Fans of the long-running comedy series Benidorm will be pleased to know the show’s creator Derren Litten is working on another series, this time set a little closer to home.

The BBC has announced details of new comedy, Scarborough, written and directed by Litten. Here’s what you need to know.

Scarborough on BBC One: What’s it about?
“The series is set in the iconic North Yorkshire seaside town and the follows the lives of a motley band of Scarborough residents who are bonded by family, friendship and their love of karaoke,” according to the BBC.

“Mike (Jason Manford) and Karen (Catherine Tyldesley) are nearly-40-somethings giving their relationship another go, five years after they split. The pair were always meant to be together, but Mike’s ambition to become a professional entertainer meant that he was never at home. Now in his late 30s, Mike has realised what’s actually important to him and he’s given up life on the road to come back to Scarborough and be with Karen.

“Between the local salon, Geraldine’s, and local pub/karaoke hot spot, The Good Ship, there’s never a dull day in town,” teased the channel.
Little said of the series:

“Even though I’ve stuck close to themes I clearly love (the seaside, pubs and karaoke!), Scarborough is unlike anything I’ve written before. I’m genuinely flattered by the calibre of actors my scripts have attracted and I can’t wait for BBC audiences to get caught up in the laughter, love and intrigue I’ve created all set against the backdrop of this beautiful North Yorkshire fishing town”.

Scarborough on BBC One: Who’s in it?
The cast includes comedian and actor Jason Manford, Catherine Tyldesley (Coronation Street), Stephanie Cole (Still Open All Hours, Coronation Street), Maggie Ollerenshaw (Last of the Summer Wine, Still Open All Hours), Steve Edge (Phoenix Nights, Benidorm), Claire Sweeney (Brookside), Harriet Webb (Edge Of Heaven, White Gold) and Gina Fillingham (National Treasure: Kiri).

Scarborough on BBC One: When’s it on TV?
Filming is underway, so we’ll have a while to wait yet before Scarborough hits screens. Watch this space.

https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/uk/...VsWRHa7tsdtIqQ

I look forward to this