Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nina (Mollie Gallagher)

Exclamation Nina (Mollie Gallagher)

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/cor...ece-nina-cast/

Roy Cropper is set to discover even more new family members as his niece arrives in Coronation Street.

It has already been revealed that Roy (David Neilson) looking into his mum's mysterious past next week will uncover that he has a long-lost brother called Richard (Paul Bown).

When the two finally meet, Roy finds out that his brother Richard is actually quite ill and needs someone to look after his teenage daughter Nina – to be played by 21-year-old newcomer Mollie Gallagher.

While Roy agrees to take on responsibility for the young girl, Nina makes it known that she isn't happy about the arrival of this newfound uncle in her family's life.

"I am absolutely delighted to be in Coronation Street," Mollie Gallagher said today (November 5). "I grew up watching the show and it is surreal to be on the set working alongside such incredible actors as David Neilson and Alison King.

"Nina is a really interesting character, she is a bit of an outsider and although she is reluctant to let Roy into her life, she soon realises they have more in common than she first thought."

Taking in troubled youngsters isn't anything new for Roy, but let's hope this goes better than those times he let Fiz or Wayne move in!

"The storyline is a great device to bring Roy's niece Nina into his life, a new relationship with a younger character, a troubled young person in the same way as he took in Wayne, Fiz, Becky and even cared for Carla when she was struggling," David Neilson said.

"It is an interesting dynamic. Roy works well when he has something to focus on, a problem to solve or someone to look out for, particularly someone who others may see as a bit different.

"Roy can identify with that as he has been an outsider himself. It is interesting and it puts him on his mettle. They are different generations and worlds apart but there is a connection between them."

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

lizann (05-11-2019), Ruffed_lemur (14-11-2019), tammyy2j (05-11-2019)

I believe she is a goth, interesting for Roy but I like he is getting some family and a storyline

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

emerald (13-11-2019), lizann (05-11-2019), Perdita (05-11-2019)

Will she be moving in with Roy? I can't see how the three of them can share that little flat but it would be nice if Roy and Carla can be a little "family" for her, in some way. Hopefully they won't go down the route of Carla becoming jealous.

Quote Originally Posted by emerald View Post
    Will she be moving in with Roy? I can't see how the three of them can share that little flat but it would be nice if Roy and Carla can be a little "family" for her, in some way. Hopefully they won't go down the route of Carla becoming jealous.
    Does Carla live with Peter in Ken's house?

Quote Originally Posted by emerald View Post
    carla could also take her under her wing, interesting pairing

I think his brother will die and Nina will become a regular.

Quote Originally Posted by LouiseP View Post
    I think his brother will die and Nina will become a regular.
    Yes Roy takes her in becomes her carer legal guardian

It would be a bit odd if Roy and Carla became "parents" to a teenager but I like the idea of Carla helping to advise her and perhaps seeing something of her teenage self in Nina. They could form a very interesting three generational "family".

11. The Following User Says Thank You to emerald For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (14-11-2019)

Like to think she will work in Underworlds as designer .. I do not know but would Goth fashion be regarded as sexy enough???

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Like to think she will work in Underworlds as designer .. I do not know but would Goth fashion be regarded as sexy enough???
    OH I hope not another teenager with no parents and is "hard work" not all young kids are "bad" yea a Goth is bit naff but Rosie grew out of her time, so fingers xd this CArla can develop into a nice young person

Thread Information