Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kate Connor (Faye Brooks)

Exclamation Kate Connor (Faye Brooks)

Coronation Street newcomer Faye Brooks has discussed her upcoming same-sex storyline.

The upcoming storyline will see Brooks's character Kate Connor engaged to soldier Caz (Rhea Bailey).

Brooks, who will join Shane Ward as Aidan Connor and Richard Hawley as dad Johnny Connor, said that she didn't want to pigeonhole her character.

"It's a challenge. I didn't want to pigeonhole her into playing a stereotype," the actress said of playing out a lesbian relationship.

Brooks's co-star Richard Hawley added: "You're not on this big coming out story because it's already happened."

The same-sex romance storyline will kick off when Caz is formally introduced into Corrie in November.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (26-09-2015), swmc66 (28-09-2015)

Faye Brooks on Kate Connor

How’s Kate settling into Coronation Street at this point?

I think the change has done her some good, I don’t think she had a strong sense of purpose whilst she was away in Spain and in Weatherfield she has a base, in the factory, even if she was reluctant at first to be a part of it.

I think perhaps her dad thinks the move to Weatherfield and her helping in the factory might ground her a little and give her a purpose, but how much she wants to be there is a mystery!

I think Kate looks up to Michelle and Carla as sisters and motherly figures. They are paving the way for her, leading her to something new - be it in the Rovers, or in the factory, or elsewhere. But I do think this move closer to the rest of her family and back on home turf will be the making of her.
    How is Faye settling into Coronation Street?

So well. I love it here, everyone is SO nice. It’s such a team effort at Corrie - everyone pulls together to make this fantastic programme and it’s great to be a part of. It’s amazing to be here - everyone is genuinely so nice!
    What can you tell us about Kate and Caz’s relationship?

With any relationship that is long distance, it’s going to be difficult. They have an intense relationship when they see each other because they don’t know when they’ll get time together again! They’ve been together seven months and they’re already engaged. Kate is very wary of being under the thumb or being controlled in any way - she likes to have her own mind.
    Kate Connor - Coronation Street - ITV
    Why does she confide in Michelle about how intense their relationship is?

Kate feels close to Michelle and she is relishing that female friendship and guardianship because she’s never had it. So she feels comfortable enough to be honest with Michelle.
    How keen is Kate on a February wedding?

Well, she has a ring on her finger and she’s set the date, so a part of her must be keen! I think she is getting cold feet, though... I think she’s passive. I think she knows her dad really wants this wedding to happen, and because Kate is such a daddy’s girl then she wants to make him happy.
    Has she always struggled to work alongside Johnny and Aidan?

Kate and Aidan have that typical sibling rivalry and they bicker - she winds him up and he winds her up, both in jest and to the point where they infuriate each other!

I think Kate is a daddy’s girl and maybe that annoys Aidan. While he’s older than her and I think Kate likes to think she’s wiser than him. With her dad, Johnny is really keen for Kate to get into the family business but I think he knows Kate isn’t, or initially wasn’t, so interested.
    What’s it like working on the Underworld set?

It’s great because of the people I get to work with and the characters that you find in the factory - the likes of Beth and Kirk, who Kate has so much fun with. It’s great because that’s where the Connors are based, it’s their turf, and I like that and I like being part of the Connor family in there, having those roots.
    What’s the best thing about playing a Connor?

I love it, I really do. I’ve been so lucky to come into such a strong family. Every single one of the Connors are great - I always say we’re like onions, they all have so many layers to them. I’m really grateful to have that - and that’s the best thing about playing a Connor, is being part of a wider network and of a strong family. They might not always be close, or see eye to eye, but they’ll always stand up for one another and look out for each other.
    What kind of reaction have you had?

She’s quite feisty and there’s definitely a bit of rivalry between her and Aidan, hopefully people will see that it’s just sibling bickering! Kate is fun though, I hope people like the mischief she might cause in the factory.

