Thread: Tony Hutchinson's sister Verity

Exclamation Tony Hutchinson's sister Verity

Hollyoaks bosses are bringing in another troublesome new family member for Tony Hutchinson, Digital Spy can exclusively reveal.

Tony's half-sister will be joining the show next year, hot on the heels of Edward Hutchinson's arrival in the village.

Show bosses recently announced the casting of Joe McGann in the role of Edward, who'll be a new supervillain for the show.

Next year, Edward will be followed by his daughter, who'll be shaking up life in Hollyoaks even further.

A Hollyoaks source told Digital Spy: "Edward is one of the biggest villains the show has seen – and viewers will discover that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree when his daughter joins him in the village.

"The new character will immediately ruffle feathers and create another exciting, fresh dynamic for Tony in the show's 25th anniversary year.

"With a villainous edge of her own, fans will have to stay tuned to see the trouble that Tony's sister causes for him, his family and the other residents of the village."

As seen in Hollyoaks' recent autumn trailer, Joe McGann has already started filming for the show and will first appear as Edward in a few weeks' time. His first scenes in the village come when Tony is still trapped on Breda McQueen's pig farm.

A full casting announcement on who'll be playing Tony's sister will follow at a later date.

Hollyoaks bosses have promised to make Tony a key focus of the show's milestone year in 2020.

A show spokesperson previously said: "Edward couldn't be more different than loveable Tony. He's a highly manipulative and narcissistic surgeon who has only his best interests at heart.

"The height of his villainy will build to a huge story running across the anniversary and beyond."

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hol...ister-arrives/

Exclamation Verity Hutchinson (Eva O'Hara)

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hol...sister-verity/

Hollyoaks has revealed who will be playing Tony Hutchinson's sister for the soap's 25th anniversary year.

It was recently announced that the Hutchinson family would continue expanding, following Joe McGann's arrival as Tony's scheming father Edward Hutchinson.

The next to appear will be newcomer Eva O'Hara as Tony's sister Verity, described as ruthless and cunning. Verity is her father's favourite and turns up to start her own law firm in Hollyoaks.

"I have been totally bowled over by the wonderful team at Hollyoaks," O'Hara said. "I have fallen in love with the warmth and passion of everyone involved, and feel utterly blessed to be involved in such a creative environment."

The actress also promised that Verity can "can hold her own in any situation and really doesn't take no for an answer" – skills which always come in handy in the Oaks!

"She has a fascinating balance of ruthlessness and compassion, making her one to watch... I've found myself feeling jealous of her fearlessness at times," she teased.

Verity makes her first appearance in time for Hollyoaks Later in January. Her on-screen brother Nick Pickard recently teased his excitement about the more explicit scenes that could feature in Later.

"The good thing about Later is you can go a bit further with everything – you can show a bit more, you can say a bit more, everyone likes doing the swearing," he said.

"The Laters are a lot of fun and they always get out all of the toys for them. I think anyone likes to be involved, whenever you do the big blocks because when you see it on the TV you think, 'It was nice to be a part of that'. Everyone's on their game and they're really good fun to do. If I'm involved I'd be really happy.

"I think I've done four or five of the Laters. The last one that was on was when we filmed in Morocco with Danny Dyer, James Redmond, Jeremy Edwards and also my brother came back, so if I'm in this one I'd be very happy."

what did she inhale?

Thread Information