Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Neighbours 35th Anniversary Spoilers 2020

Digital Spy article. Time for Channel 5 to catch up with Australia again??

Neighbours fans launch campaign for Channel 5 to catch up with Australia again
    "We need to catch up with the Aussies again."

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...-up-australia/

Neighbours fans in the UK have launched a new campaign for episodes to catch up with Australia after Channel 5 fell behind earlier this year.

Currently, episodes are broadcast in the UK three weeks after airing Down Under, meaning fans have to endure rather a long wait.

The change came back in March amid the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, with UK broadcasters reducing the amount of weekly soap episodes to keep a steady pace and episodes in stock until filming could resume safely.

However, Neighbours' Australian episodes kept at the same pace as usual in the country, meaning their broadcast has fallen somewhat out of sync in the UK.

A new hashtag called #NeighboursCatchUp has now emerged among UK fans urging Channel 5 to catch up with Australia again.

"Right @channel5_tv Give us some #Neighbours joy and get us back to speed with our Aussie buddies. There?s no Covid in Erinsborough so we don?t need to socially distance with the Kennedys!" one fan tweeted.

Another added: "I'm lonely here in Melbourne lockdown- I miss my English/Irish/Scot/Welsh pals because they're three weeks behind the #Neighbours AU broadcast schedule! What is this; 2015? Sync us back up please, @channel5_tv @NeighboursTV! We're the perfect audience blend."

"Please please please @neighbours@channel5_tv as a loyal British viewer since the start of the Kennedy era we need to catch up with the Aussies again," a third tweeted. "I've not watched online and it's very hard to avoid spoilers. I love @neighbours so let's catch up #neighbourscatchup."

Neighbours airs on Channel 5 in the UK and on 10 Peach in Australia.

It felt like a strange move at the time. Production didn't really suffer. They took a break but they do every year anyway, but there hasn't been any interruption in the broadcast. If there was, sure, I could see why Channel 5 would reduce its schedule, but it should have been led by production in Australia with C5 to follow.

C5 would have to find shows to slot in, probably at short notice, but to take the decision by themselves is odd. At no point did it seem like Neighbours had to slow down or be postponed in Australia, and cast members even said there were enough episodes already in the can to see them through for a while.

Now they have the awkward task of catching up, as predicted.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Danners9 For This Useful Post:

kaz21 (27-08-2020)

It was silly of ch 5 to take a break, untill they knew, what Aus was doing.

I don't mind about not catching up. At least it's on. Anyway, there was recent talk about filming stopping again due to a virus flare-up.

Nowtolove.com.au article as Neighbours celebrates 35 years in the UK.

Delta Goodrem shares iconic throwback moments to celebrates 35 years of Neighbours in the UK
    Nina Tucker is back!

https://www.nowtolove.com.au/celebri...iversary-68863

Our iconic Aussie Delta Goodrem has had such a stellar career we almost forgot she starred as Nina Tucker on Neighbours.

The soap is celebrating 35 years in the United Kingdom, which has seen the small down under program become a British staple.

To celebrate the huge milestone Delta took to her Instagram to post a slew of throwback moments, and she looks so fresh-faced.

Watch Delta sing Born To Try on Neighbours below.

In the first video, Delta is singing her most popular song, Born To Try, which she released in 2002 and subsequently performed on the show.

She also posted a cast photoshoot, an in-character portrait, a scene from the hairdressers, a video of her acting and a more recent picture with her former castmates.

Delta took part in a reunion hosted by BBC Radio which featured iconic actors like Kylie Minogue, Jason Donovan, Ian Smith, and Anne Charleston.

The singer accompanied her post with a caption detailing how grateful she is for the opportunity to reflect on her past role.

Watch Delta as Nina in the video below.

"Neighbours♥️💕 where it all began. I am so excited to be joining @realscottmills on @bbcradio2 🇬🇧 today for the Ramsay Street reunion in celebration of the show being on air for 35 YEARS in the UK!!! wow. Honoured to be on the show with the best of the best xxx," she wrote.

In the broadcast, speaking with host Scott Mills, Delta recalled her days on the soap fondly, she said,"

It was a beautiful start to a wonderful journey with that show and that song [Born To Try]."

Of course, Delta's comment section erupted in the spirit of nostalgia.

Big Brother VIP star Ellie Gonsalves revealed, "Bruv this was the moment I fell in love with you.. and still love you all these years later haha ❤️," and Renee Bargh wrote, "👏👏."

One fan relished in their memories by commenting, "Omg this brings back so so many memories," and another penned the sweet message, "Loved you then, love you now 😝♥️."

In anticipation of the anniversary broadcast, Kylie Minogue spoke about reuniting with her cast and revealed they weren't so well-behaved back in the day.

"It's been a while, it's been way, way too long," said Kylie.

"It was a big decision to leave Ramsey Street. I've been getting very nostalgic myself and for the likes of Jason and myself, Guy Pearce, Annie Jones, the kind of the naughty kids of the bunch, it was such an incredible training ground to work with people like Anne and Ian and so many other incredible actors."

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

MellBee (31-08-2021)

Thread Information