and physically, the pair decided to give the wedding another go, and Australia's TV Week magazine has the details ahead of its airing Down Under.

In upcoming scenes on Australia's Channel 7, the couple ask Cash and Eden to help out, but they are so wrapped up in their own romance that they completely forget. Going to apologise, Cash and Eden are gobsmacked to find that Tane and Felicity have decided the wedding is happening the very next day.

After a quick jaunt to find a last-minute dress, Tane and Felicity tie the knot outdoors, with traditional Māori elements like dancers and a kaikaranga (the person who calls and welcomes everyone in to the service).

Speaking about the scenes, Jacqui Purvis ? who plays Felicity ? told the publication: "After all they've been through, Flick and Tane want a simple wedding and just to be married...

''I was so lucky to see [the Māori customs] first-hand. I was truly touched.

"To learn from Ethan [Browne] what the traditions are has been really moving. I also had to say my vows in te reo Māori, so I felt the pressure! I hope I did the beautiful language justice."

UK viewers will have to wait until May to see the wedding.

Home and Away airs weekdays at 1.45pm on Channel 5 and 6pm on 5STAR. First-look screenings air at 6.30pm on 5STAR and the show also streams on My5.

In Australia, the show airs Mondays to Thursdays at 7pm on Channel 7 and streams on 7plus.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

hward (20-03-2023), Ruffed_lemur (23-03-2023)

DS article:

Home and Away hints at absences at Tane and Felicity's second wedding
    "No stressing about guests."

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...city-absences/

Home and Away spoilers follow.

Home and Away has hinted that there'll once again be some notable absences at Tane Parata and Felicity Newman's wedding.

The happy couple are due to tie the knot on Australian screens next week, as the long-running soap celebrates its milestone 8,000th episode.

Tane and Felicity have already had a first shot at making it down the aisle, but their big day descended into disaster when Felicity was involved in a road accident on her way to the ceremony.

At the time, departed characters Gemma Parata and Chloe Anderson ? who'd both left the show ? sent their apologies and confirmed that they sadly wouldn't be able to make the trip over from New Zealand.

Tane was upset over these absences at the time, as he'd wanted all of his family to make it.

With a second wedding on the cards, Home and Away bosses have once again written in an excuse for possible no-shows ? Tane and Felicity don't want any guests this time.

This week's Australian episodes saw Tane and Felicity take control of their own wedding plans by deciding to tie the knot as soon as possible.

Wanting this ceremony to have a different feel to their doomed first one, they opted to have a tiny guest list with no extended family in attendance.

Felicity's brother Cash and best friend Eden Fowler were the only ones to receive invites, so they could be official witnesses.

Felicity told Tane: "Our easy-peasy 'turn up and get it done' wedding is all sorted. This is amazing. I'm so glad we don't have to wait. No stressing about dresses, flowers, invitations, guests ? especially guests."

When Cash and Eden later asked about other attendees, Felicity quipped: "There are none. If you weren't needed as witnesses, you wouldn't even be there either!"

Tane's nephew Nikau has also now left the show at Australian pace, moving to New York to be with Bella Nixon.

Nikau played a role in the ceremony from afar by giving Felicity some last-minute advice on the phone over how to recite her wedding vows in te reo Māori.

Home and Away fans in the UK will see the 8,000th episode on Channel 5 in May.

Home and Away airs weekdays at 1.45pm on Channel 5 and 6pm on 5STAR. First-look screenings air at 6.30pm on 5STAR and the show also streams on My5.

In Australia, the show airs Mondays to Thursdays at 7pm on Channel 7 and streams on 7plus.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (25-03-2023)

DS article:

Home and Away star Jacqui Purvis shares fears over Felicity and Tane scene
    "It's one of the hardest things I've ever had to do."

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...ty-tane-fears/

viewers may prefer to avoid.

Home and Away star Jacqui Purvis has revealed her initial fears over Felicity Newman and Tane Parata's wedding scene.

The couple finally tied the knot in their second attempt during Australian scenes that aired this week, with Felicity saying her vows in te reo Māori. However, Jacqui has admitted she was nervous about getting it right.

?It?s one of the hardest things I?ve ever had to do,? the star told Stuff. ?There was a lot of pressure for me personally. Acting-wise I was just like, ?I?m going to embarrass myself. All these Kiwis are going to think I?ve butchered their lovely language?.?

However, the actress said she was "just really grateful and lucky that [she] got the chance to do it", recalling: ?The cultural adviser coached me through it and taught me the language and how to say it all properly. It took a lot of hours.

