Thread: Ben Sherwood (Charlie Condue)

Exclamation Ben Sherwood (Charlie Condue)

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hol...ood-big-story/

Holby City will be welcoming former Coronation Street star Charlie Condou to screens during a rare Thursday outing tonight (December 19).

The BBC medical drama is airing its second episode of the week this evening, which will see new surgeon Ben turn up for his first shift – and immediately make a big impression on Essie Di Lucca.

Speaking about his new role, Charlie, who is already known to soap fans for playing Corrie's Marcus Dent, has revealed a big new story for Ben following his debut.

Charlie said to Digital Spy: "It's been fantastic. I've genuinely loved it and it's been one of the happiest places I've worked. It's been great.

"The first day is always nerve-wracking because you're the new boy. I was also thrown into the deep end because I am coming in with quite a big storyline.

"Ben has a really big story which starts almost immediately. I also had a kissing scene to do on my first day!"

Teasing what fans can expect to see from Ben, Charlie added: "He's a difficult one to describe.

"I think he likes to think of himself as a ladies' man and likes to be quite smooth, but actually, he's just not. He is very sensitive, quite sweet, and very genuine. He likes to play the Casanova type, but he really isn't.

"I think fans will like him because they can see he is struggling a bit. He often puts his foot in it and tries to do the right thing, but ends up making a fool of himself. People warm to characters like that. He is also quite funny and a bit mischievous."

Unfortunately, viewers need to make the most of Ben while he's on screen, as Charlie has confirmed that he isn't coming into the show long-term.

"It's just a stint," he said. "I am only there for a brief period. I am not sure what will happen long-term or if they've got any plans to bring me back at some point."

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

anita2012 (24-12-2019)

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/tv/charl...5xer1nwpVDzOVg

Charlie Condou leaves Holby City role after Ben cheats on Essie with Dom

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

kaz21 (25-02-2020)

Never warmed to him. Might be, because I knew he was a guest, rather than permanent.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to kaz21 For This Useful Post:

kayuqtuq (26-02-2020)

Thread Information