Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sian Reeves joins as Charlie

Sian Reeves' character Charlie Wood is about to make quite an impression in Coronation Street, but the actress promises "she's not a bitch".

As Weatherfield favourite Tim Metcalfe desperately tries to get her to sign divorce papers in next week's episodes (they got married in a drunken Las Vegas ceremony years ago, which Tim didn't realise was in fact legally binding), Charlie tells Tim that she can't afford the fees for their divorce.

But while her behaviour may come across like she's a schemer, Sian insisted that the former air hostess is anything but.

"She is a nice person, she's not a bitch who's just trying to get money out of Tim," the actress insisted.

"I think she is in some financial difficulty, she's lost her job, everything has escalated and she's quite nervy.

"So this all works out like a dream for her, she finds a job on the street, a home and a potential divorce settlement. I think she is quite endearing, Tim found her – not the other way round – and he's the one who hasn't come clean."

But whether or not she has a game plan at all is currently unclear, as Sian describes Charlie as "opportunistic".

Let the games begin?

Digital Spy

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Brucie (15-01-2020), lizann (16-01-2020), tammyy2j (16-01-2020)

I am glad she is not a villain

She was nearly cast as Gina Seddon ...

Thread Information