?Unfortunately, we only got a few takes to do it because we didn?t have the time and it was about to rain. We only got two takes and I stuffed up the first one and I was so annoyed because I made so many mistakes.?

The star explained that she also had doubts over whether the wedding would actually happen this time ? even right up until filming.

?There?s always that thing on this job. You don?t believe it until you?re filming because anything can happen," she noted. "They can change the script last-minute. They do and you get thrown a new script to learn at 7am.

?There?s so many things that can change, so even though I knew and I had been told, there was just this little thing in the back of my head that this could still change.?

Jacqui added that it will be a moment she will "probably never forget", as "it was very spiritual and so beautiful to be a part of it".

The soap also brought on board members of Sydney's Māori community to help advise, the star saying: ?The writers did such an amazing job involving all those aspects. And again, I just learned so much. I had no idea about how it all worked so it was just really cool.

?It was definitely a different day on set. There were lots of smiles, this feeling of, ?Oh my god, we?re actually doing this. We?re doing something really, really interesting, really cool, really exciting ? something we should be proud of?.

?Sometimes, work is a bit of a slog or it?s really intense, but then when you have a day like that, it makes it so worth it. You know you?re doing something special."

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (31-03-2023)

DS article:

Home and Away star Jacqui Purvis explains Felicity's struggle over Kahu
    A family reunion.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...struggle-kahu/

Home and Away spoilers follow from Australian-pace episodes, which some UK viewers may prefer to avoid.

Home and Away is set to introduce a new character wreaking havoc on Tane and Felicity's domestic bliss.

The newlyweds are currently enjoying their extended honeymoon phase, but it looks as though Tane's cousin Kahu's unexpected arrival in Summer Bay is set to shake things up.

"Flick likes Kahu but wonders why he's here and how long he's staying," actress Jacqui Purvis told TV WEEK.

"She's still in the honeymoon phase and doesn't want anyone to steal her love away."

Played by Jordi Webber, charming surfer Kahu seems to be wanting to stick around, asking Tane for a job at the gym.

In scenes airing this week in Australia and in June on Channel 5, Tane gives his cousin a temporary gig but soon finds out Kahu doesn't have any qualifications. This could result in serious trouble for Tane, who's put in a difficult position.

"Kahu hasn't quite learned the value of honesty, working hard and trust," Webber said of his character.

"He has a carefree attitude. He's this cheeky, fun, mischief, surfie, rolling stone who comes into town and brings the music. There's a lot of movement in him and a lot of 'no care' attitude, which is what makes him very fun to play with."

s for Purvis, the soap star has weighed in on starring opposite her now on-screen husband Ethan Browne, who plays Tane.

"I love working with Ethan," she said.

"He's been on this journey with me since day dot. He's really good to me and puts up with all my nonsense."

Will Felicity be on board with having Kahu around?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (26-05-2023)

who was running working salt for the wedding party reception?

has she bipolar?

Nowtolove.com.au article:

Home And Away spoilers: Felicity has been drugged on a night out
    'I've been drugged'.

https://www.nowtolove.com.au/celebri...-drugged-77846

TRIGGER WARNING: This article mentions illicit drug use and sexual assault.

The Battle of The Bands contest was supposed to be a fun night out. But Felicity has had to endure a harrowing ordeal.

In Home And Away this week, Felicity (Jacqui Purvis) wakes to find herself shivering and struggling to move in a room at the back of the nightclub. An unsteady Flick pulls her view into focus and tries to think: what happened?

What she doesn't realise is that a mysterious figure spiked her drink when she and her pal Eden (Stephanie Panozzo) were on the dance floor.

"At first, Flick has no idea what's happened ? she's very groggy, has no voice and her limbs don't work as they should," Jacqui tells TV WEEK."When she tries to sit up and realises her dress is ripped and her bra is showing, she suddenly suspects what has happened."

Emerging from the room, she collapses in Eden's arms. Lyrik withdraws from the competition, knowing how serious the matter is. At hospital, Dr Bree (Juliet Godwin) gently seeks information from Flick, who believes she may have been sexually assaulted.
    "It's torturous," Jacqui says.

"She doesn't want to believe it, but has to, unfortunately. Bree helps her realise the horrible situation and helps her through a rape kit [examination] so that if she wants to get the police involved, she has the option."

At home, Tane (Ethan Browne) waits for his wife. When told the disturbing news, he's angry that Felicity's friends could allow that to happen ? but also wracked with guilt for not being there.

