Thread: Jade (Mia Morrissey)

Jade (Mia Morrissey)

Nowtolove.com.au article re newcomer Jade (Mia Morrissey) - I also posted this article under the thread for Dean:

AUST PACE!

Home and Away love triangle: Will new girl Jade tear Ziggy and Dean apart?
    Newcomer Jade sets her sights on Dean in a flirt-fuelled surf lesson

https://www.nowtolove.com.au/celebri...irl-jade-59874

There's something in the water in Summer Bay that has its newcomers falling in love. But it's not with the place, it's the people. And one in particular – Dean.

The likeable surf instructor captures the attention of backpacker Jade when she comes to town and Ziggy isn't impressed!

The drama picks up in Home And Away this week as Dean (Patrick O'Connor) and Ziggy (Sophie Dillman) cross paths on the beach. Despite Dean's surf business booming, leaving the young couple with little time for one another lately, their relationship has remained strong – until now.

As Dean begins his next surfing lesson, it's obvious to Ziggy that one of his students, Jade (Mia Morrissey), is flirting up a storm with her boyfriend.

Ryder (Lukas Radovich), who's also in the class, shows a keen interest in Jade, but it becomes apparent she only has eyes for Dean.

As the lesson comes to a close, Jade's attempts to make a move on her man has Ziggy seeing red. She snaps and tells the newcomer to take a hike.

Horrified to see Ziggy being so rude to one of his students, Dean unleashes at Ziggy in a tense argument.

Confused over Ziggy's outburst, Dean later turns to Willow (Sarah Roberts) – who's just watched the exchange from afar – for advice.

Willow helps Dean see things from Ziggy's point of view – her trust has been damaged thanks to recently having her heart broken by her cheating ex-husband Brody (Jackson Heywood).

Later, Dean again comes across Jade, who continues to flirt with the surfing instructor.

Realising Ziggy's concerns were well founded, Dean tries to apologise to her. But at the same time he's assuring Ziggy that Jade won't be a problem, Jade is at Salt having a drink with Ryder.

He's keen to keep the newcomer in the Bay, so organises a job at Salt for her, which she's happy to take. It looks like flirty Jade is sticking around!

Will she get over her crush on Dean or will she cause trouble for him and Ziggy?

Home and Away airs Monday to Thursday, 7pm, on Channel Seven.

The Digital Spy article:

Home and Away lines up trouble for Ziggy as Dean gets a new admirer
    Will their new romance crash and burn?

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...e-new-admirer/
    Last edited by Pantherboy; 21-10-2019 at 22:31.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Perdita (21-10-2019)

Daily Telegraph article on Mia Morrissey (Jade):

Home and Away’s Mia Morrissey hopes curves will inspire healthy body image
    New Home and Away cast member Mia Morrissey hopes to challenge narrow beauty standards when she debuts on the popular soap, saying it’s important for viewers to see different shapes and sizes in swimwear.

Home and Away’s newest cast member, Mia Morrissey, hopes to challenge narrow beauty standards on the long-running TV soap.

The former The Voice contestant told Confidential she was comfortable wearing a swimsuit during filming and wants her confidence to inspire healthy body image in viewers.

“As far as being in a swimsuit or bikini goes, I am more than comfortable as I have been modelling for ages and doing quite a lot of swimwear and activewear work,” she said.

“But also, I grew up watching Home and Away and there was a time when the only people that you would see on screen were size six, toned and blonde and I’m [none of those things] — but by no means am I big.

“I just think Home and Away is a show that so many people watch … When I see a character that I can see myself in, it makes me feel OK to be myself. Hopefully if someone sees someone like me who is a curvy size 10, who is incredibly healthy and fit (but I have stretch marks) — if someone sees me in a bikini maybe they’ll feel OK about themselves.”

Morrissey, 23, will make her debut as backpacker Jade Lennox on the series on Tuesday night. She landed the role while working as an assistant in an office job earlier this year.

“I was actually at my job which I had started three days before and they called me and then I went into the hallway and sat on the floor and cried,” she said.

“I had to walk back inside (and quit) and they were so supportive and lovely about it. It feels so good, it has been a lifelong dream to be on Home and Away. I used to live on the Northern Beaches, around the corner from where they film and so when I was a kid my dad used to walk me down to see the set so now that I’m on the show it’s really cool.”

Morrissey is the daughter of talent agent, Mark Morrissey and publicist wife Lizzi Dayney Morrisey, and insists she got the job on her own merit without her parents help.

“I definitely did it all on my own. It helped in the sense that my parents were supportive of me — my parents and I have always been very firm about separating work and family life so my dad doesn’t represent me.”

