Quote Originally Posted by Alisha
Agreed!

Everyone has their own preferences when it comes to storylines and what defines a great story, but I for one find the whole Sonia/Martin/Chloe storyline compelling viewing. The heart of eastenders is family centred storylines and this one simply mirrors that. When someone has a child adopted, it doesn't stop there. There is after effects and always a price to pay. That’s something that Sonia has had to learn the hard way.

I have enjoyed watching the character of Sonia over the years and she has grown up into a mature level headed young women, which makes a change to many of the other female's in the square around her age. I find it completely realistic for Sonia to be feeling this way and Martin, the opposite. It really gels well with their character. The great thing about this story is that it gets down to the roots of peoples feelings and the emotion of that comes across really well on screen. I really felt for both Martin and Sonia and could see the argument on both sides. What’s more, it’s good that they have included Chloe’s gran in it too, so it's not all one sided. I have no complaints over this one so far.
I have to agree totally with you Alisha. That is what I like about the story too, that is is character and family centred. I could definitely see where both Sonia and Martin where coming from and thought it was sad for all concerned. I've enjoyed watching Sonia grow and develop and I love her character. She has had such a bad time, but despite everything she isn't self obsessed like most of the other characters. She genuinely cares about her family and I love her scenes with Jim and Dot.

I'm looking forward to this story continuing, though God only knows what havoc Pauline is going to cause!