Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Giving up smoking!!!

I'm doing it with patches, which incidently cost nearly as much as smoking!! On day four now!!

Got an appointment with the giving up smoking nurse at the docs and apparently they can give you a perscription for patches which should be cheaper!.

Quote Originally Posted by Jade View Post
    I'm doing it with patches, which incidently cost nearly as much as smoking!! On day four now!!

Got an appointment with the giving up smoking nurse at the docs and apparently they can give you a perscription for patches which should be cheaper!.
    how are you doing with the patches jade? cos my sis friend was trying to give up and she said the patches made her dizzy and even while wearing them she was still wanting a fag!
    ~x~Tizzy~x~
    A fool and his money are a girl's best friend

thanks to vicky for making the banna!

the patches are brilliant di marco im on day 3 and not even had a craving - Thanks Jade for putting this in my mind.

I do get a bit dizzy when i first put it on in the morning but apart from that im fine

I'm on day 12 I think, kind of lost count now. I've had no problems with the patches at all apart from it hurting a bit when I take them off.

The are also doing a brill offer in ASDA at the mo 2 packs for £20, which saves about £10.

Me and my boyf have both given up which also helps.

We are having a day out to Cheddar on Sat with the money we've saved!

day 4 and my head is so sore!!! the cravings were really bad this morning but managed to gt through it. Got an appointment at the docs later on today to see what they can give me. The girl in ASDA said you can get the patches for free from the docs?????

Quote Originally Posted by Luna View Post
    day 4 and my head is so sore!!! the cravings were really bad this morning but managed to gt through it. Got an appointment at the docs later on today to see what they can give me. The girl in ASDA said you can get the patches for free from the docs?????
    I had an appointment with the stopping smoking nurse but she's been off sick, got to go back on 20th so will find out I guess, the patches are expensive!

Let me know what the docs say

I nearly cracked yesterday as had a really bad day in work and was really stressed but managed to break through it!

Keep going Luna.

yeah will let you know how i get on and most importantly if they are free lol

The hardest thing in finding in sitting in the house. My step dad is a really heavy smoker and theres no chance of him stopping last night i had to stay in my room because his smoke was really getting to me. Works fine because another girl is quitting with me and the girl i sit next to quit 9 months ago so they know what im going through so its not bothering me at all there.

Quote Originally Posted by Luna View Post
    yeah will let you know how i get on and most importantly if they are free lol

The hardest thing in finding in sitting in the house. My step dad is a really heavy smoker and theres no chance of him stopping last night i had to stay in my room because his smoke was really getting to me. Works fine because another girl is quitting with me and the girl i sit next to quit 9 months ago so they know what im going through so its not bothering me at all there.
    Yeat that would be great!

I'm lucky as know one in my house smokes, but i've not ventured to the pub yet!

just back from the doc's i got a months worth of patches for the price of one perscription (£6.25) so ive saved £40 already just by doing it this way. Ive to go back in a month and get the smaller dose for 2 weeks then back for the lowest for 2 weeks then that should be me!!!

Thats really good!

Will deff go to the docs then

Thread Information