Thread: Felix Westwood (Richard Blackwood)

Exclamation Felix Westwood (Richard Blackwood)

Former EastEnders star Richard Blackwood looks set to join the cast of Hollyoaks, Digital Spy can exclusively reveal.

The actor and TV presenter has been spotted on set at the Channel 4 soap, as seen in our first look images.

Richard, best known to soap fans for his role as Walford's Vincent Hubbard, was pictured leaving the Lime Pictures studios in Liverpool, where Hollyoaks is filmed.

It's thought that he'd been in a meeting with Hollyoaks bosses, sparking rumours that he's about to join the cast.

Richard was seen walking through the grounds of the TV set before getting into his car.

The exciting images come nearly two years after Richard bowed out from EastEnders in his role as Vincent.

Vincent was last seen on the BBC soap in April 2018, when he was held at gunpoint by a corrupt police officer, with his fate left unknown.

Rumours of Richard's return to Soapland in Hollyoaks come at an exciting time for the show, which is due to celebrate its 25th anniversary later this year.

Show bosses have already lured back James Sutton and Jamie Lomas to reprise their roles as fan favourites John Paul McQueen and Warren Fox.

Jamie also recently told Digital Spy that he was excited over the casting of a household name to play a face from Warren's past. Could he have been talking about Richard?

"Warren grew up in a children's home, so they're going to explore that. They've got a character coming in as part of that. I can't say who's playing the character, but it's a well-known face," Jamie explained.

"They're going to team these two up together and delve into their past, so it's very exciting and it's going to be a long-running story. It'll be exciting for the fans and exciting for me to play. I think people will be excited by the storyline..."

Digital Spy

Felix Westwood (Richard Blackwood)

Hollyoaks has officially announced that Richard Blackwood is joining the cast, revealing who he will be playing.

Yesterday (January 23), Digital Spy exclusively revealed that the former EastEnders star was being lined up for a role after he was spotted on set at Lime Pictures studios in Liverpool, where the Channel 4 soap is filmed.

Now, the show has confirmed the casting, with Richard playing Felix Westwood, a past love interest of Martine Deveraux (Kéllé Bryan).

Felix is also the father of Mitchell Deveraux (Imran Adams) and his long-lost twin Toby Faroe (Bobby Gordon).

"I feel amazed and honoured to join the cast of Hollyoaks," Richard said. "After finishing at EastEnders, I did a few plays and a TV show for America.

“Now, I feel ready with what I've learnt in my hiatus to be a part of this show. I plan to take my acting to the next level and this character will help tremendously with that growth!"

Meanwhile, Imran expressed his excitement at Richard joining the cast, saying: "Richard Blackwood has been a cultural British icon for so many years. I remember being young and watching him on shows like MTV Base and BBC One and just being out there living his dreams.

"As a young black man, it was such an inspiration for me to see, and to have him be cast as my TV dad is something I will hold with me for a very long time.

"He's such a charming, personable, hardworking guy and I feel like, because of those attributes, he will be a perfect fit in the Deveraux clan who are loved by so many Hollyoaks fans.

"It's great to see such an iconic show have such diversity, and I know that Hollyoaks will continue to be the leader with that topic and I'm grateful to have him on board."

Richard's first scenes as Felix will air in the spring.

Hollyoaks airs weeknights at 6.30pm on Channel 4, with first look screenings at 7pm on E4.

Digital Spy

a ladies man felix and enemy for warren

fight club, paying be fight be beaten up

leaving for a tour or back to eastenders

Thread Information