Thread: Paul (Reece Dinsdale)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Exclamation Paul (Reece Dinsdale)

Emmerdale has announced that Mark Womack and Reece Dinsdale will be joining the cast.

Dinsdale will be familiar to soaps fans – having played Tina McIntyre's father Joe in Coronation Street between 2008 and 2010 – while Womack has appeared in shows such as Murphy's Law and Liverpool 1.

Dinsdale is playing Paul, a blast from the past in Mandy Dingle's (Lisa Riley) life who will be stirring things up for Mandy and Vinny.

Womack has been cast as DI Malone, a police officer "with a dark history".

Both characters will make their first appearances in the spring.

"It's always a lot of fun to play the bad guy, and Malone definitely falls into that category," Womack said. "I'm looking forward to the audience seeing his twisted tale unfold on screen."

Meanwhile, Dinsdale said: "I'm absolutely delighted to be joining the cast of Emmerdale.

"Having recently directed a couple of episodes and seen at close quarters the superb work the cast, crews, and creatives produce, I can't wait to become part of the team once again – albeit in a different capacity.

"Time to get my acting boots back on!"

Producer Laura Shaw said that the ITV soap was "absolutely thrilled" to welcome Womack and Dinsdale to the cast.

"Although playing very different characters, both come with huge stories that will see lives changed and big explosions in 2020," she teased.

"We're all very excited to see these two hugely talented and experienced actors grace our screens."

Digital Spy

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

EddyBee (07-02-2020), lizann (07-02-2020), tammyy2j (11-02-2020)

Thread Information