https://metro.co.uk/2020/02/03/coron...cua-QKVWL4JX8I

Solicitor Paula Martin (Stirling Gallacher) has seen her fair share of drama since arriving in Coronation Street a couple of years ago, but she’s set to bid adieu to the iconic cobbles, as actress Stirling has joined Casualty. From her whirlwind romance with Sophie Webster (Brooke Vincent) to her one-night-stand with Tracy Barlow (Kate Ford), Paula has been a part of some of the most memorable Corrie storylines over the past few years, but it’s time for the solicitor to move on to pastures new as actress Stirling departs the soap. Yes, Stirling will be joining the cast of Casualty, as police officer Ffion Morgan — wife of much-loved paramedic Jan (Di Botcher). On joining Casualty, Stirling said: ‘I am entirely delighted to be joining the longest-running emergency medical drama television series in the world… what’s not to be thrilled about!’ TOP ARTICLES 1/5 READ MORE Coronation Street exit for Paula Martin as Stirling Gallacher joins Casualty ‘The added bonus is of course the folk that work on this fantastic show, I could not have felt more personally welcomed or professionally supported in what is often a bit of a nerve wracking build up to your first days filming. I look forward to many happy hours on Ffion Morgan’s pretend beat.’ Executive Producer of Casualty and Holby City Simon Harper said: “The audience may recall a single, somewhat loaded reference last year from Jan’s son Ross to her wife Ffion and the kids back home – so we’ve had her off-screen marriage up our sleeve for some time now and are really excited to explore it – not least with an actor as distinguished as Stirling, whom we are thrilled to welcome to the Casualty company, playing alongside the brilliant Di Botcher.’ ‘Jan has a huge and terrifying story coming up in the next series where Ross comes into her life again – and given that Ross is pretty dodgy and Ffion is a police officer, it’s all going to get pretty turbulent!’ Stirling has already commenced filming for Casualty and will appear on screen in late Spring. As of yet, there’s no word as to what will result in Paula deciding to leave Weatherfield, but — with Sophie travelling the world — could she perhaps set off in search of her ex?