Coronation Street star Faye Brookes has revealed that her character Kate Connor could be getting cold feet about committing to her fiancée Caz.

Kate will be given a pleasant surprise next week when Caz turns up in Weatherfield for her birthday.

Although the couple have a happy reunion, cracks soon start to show when Kate reveals to Michelle just how intense their relationship is.

Brookes said: "Caz can be quite needy and clingy because she's away so often. The only thing that keeps Caz going is the fact that she has a fiancée and has Kate to go home to whenever she goes back there. I think Kate is more flaky than Caz.

"With any relationship that is long distance, it's going to be difficult. They have an intense relationship when they see each other because they don't know when they'll get time together again!

"They've been together seven months and they're already engaged. Kate is very wary of being under the thumb or being controlled in any way - she likes to have her own mind."

Discussing why Kate chooses to confide in Michelle over her concerns, Brookes said: "Kate can't ignore the fact that the relationship and Caz are intense.

"Because she feels close to Michelle and she is relishing that female friendship and guardianship because she's never had it, she feels comfortable enough to be honest with Michelle - whereas because she knows her dad is so keen on the wedding and Kate getting married, she maybe doesn't feel like she can tell him."

After Kate confides in Michelle over her fears, she is then faced with further concerns when Caz suggests an April date for their wedding.

"She has possibly been swept up in the romance of it all and the intensity, so how much Kate actually wants it to happen this quickly, I guess Kate won't know until she's alone again and can think about it properly.

"I think she is getting cold feet, though. I think she's passive and I think she knows her dad really wants this wedding to happen. Because Kate is such a daddy's girl, then she wants to make him happy."

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (12-11-2015)

So her relationship does not work and she ends up with Sophia

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to swmc66 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (13-11-2015), Perdita (13-11-2015)

Exclamation Kate Connor (Faye Brooks)

Love is on the horizon for Coronation Street's Kate Connor, although not necessarily the romance that fans have been pining for.

All signs seem to have been pointing to a hook-up for Kate (Faye Brookes) and Sophie Webster (Brooke Vincent), now that we're on the verge of Sophie returning to the cobbles.

However, Faye Brookes revealed to Digital Spy at the National Television Awards on Wednesday (January 25) that Kate will be moving on from her crazy ex Caz with an entirely new partner soon.

"There's a new love interest for Kate Connor this year. Brand new," she teased. "It's not Sophie Webster, that's what I can say!

"[Sophie is] my friend! It's a good thing. I think it'll be nice for the audience to be teased with, 'Will there ever be a Kophie, as they call us?'"

Faye Brookes at the NTAs
    © ITV

Faye also let slip that Corrie isn't bringing in a new actress to play Kate's love interest, but wouldn't spoil us any further. Now, we're really intrigued!

This blossoming romance comes as Kate Connor is poised to be an even bigger fixture of the Corrie landscape in 2017.

"I [told the producer], you know, throw me in there," she joked. "[Our producer] said, 'I want to see blood, sweat and tears'. I'm like, done! Bring it on!"

Faye is definitely starting off the year the right way, having triumphed over Duncan James (Hollyoaks) and Lloyd Everitt (Casualty) to win Best Soap Newcomer at the NTAs.

There obviously was not much choice this year. Sorry

A shocking result. No way !! A run of the mill actress if ever there was one.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to LouiseP For This Useful Post:

swmc66 (27-01-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by LouiseP View Post
    A shocking result. No way !! A run of the mill actress if ever there was one.
    Surely she's been in it too long to be classified as a newcomer anyway. She came in October 2015! I voted for her because i wasn't familiar with the other candidates. Shame the actress who plays Gemma wasn't nominated

13. The Following User Says Thank You to olivia1896 For This Useful Post:

swmc66 (27-01-2017)

is it shona, her new love interest

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    is it shona, her new love interest

Not seen any signs that Shona is gay but does not mean they won't be a couple at some stage

Thread Information