And...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...Home-Away.html

Nowtolove.com.au article:

AUST PACE!!

Home and Away’s Jade stirs up more trouble for Ryder with Summer Bay’s newest resident
    She’s a devil in disguise!

https://www.nowtolove.com.au/celebri...er-nikau-62172

There's a handsome new face in Summer Bay and it looks as though troublesome Jade is already sinking her hooks into him – is he about to become her next victim?

With the sex-tape allegations still hanging over Ryder's (Lukas Radovich) head, a run-in at the beach with Jade (Mia Morrissey) – the woman responsible for the false allegation – results in a terse argument.

As the altercation grows, a stranger, Nikau (Kawakawa Fox-Reo), steps in. Playing the victim once again, Jade asks Nikau to walk her up to the surf lifesaving club and away from Ryder.

There, the couple share a drink and Jade tells Nikau the details – all untrue – of her sex-tape trauma.

As a thank-you for "saving" her from Ryder at the beach, the devious bartender offers to buy Nikau dinner, before sealing the deal with a kiss.

Having witnessed the exchange, Ryder decides to warn Nikau that Jade is big trouble. But his gesture of goodwill quickly turns sour when Nikau tells him to get lost.

The unfriendly response sparks an argument between the young men – until the newcomer decides to throw a punch. Ouch!

And the Digital Spy article:

Home and Away's Ryder fights with show newcomer as Jade's lies get worse
    Poor Ryder...

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...au-fight-jade/
    Last edited by Pantherboy; 20-01-2020 at 22:02.

Jade is soooooo annoying... and I'm not a fan of the actors acting...

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lellygurl For This Useful Post:

kaz21 (21-01-2020), lizann (26-01-2020), Pantherboy (21-01-2020)

what curves?

Digital Spy article:

AUST PACE!

Home and Away star Mia Morrissey speaks out after exit for Jade Lennox
    "I know Summer Bay is glad to be rid of Jade."

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...e-lennox-exit/

Note: This article contains spoilers from Australian-pace episodes of Home and Away, which some UK readers may prefer to avoid.

Home and Away star Mia Morrissey has spoken out to thank fans after her guest stint as scheming Jade Lennox came to an end.

Jade was driven out of Summer Bay in Thursday's episode on Channel 7 in Australia (February 6), much to the relief of Ryder Jackson.

The mysterious backpacker was introduced as a new love interest for Ryder, but later showed her dark side by secretly recording a video of them having sex and falsely blaming him after uploading it online.

Jade's actions left Ryder in trouble with the police, but she finally came unstuck after targeting newcomer Nikau Parata (Kawakawa Fox-Reo) as her next victim.

Nikau realised what Jade was up to when she tried to secretly film an intimate moment between them. He stole her phone – containing various recordings she had made of men – and passed it onto Ryder to help his case.

Jade later disrupted Alf and Martha Stewart's wedding in a bid to get the phone back, but ultimately gave up on her war with Ryder and Nikau in exchange for them not taking things further.

Addressing fans on Instagram after the episode aired, Mia commented: "I know Summer Bay is glad to be rid of Jade. She did some SHOCKING things. Like... Holey Moley. Oh boy. Gee. Whizz.

"And I'm not going to lie. Sometimes it was kinda hard. I mean, I know it's 'make believe'. But as an actor it's kinda your job to invest in your character and when your character and their actions go so against your own set of moral values it is... yeah... hard.

"HOWEVER, on the flip side, the thing that makes it hard, investing in an opposite set of values to your own and creating a character around them is also. SO. FREAKIN. FUN.

"Jade you are a total piece of work. You are a psycho and a total trouble maker and like, definitely a scorpio (maybe Sagittarius rising??) but thank you for everything you have given me.

"The experience, the friendships, the chance to say 'you'll regret this' enough for it to be a drinking game, not to mention the amount of super hot kisses shared with @lukas.radovich and @kawa_f_r.

"And while we’re on the topic of @lukas.radovich thank you for being the best onscreen boyfriend and manipulatee ever.

"Aaaaand to all those fabulous online humans who are supportive of me when other online humans are less than kind THANK YOU SO MUCH. It means more than you could possibly know."

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8OSoddH...ource=ig_embed

Lukas Radovich, who plays Ryder, also chimed in on his own Instagram page: "Bye Jade... we had fun... Didn't we? YES WE DID. Thanks for the memz youuu saucy minx. I'd do it all again if it meant I got to work with @miamoremorrissey again".

Home and Away fans in the UK will see Jade's exit scenes on Channel 5 in March.

Home and Away airs weekdays at 1.15pm and 6pm on Channel 5 (UK) and Mondays to Thursdays at 7pm on Channel 7 (Australia).

Thread Information