Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19: Coronavirus 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Health wise, I am good.. Mentally I am hanging in there... wedding cancel on 4th of May and got a second date for the 19th which was also cancelled to yeah, 2 wedding dates cancelled in one month is not good. On top of that, my mum's bday was cancelled and my flights home to Ireland also cancelled so I don't get to see my parents or family this year and none of them can come see me. We video chat but it is not the same and I love hugging and I can't do that anymore with my friends.
    Sorry for the rant
    I think most of us are the same, Siobhan, sorry for your cancelled wedding dates, one thing to look forward to and then it is not happening, certainly does not help mental health. Hopefully you will be able to set a new date and third time lucky. I agree, face timing and video chats are not the same but they are better than not having any contacts so I am grateful for technology these days. I hope that everyone is coping as best as they can and pray that this situation wil come to an end soon. Take care all and stay safe xxx

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Siobhan (21-05-2020)

I do think it was a mistake Nicola Sturgeon lifting some of the lockdown measures in Scotland today ahead of England on Monday, especially as the "R" is higher in the North and Scotland.

I gave up on any common sense coming from the English government, but it seems the Scottish government are taking the same approach sadly.

I heard an interesting interview on Radio 4 coming home from work. Sage have said they think the UK as a whole are moving too quickly out of lockdown, the excellent BBC medical correspondent Fergus Walsh said it was worrying the "R" was only just below 1 and for saying we have been in lock down for 9 weeks it should be lower and is in other countries.

Part of the reason Sage believe is that 50% of the public that have shown symptoms of the virus had not self isolated for 7/14 days and neither had their family members in the same household, which explains why the "R" is just below 1.

my mental health isnt good during this, increase in xanax but no help, its hard

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (31-05-2020), Siobhan (31-05-2020), tammyy2j (02-06-2020)

It always seems that you just get a grip on what is happening, you start to see some light and then idiot go out and cram together and you think "Ok another lockdown". Try stay strong Lizann.. just know you can rant here
    Super Mod

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Siobhan For This Useful Post:

lizann (31-05-2020), Pantherboy (31-05-2020), tammyy2j (02-06-2020)

I see many posts on FB here for folk in Spain asking when flights will resume .. both ways.. going or coming .. I just do not understand it .. YES, I do know what it is like to miss seeing and hugging loved ones .. but I also know that a lot of them are vulnerable to become sick with this fecker .. I do not want to risk their lives nor do I want them to come here and make my now home unsafe and sick ... We have managed for 9 weeks or so .. lets manage a bit longer, things are a lot easier now with some restrictions lifted .. Why do some always take a whole yard when offered a foot

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

lizann (31-05-2020), Pantherboy (31-05-2020), parkerman (31-05-2020), Siobhan (01-06-2020), tammyy2j (02-06-2020)

looking at america the riots and protests no distancing, that country is so f#cked up, the racist killings

id love a holiday but none until a vaccine cure found which is a far while off

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (31-05-2020), Perdita (01-06-2020), Siobhan (01-06-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post

id love a holiday but none until a vaccine cure found which is a far while off
    I have luck with bad luck. I can take a vacation in Denmark only due to the fact that after 15th June border will reopen but only to Norway, Iceland and Germany if you stay 6 days or more. As I will be getting married in Denmark, I have to take 6 days there. Lucky that my kids come with me but unlucky that my guests can't afford 6 days or don't come from Norway, Germany or Iceland.
    Super Mod

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Siobhan For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (02-06-2020), Perdita (01-06-2020), tammyy2j (02-06-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    I have luck with bad luck. I can take a vacation in Denmark only due to the fact that after 15th June border will reopen but only to Norway, Iceland and Germany if you stay 6 days or more. As I will be getting married in Denmark, I have to take 6 days there. Lucky that my kids come with me but unlucky that my guests can't afford 6 days or don't come from Norway, Germany or Iceland.
    When is your wedding day? In June? Guess it is a case of getting married in a very small circle and have a good knees-up once things are better again .. do not want to say back to normal as I cannot see things going back to what we would call normal in the past. Whenever it is, I wish you and your groom a great day, may you have a very long and happy life together xx

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (02-06-2020), Siobhan (03-06-2020), tammyy2j (02-06-2020)

siobhan i hope you have finally your wedding and a lifetime of happiness

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (02-06-2020), Siobhan (03-06-2020), tammyy2j (02-06-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    When is your wedding day? In June? Guess it is a case of getting married in a very small circle and have a good knees-up once things are better again .. do not want to say back to normal as I cannot see things going back to what we would call normal in the past. Whenever it is, I wish you and your groom a great day, may you have a very long and happy life together xx
    Hopefully in July.. wedding date no. 3 for this year
    Super Mod

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Siobhan For This Useful Post:

Perdita (03-06-2020)

Thread Information