Former EastEnders star Richard Blackwood looks set to join the cast of Hollyoaks, Digital Spy can exclusively reveal.

The actor and TV presenter has been spotted on set at the Channel 4 soap, as seen in our first look images.

Richard, best known to soap fans for his role as Walford's Vincent Hubbard, was pictured leaving the Lime Pictures studios in Liverpool, where Hollyoaks is filmed.

It's thought that he'd been in a meeting with Hollyoaks bosses, sparking rumours that he's about to join the cast.

Richard was seen walking through the grounds of the TV set before getting into his car.

The exciting images come nearly two years after Richard bowed out from EastEnders in his role as Vincent.

Vincent was last seen on the BBC soap in April 2018, when he was held at gunpoint by a corrupt police officer, with his fate left unknown.

Rumours of Richard's return to Soapland in Hollyoaks come at an exciting time for the show, which is due to celebrate its 25th anniversary later this year.

Show bosses have already lured back James Sutton and Jamie Lomas to reprise their roles as fan favourites John Paul McQueen and Warren Fox.

Jamie also recently told Digital Spy that he was excited over the casting of a household name to play a face from Warren's past. Could he have been talking about Richard?

"Warren grew up in a children's home, so they're going to explore that. They've got a character coming in as part of that. I can't say who's playing the character, but it's a well-known face," Jamie explained.

"They're going to team these two up together and delve into their past, so it's very exciting and it's going to be a long-running story. It'll be exciting for the fans and exciting for me to play. I think people will be excited by the storyline..."

Digital Spy