https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hol...-faroe-secret/

Hollyoaks newcomer Bobby Gordon has spoken to Digital Spy about the big revelation of Toby Faroe's true identity.

The soap's hour-long Christmas special, which aired on E4 on Friday (December 20), let viewers in on the secret that Toby is the long-lost twin of Mitchell Deveraux.

Fans discovered the truth when Toby and his wife Celeste attended Walter Deveraux's festive sermon and privately complained about his hypocrisy as he preached about the importance of family.

Toby and Celeste have come to Hollyoaks to get revenge on the Deveraux clan – with Martine in their sights in particular. However, with Celeste seemingly calling all the shots, there are still secrets to be revealed about exactly what's going on.

Speaking to Digital Spy about Toby and his secrets, Bobby explained: "Reading all of the online speculation has been one of the best bits, because nobody had any idea and I loved that! The speculation is always going to be the best part.

"Usually I'd always want to tell the world what's going on, but we wanted people to wait because it would be much more special when it came out. So it's been nice to keep my mouth shut!

"I think it's going to be a big reaction when the viewers find out, but afterwards it's going to shake things up even more. If only I could say more! But it's going to be incredible in the New Year."

Asked whether Toby is a new villain for the show, Bobby replied: "He could be one villain or he could be the only villain – we don't know yet. But I think Toby's 'evil edge' is very directed. Whether he'll be evil to everyone, I don't know.

"For now, the writers are being very true to the story. As for whether Toby and Celeste will be the new villains for the show, personally I hope so because it's fun! But I think for now, it'll be tailored more towards Toby getting revenge on Martine, the woman who gave him up.

"For Celeste it could be different – she could control the whole village! There's levels in their relationship – there's clearly one person who wears the trousers. It's like a yin and yang type of thing. Toby is very reliant on his wife and he couldn't be who he is without her."

Bobby confirmed that he'll soon be filming scenes with Imran Adams, who plays Mitchell.

He said: "Imran has been easing me into life at Hollyoaks. We're going to be doing scenes soon, so we've been trying to get to know each other. When we start sharing scenes, hopefully people will see the brotherly connection.

"We've had that time to become friends off-screen and without that, it wouldn't be so authentic. Imran has made a lot of effort to make sure that I'm comfortable and we can bounce off each other. Well done to Hollyoaks for the casting, because we do get along well."

Bobby also spoke about the development of Toby, admitting that even he was surprised when he found out about the storylines to come.

He told us: "When you're doing an audition, you get your brief, but you're never going to get the full thing. It was only when I joined the show and I spoke to the execs and the writers that I found out more.

"They give you literally an inch in that little synopsis at the start, so you don't realise how great the character is until you come through the door.

"About two months in, I gauged the full extent of what Toby will be doing. I didn't understand the depth before. At the moment, Toby and Celeste are gauging people around the village and they need to ease in."