View Poll Results: Emmerdale or Eastenders?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Emmerdale

15 26.32%
  • Eastenders

41 71.93%
  • Neither

1 1.75%
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Emmerdale or Eastenders

Quote Originally Posted by judejude
    Trouble is the ratings show other wise! I do in the main prefer EE to Emerdale.
    What ratings? Don't you realise they are quoting hunni?

They are quoting the few spaced out occasions in which the shows have gone head to head and Emmerdale has come out on top, the individual sources they are quoting are also few and far between, the last one I think was Charity's exit back in MARCH!!! The general day to day ratings still rest with EastEnders on top. Marginally yes in terms of share which to me means nothing anyways because it just means more people were watching television at 7pm so Emmerdale got a higher percentage of the available audience than EastEnders or they got a close percentage to EastEnders percentage.
    However in terms of ACTUAL viewers and NOT share EastEnders still have 1m+ viewers. Imagine what that's going to be like in the Winter as well when EastEnders is back snapping at Corrie's heels. I don't know why people would rather believe the bigwigs at ITV that shouldn't be so hard faced to be on a mission to bring another show down in the first place.

They want complaining about these people do.

Thats true but it's the only available information we have to go on. Someone needs to come up with a better system but until then we can only react on what is published.

I know the show isn't about farms and sheep etc but atleast EastEnders and Corrie started out as general soaps. Emmerdale moved location overnight and nobody noticed and they knew they wouldn't survive with their 'Farm' format so they had to scrap it. That was when I lost all faith in the show because it lost it's roots and it's history.

Now we have this awful King family, with Zoe Tate going - the final Tate it's kind of obvious why we now have them and I'm not going to spell it out to you.
    The only reason they've been introduced now is to build them up before they take over as the strong rich powerful family. Sadie is no Kim Tate for starters, Tom is no Frank and Matthew is no Chris. No matter what they do, they will always look like carbon copies. You won't ever beat the Tates with any characters.

Quote Originally Posted by judejude
    Thats true but it's the only available information we have to go on. Someone needs to come up with a better system but until then we can only react on what is published.
    We don't just have the audience share percentage to look at though jude we also have the number of millions of viewers tuning into these shows and EastEnders remains consistently higher.

LMAO at how people get so high rated about a TV prgramme! Its down to different tastes, i dont think you should create a huge debate about peoples views on TV shows, ratings or not.

Most EE fans are from down South anyway as they can relate to the surroundings and same with Emmerdale and Corrie, people from up North can relate to them.

At this point in time i prefer Emmerdale, im not fussed about missing any of the soaps anymore, none of the storylines have me hooked. Still waiting for an exciting storyline to pop up in all of the soaps, im still waiting though.

THANX TO VIXIE-LOU FOR THE GREAT BANNER!

Well im from up north but I still prefer EastEnders to Coronation St. Anyway, I agree, none of the soaps are keeping me hooked either, I think that most of them are a bit crap at the moment. Everyone seems to be getting a bit worked up in this thread don't they, lol!
    Last edited by Chris_2k11; 31-07-2005 at 15:55.
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

Quote Originally Posted by Birks_2k4
    Everyone seems to be getting a bit worked up in this thread lol!
    My point exactly, i thought this was just a general poll about who preferred which soap, guess i was wrong
    Last edited by xCharliex; 31-07-2005 at 15:56.

THANX TO VIXIE-LOU FOR THE GREAT BANNER!

Were all friends really!!!

Its always dangerous when people post a pole like this as you have die hard fans of both soaps!

I'm not worked up, I can just feed the best and most accurate crack rather than people listening to what the bigwigs at ITV say and thinking that it's factual.

Quote Originally Posted by squarelady
    I was actually joking! I do watch Emmerdale so I realise it's not all about cows and sheep I was just pointing out that I don't really relate to it so I don't find it as interesting as I do Eastenders. I don't dispute it has good storylines. I've liked alot of the stuff they've done recently but I still don't enjoy it as much as 'Enders.
    oh ok il forgive you

Thread Information