Thread: Shyanna (Anita Harris)

Exclamation Shyanna (Anita Harris)

Anita HarrisDAVE BENETT/GETTY IMAGES
    Note: The following article contains discussion of themes including suicide that some readers may find upsetting.

EastEnders will revisit Dinah Wilson's tragic death with the casting of a Carry On legend.

Earlier this year, the Taylor family discovered that Mitch Baker's (Roger Griffiths) former partner Dinah (Anjela Lauren Smith) had taken her own life after being diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis.

Since that time, the Taylors have taken in Mitch and Dinah's young daughter Bailey (Kara-Leah Fernandes) to help her through the grieving process.

Later this month, Bailey will attempt to reach out to her mother in the spirit world by enlisting the services of a medium known as Shyanna – to be played by Carry On star Anita Harris.

Chantelle (Jessica Plummer) and the rest of the family are very much against the idea of Bailey meeting with Shyanna, assuming the worst about a medium taking advantage of a young girl in her time of grief.

Bailey ultimately decides to press on with the spiritual reading, and although everything starts off well enough, Chantelle has to get involved when Shyanna pushes things too far.

However, as Chantelle tries to put the medium in her place, Shyanna shares a revelation that shakes her to her very core.

There's no telling yet what Shyanna actually tells Chantelle to startle her, but viewers have seen that she is currently hiding that her husband Gray Atkins (Toby-Alexander Smith) is physically abusive.

Anita Harris is set to guest star as the medium Shyanna in one episode of EastEnders, airing on BBC later in August.

We would encourage anyone who identifies with the topics raised in this article to reach out. Organisations who can offer support include Samaritans on 116 123 (www.samaritans.org), and Mind on 0300 123 3393 (www.mind.org.uk).​ ​Readers in the US are encouraged to contact the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline on 1-800-273-8255 or visit the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention.

Digital Spy

I met Anita Harris a couple of months ago when she was in a show at my theatre. She is a really lovely person and spent ages chatting to people after the show. She was also very classy on stage, a wonderful presence and still a great voice.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

Perdita (11-08-2019), Ruffed_lemur (16-08-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    I met Anita Harris a couple of months ago when she was in a show at my theatre. She is a really lovely person and spent ages chatting to people after the show. She was also very classy on stage, a wonderful presence and still a great voice.
    Lucky you to meet her .. always liked her in all the things I saw her in .. great actress!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

parkerman (11-08-2019)

Thread Information