Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Giving up smoking!!!

ok call centres and giving up smoking dont go together!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Luna
    ok call centres and giving up smoking dont go together!!!!
    Totally agree.. I suggest to anyone who said that you can quit at any time to work for a day in a call center and see how long you can last
    Super Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan
    Totally agree.. I suggest to anyone who said that you can quit at any time to work for a day in a call center and see how long you can last
    ive not caved yet got another two hours on the phone til my next break so if i can last til then im doing good

just to encourage you it can be done! my father in law smoked from the age of 10 till he was 72 and gave up!
    that was 2 years ago and he hasnt smoked since! he has much more money and doesnt have that nasty cough associated with smokers anymore.
    POOKIE

Quote Originally Posted by pookie1968uk
    just to encourage you it can be done! my father in law smoked from the age of 10 till he was 72 and gave up!
    that was 2 years ago and he hasnt smoked since! he has much more money and doesnt have that nasty cough associated with smokers anymore.
    thanks pookie - i guess the hardest thing is living with a heavy smoker - he smokes 50-60 a day - i'll just need to confine myself to my bedroom lol

I've just ordered my Mum 'Allen Carr's Easy Way for Women to Stop Smoking', which I found out about 'cause there was a thing in the papers about a celeb ( Will Young, I think) who used it to give up, and there was also a piece on the news about it a couple of months ago.
    It claims that, after reading, you just completely stop wanting a fag. There are also other books, like 'Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking' (not sure what the difference is between that one and the women's one, but the women's one is 20p dearer ) and 'The Only Way to Stop Smoking Permanently', there are also books to control drinking, combat fears of flying, help you lose weight, stop you worrying etc.
    The smoking ones have had only 1 review on Amazon that says it didn't work, I think, and one that says it works but not the second time (but then, this person did say they didn't actually start again because of cravings, but just to be sociable ), but all of the others say it works fantastically.
    The estimated delivery date is from the 30th November - 11th December, so when my Mum reads it I'll let you know how it goes.
    The reviews really do say that it only takes about 15 minutes to read, and then you literally have no cravings.

I've been trying to give up recently, haven't had one for nearly 3 weeks

Allen Carr dies from lung cancer

An anti-smoking guru who has helped millions of smokers kick the habit has died from lung cancer.
    Allen Carr, 72, quit his 100-a-day habit 23 years ago, before going on to become a millionaire by advising people on how to stop smoking.

His books, about the Easyway method, have become international bestsellers and he ran clinics all over the world.

When he was diagnosed with the disease, Mr Carr said he saw his illness as a way to encourage more people to quit.

Talking at the time of his diagnosis, Mr Carr said: "Since I stopped smoking more than 23 years ago I have been the happiest man in the world. I still feel the same way."

I am informed that I have cured at least 10 million smokers on a conservative estimation

Mr Carr's spokesman

A controversial figure

Mr Carr, who died at his home near Malaga in Spain, was diagnosed with inoperable lung cancer in the summer.

Friends said it was possible that the years he spent curing smokers in smoke-filled sessions at his clinics might have contributed to the illness, although it might also be linked to his previous heavy smoking.

Price worth paying

Mr Carr himself was convinced he would have died many years earlier if he had not kicked the smoking habit.

He said: "Given that I am informed that I have cured at least 10 million smokers on a conservative estimation, even if that is the case, it's a price worth paying."

He gave up accountancy to set up his first clinic in south-west London in 1983.

He has since set up 70 clinics in 30 countries, treating 45,000 people last year.

His first book, Allen Carr's Easyway To Stop Smoking, has sold more than seven million copies.

HAVE YOUR SAY
    I have him to thank for my much improved health and quality of life

Paul Smith, Northampton

Send us your comments

Celebrities to have benefited from Mr Carr's methods include Sir Anthony Hopkins and Sir Richard Branson.

John Dicey, worldwide director of Allen Carr's Easyway, said: "The fact that a former 100-a-day smoker, having quit in his middle age, lived to the ripe old age of 72 is a tremendous message to all smokers.

"Allen Carr's refreshingly different approach to stopping smoking earned him the position as the world's leading expert on helping smokers to quit."

Three days now without a fag!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jade View Post
    Three days now without a fag!!!!!!

oh well done jade Are you doing it by youself?

Ive ordred the paul mckenna cd - tried everything else

Thread Information