Thread: Home & Away Set- Destroyed In Fire!

Exclamation Home & Away Set- Destroyed In Fire!

The set used for Australian soap Home and Away has been destroyed in a bush fire.

The fire ripped through Jackaroo Ranch at Annangrove, in north-west Sydney, effectively wiping out the set, which has been used by the series for almost fifteen years.

"The original series started with the Fletcher house, and they had a caravan park attached, which was the whole purpose of coming to Summer Bay - to set up and run the (fictitious) caravan park," executive producer John Holmes told news.com.au.

"Apparently there is (now) nothing remaining of the caravan park, because the bush is all burnt. The house is a stone house, but (apparently) the roof had collapsed and parts of the wall and some of the verandah had all gone."

Ironically, the show was planning to feature a storyline where Summer Bay was hit by a bushfire, but the idea was scrapped.

so how are they gonna show this in the show?

I think that another part of the set was destroyed a few years ago as well, I think it might have been Alfs shop or the surf club, dont remember what. I cant remember how they wrote it into the storyline though.

i remember reading about this in a newspaper a few months ago. Apparently they should be able to carry on filming in and around the caravan park, because like british soaps, the inside scenes are filmed in a studio. This wasn't destroyed, so there is no reason why they can't carry on filming inside. As for the outside; i heard that as this is part of the original set, they have so many shots, that they could use old shots of the house in the future, and attempt to rebuild it in the mean time. As long as no charcters are needed outside of the house, then it would be quite simple for them to carry on filming as usual. However, i think that they were planning to detroy the house in some way. This may have been in the bush fire story which was scarpped, but i think it could be a way that they could rebuild it differently.

They rarely show any of the outside caravans, in fact its normally only this colleen, so i dont think this fire would affect them that much. Its still guna be great

Thread Information