Casualty has revealed Zsa Zsa Harper-Jenkinson's return storyline, as Dylan Keogh reaches out for help.

Sharon Gless has made sporadic appearances as the surgeon on the BBC soap over the past few years, and her upcoming return will see her contend with a life-changing diagnosis.

According to TV Times, paramedic Lev Malinovsky and wife Faith – whose seven-year-old son has just been diagnosed with a brain tumour – will face a big challenge, and in a bid to help, Dylan calls mentor Zsa Zsa.

Casualty previously hinted at the surgeon's return to the soap a few months ago after a clip of Sharon with the soap's cast emerged for the annual Big Welsh Show for Children in Need.

Sharon originally joined the soap as Zsa Zsa back in 2017, and at the time was described as a "maestro of surgery".

"I play a brilliant brain surgeon named Zsa-Zsa, a wonderfully colourful character for a doctor," she said at the time. "When they sent me the script I really liked her. She's a very famous brain surgeon so she doesn't have a nerve in her body."

Hopefully her unique talents will be put to life-saving effect upon her return.

Digital Spy