Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19: Coronavirus 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    And now he wants to stop all actions and just got back to normal.. he is an idiot
    He reckons it will over be over by Easter! What a time for the most powerful country in the world to have a dribbling idiot as its head of state!

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

lizann (25-03-2020), Pantherboy (25-03-2020), Perdita (26-03-2020), Siobhan (26-03-2020), tammyy2j (25-03-2020)

europe is the epic centre most cases and fatalities, hospitals are over run, this will go until at least september

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (26-03-2020), Siobhan (26-03-2020)

I have been laid off work but it was expected, temporary closures while trying to stop the spread

It is so scary and frightening how fast it is spreading and the high death rate

All I can do is pray, take care everyone

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

lizann (26-03-2020), Pantherboy (26-03-2020), Perdita (26-03-2020), Ruffed_lemur (26-03-2020), Siobhan (26-03-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    He reckons it will over be over by Easter! What a time for the most powerful country in the world to have a dribbling idiot as its head of state!
    it's all just a way to stop him been reelected didn't you know.. Democrats and fake news are asking thousands to sacrifice themselves to help them..
    You really couldn't make this up
    Super Mod

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Siobhan For This Useful Post:

parkerman (26-03-2020), Perdita (26-03-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    europe is the epic centre most cases and fatalities, hospitals are over run, this will go until at least september
    Germany is taking some of the cases from France and Italy as we have beds and have a good hold on the virus. Someone here said when they got it, everyday a questionnaire was sent to him and he had to describe how he was feeling. They do this will all infected and if symptoms get worse, you are asked to go straight to hospital. This and the fact that most infected here are 30-55 is the reason for our low mortality rate
    Super Mod

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Siobhan For This Useful Post:

lizann (26-03-2020), Perdita (26-03-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    I have been laid off work but it was expected, temporary closures while trying to stop the spread
    I am luck enough to work from home.. there is not a lot going on but enough to keep me going
    Super Mod

I have copied this from a Facebook post which I think might be useful recognising some of the symptoms this virus can show in us:

Steph Freeman
    17 hrs
    So most of you know I have been confirmed as having COVID-19. The big thing I have noticed is the government saying about the cough and breathlessness and the high temps but there are other things to look out for especially in the early days before the respiratory symptoms start so I have done a day to day dairy so that people know how I actually felt before the main symptoms started. This will hopefully stop people infecting people when they are not sure but feel a little unwell.

Day 1 headaches and feeling tired

Day2 headaches and eyes hurt, like bad hay fever, they were watery stingy and itchy.

Day 3 really tired and throat was really dry and a little sore

Day 4 a bit of a cough and a slight temperature

Day 5 dry cough a little worse than day before but not too bad and felt a little dizzy, very tired, felt run down and getting cold sweats

Day 6 cough worse but like a flu cough annoying but with rest and water could cope and still getting headaches and eyes hurting.

Day 7 tired, cough feeling a little better and no temps
    Bit of headache, felt like I was over the worse

Day 8 woke up feeling really bad cough really bad temp still not very high only ever been between 37.9 and 38.3, chest feeling tight and couldn’t stop coughing, tired beyond words, dizzy feel like I can’t breathe, deep dry cough headache and achy from coughing and through feeling crap, eyes sore as well.

Day 9 confirmed as having Coronavirus and a secondary chest infection so now on antibiotics and in heavy isolation.

Day 10 chest feeling tight, head ache, very tired, coughing more, high temps (luckily I’m controlling them with regular paracetamol) eyes feel heavy and generally feel like I can’t do anything.

Day 11 cough feeling a little better but chest very heavy and tired just to talk, hard to catch breath even when going to toilet, drinking plenty of fluids and taking antibiotics and regular paracetamol to keep temp down.

Luckily I isolated myself on day 1 but now have to isolate for an extra week on top of the 14 days, I hope this will help people to think twice before going out if they are unsure if they actually have symptoms as trust me you don’t want this. I have so far as of day 13 been able to manage my symptoms at home, where I feel at the moment is the best place for me. I have strict instructions that if I feel any worse or struggling to keep my temperature down with the regular paracetamol or get that breathless that I struggle to talk in sentence that I should be calling for help.

Please all, stay home, I know you are or at least were allowed to go out once a day to exercise ... you can exercise at home and open the windows or go into the garden if you have one, limit as much contact with the outside world as you can .. Stay Safe !!!
    Last edited by Perdita; 26-03-2020 at 17:42.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

lizann (27-03-2020), Pantherboy (27-03-2020), Siobhan (27-03-2020)

just read older patients being taken of ventilators to die in italy and spain, cant cope too many

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (27-03-2020), Perdita (27-03-2020), Siobhan (27-03-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    just read older patients being taken of ventilators to die in italy and spain, cant cope too many
    That's the sad reality. They have only so many beds and medics. If it was a battle field, the medic would make the call as they thought had a chance to survive
    Super Mod

Thread Information