Thread: Marco Astoni (Tim Walter)

Exclamation Marco Astoni (Tim Walter)

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...ni-tim-walter/

Home and Away fans can get their first look at a new member of the Astoni family in this Digital Spy exclusive.

Ben Astoni's brother Marco will be joining Summer Bay soon, played by Tim Walter.

Show bosses are billing Marco as a "confident smooth-talking businessman" who doesn't always make the best decisions. His arrival will throw a huge spanner in the works for Ben (Rohan Nichol) and his wife Maggie (Kestie Morassi).

Marco's backstory could spell trouble for the Astoni family, as he has loved Maggie ever since they were teenagers. He never stood a chance due to Maggie's feelings for Ben.

On one particularly troublesome day, Ben spotted Maggie trying to walk away from an argument with Marco. Furious to think that Marco was harassing the love of his life, Ben attacked him.

Ben paid the price for his actions when Marco took revenge for Maggie's rejection and being upstaged by his brother. Marco called the police and ensured that Ben was charged with assault.

In the aftermath, Ben was left on the outer with his family and concentrated on building up his life with Maggie.

Meanwhile, Marco – who has never been married – took over the family business and ran into trouble when he found it much harder than he'd expected.

A Home and Away spokesperson told Digital Spy: "Marco has pretty much run the business into the ground and is desperate for an injection of funds.

"He arrives in the Bay under the guise of repairing his relationship with Ben and opening the door to family reconciliation through a joint business venture, but his arrival puts Maggie on edge.

"Marco has already shown that he's willing to throw Ben under the bus to get what he wants. His arrival on Ben and Maggie's doorstep is going to shake up the entire family."

In real life, Tim has appeared in Home and Away before, playing the guest role of Aaron Copeland in a 2008 episode.

His first scenes as Marco will air this month in Australia and in April for UK viewers.

Home and Away airs weekdays at 1.15pm and 6pm on Channel 5 (UK) and Mondays to Thursdays at 7pm on Channel 7 (Australia).

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

hward (10-03-2020), Pantherboy (08-03-2020)

Hope this means the introduction of potentially more Italian/Mediterranean characters. Summer Bay needs more diversity beyond surfers and bad boys (and the token Kiwi).

of course he had to love sister in law maggie

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

hward (14-03-2020), tammyy2j (12-05-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    Sometimes I think I'll start watching again, but then I read something like that I just roll my eyes and think "of course" as well

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    And they had an one night stand affair, how predictable

Thread Information