Digital Spy article. Time for Channel 5 to catch up with Australia again??

Neighbours fans launch campaign for Channel 5 to catch up with Australia again
"We need to catch up with the Aussies again."

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...-up-australia/

Neighbours fans in the UK have launched a new campaign for episodes to catch up with Australia after Channel 5 fell behind earlier this year.

Currently, episodes are broadcast in the UK three weeks after airing Down Under, meaning fans have to endure rather a long wait.

The change came back in March amid the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, with UK broadcasters reducing the amount of weekly soap episodes to keep a steady pace and episodes in stock until filming could resume safely.

However, Neighbours' Australian episodes kept at the same pace as usual in the country, meaning their broadcast has fallen somewhat out of sync in the UK.

A new hashtag called #NeighboursCatchUp has now emerged among UK fans urging Channel 5 to catch up with Australia again.

"Right @channel5_tv Give us some #Neighbours joy and get us back to speed with our Aussie buddies. There?s no Covid in Erinsborough so we don?t need to socially distance with the Kennedys!" one fan tweeted.

Another added: "I'm lonely here in Melbourne lockdown- I miss my English/Irish/Scot/Welsh pals because they're three weeks behind the #Neighbours AU broadcast schedule! What is this; 2015? Sync us back up please, @channel5_tv @NeighboursTV! We're the perfect audience blend."

"Please please please @neighbours@channel5_tv as a loyal British viewer since the start of the Kennedy era we need to catch up with the Aussies again," a third tweeted. "I've not watched online and it's very hard to avoid spoilers. I love @neighbours so let's catch up #neighbourscatchup."

Neighbours airs on Channel 5 in the UK and on 10 Peach in Australia.