Meanwhile, her brother, policeman Cash (Nicholas Cartwright), is none the wiser as to his sister's ordeal.

Felicity is determined to put the ugly incident behind her, but Eden and Tane fear she'll spiral, as she did after the car accident wrecked her wedding day.

Eden urges her to confide in Cash.

"As a lot of women would be, Flick is scared, and feels so much shame," Jacqui says. "She blames herself. These kinds of attacks don't just hurt the victim, but the people around them ? they're also affected and there's a lot of guilt too."

If you or someone you know has been affected by any of the issues raised in this article, help is always available. Call 1800 RESPECT on 1800 737 732 or Lifeline on 13 11 14.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

lizann (05-06-2023), Ruffed_lemur (05-06-2023)

is flick still drinking, thought after her binges before getting help stopping she wasn't

Home And Away spoilers: Felicity demands to watch the CCTV footage from her horror night
    'I must watch it!'

https://www.nowtolove.com.au/celebri...attacker-77972

TRIGGER WARNING: This article mentions illicit drug use and sexual assault.

With no end to her trauma in sight, Felicity makes a bold move to find her attacker this week. But will her search bring closure or crisis?

In Home And Away, Felicity (Jacqui Purvis) is trying everything she can to move on after she was sexually assaulted during a night out with her friend Eden (Stephanie Panozzo).

While celebrating Lyrik's performance at the Battle Of The Bands competition, a mystery assailant spiked Flick's drink. She later realised she'd been attacked.

At first, Flick hid what happened from her brother (Nicholas Cartwright), but when she finally told him, he promised to be there for her.

"It's a weight lifted off her shoulders," Jacqui tells TV WEEK. "Cash, of course, doesn't blame her, and wants to help her in any way possible. They both agree she needs to tell police so they can try to catch this criminal."

Despite the support of her friends, counselling sessions and a police investigation, Flick still wants answers. She goes to the police station and demands to see the CCTV footage from the night. Cash warns against it, but at her insistence, lets her into his office.

As Flick trawls through the footage, Cash calls her partner Tane (Ethan Browne). But his arrival causes further problems as Flick lashes out.

"Let me do this!" she cries. Cash and Tane leave, unsure of how to help her.

Hours tick by and Flick is no closer to finding the offender. She's haunted by a moment she can't remember?

The next day, Eden implores Cash to take a break ? he too is consumed by the search to find the attacker. While he's on the phone to Eden, the DNA results from Flick's tests come back. Could this be the breakthrough they need?

If you or someone you know has been affected by any of the issues raised in this article, help is always available. Call 1800 RESPECT on 1800 737 732 or Lifeline on 13 11 14.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (03-07-2023)

Home And Away spoilers: Felicity?s mystery attacker sends her an ominous ultimatum
    'Pay up or else'.

https://www.nowtolove.com.au/celebri...ckmailed-78110

Try as she might to move on from her trauma of being drugged and sexually assaulted, Felicity faces an additional nightmare in Home And Away this week: blackmail.

Felicity (Jacqui Purvis) receives a mystery text demanding she pay $1000 to her assailant or the video of her sexual assault will go viral.

Sickened at the thought, she races home to husband Tane (Ethan Browne) and deliberates what to do.

Tane's instinct is to call the police, specifically Flick's brother Cash (Nicholas Cartwright), who has been investigating the case. But she doesn't want to involve him.

"She can't bring herself to do it," Jacqui tells TV WEEK, adding that the stress of her ordeal is fracturing her relationship with Tane.

"These two people are trying to work their way through trauma, but can't seem to find each other on the same page," she explains. "It's a strain and it's tough."

Cash may find out anyway when Xander (Luke Van Os) lets slip that Flick fled Salt after receiving a text. He probes Tane for answers, who squirms uncomfortably. Meanwhile, Flick chooses to ignore the texts ? but for how long?

It's only been a few weeks since someone spiked Flick's drink and assaulted her at the Battle Of The Bands concert. With some therapy, she was starting to put the incident behind her, but now she's back where she started, perhaps even more fearful.

"At first, it's hard [to open up]," Jacqui says. "She has to accept the attack and talk about it in depth [in therapy], which is traumatic once again, so it's a tough thing to do.

"She's so brave to go through it. And once she understands how beneficial it is to talk about it, she embraces it fully."

What will Flick choose to do ? pay up or fight back?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (03-07-2023)

Thread Information