https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hol...t-autumn-2019/

After appearing on The X Factor (twice), I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here! and Dancing on Ice, Jake Quickenden is now set to jump from reality TV into the wonderful world of soaps.

As reported by The Sun, the star will be joining Hollyoaks later on in the year and playing the role of a builder in a handful of episodes set to air during the autumn – which, as we all know, usually features a big stunt week for the soap.

Interestingly, Jake was actually linked to a role in Hollyoaks last year, and when he addressed the rumours on Lorraine he admitted that he would "jump" at the opportunity to appear on the Channel 4 soap if he was asked.

"You know what I'm just so happy to get amazing opportunities handed to me," he said at the time.

"I used to work in McDonalds and now I'm doing an interview in my bed. If something like Hollyoaks came up I would jump on it, that's all I'll say."

Jake wouldn't be the first X Factor contestant to experience life in Hollyoaks either, as Rachel Adedeji (who has the BEST name to be said by voiceover man Peter Dickson) first appeared on the soap as Lisa Loveday in 2016.

The reports of Jake's involvement come as the soap recently confirmed the return of two huge Hollyoaks characters, with James Sutton reprising his role as John Paul McQueen and Jamie Lomas returning as Warren Fox later this year too.

So, it's looking like an exciting time to be a Hollyoaks fan.