Thread: Al Chapman (Michael Wildman)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Exclamation Al Chapman (Michael Wildman)

Emmerdale is lining up new drama for Ellis Chapman as his father Al Chapman will be making his way to the village in the near future.

And Al will be played by a familiar face too, as actor Michael Wildman's CV includes roles in Harry Potter – where he played Magorian, leader of the centaurs, in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix – and Steven Spielberg movie Ready Player One.

Speaking about his role on the soap, Michael revealed that Al will be "ruffling a few feathers", and he's set to cause a lot of drama for Ellis (Asan N'jie), his ex Jessie Dingle (Sandra Marvin) and her new relationship.

"Al's come into Emmerdale ruffling a few feathers," Michael said. "He has been abroad on business. It's not clear what his intentions are. Al is trying to build the bridge with his son Ellis but thinks he can just come back in to his life and pick up where he left off.

"He doesn’t have to do much to make Jessie's husband Marlon feel insecure. He's going to be an interesting character," the actor added.

Well, considering Al didn't visit his son in hospital after he was stabbed, we'd say there's a lot that he needs to be making up for.

Fortunately, it looks like Al will get the chance to do just that, as Michael also shared that he's on the soap "for the foreseeable".

"I did a screen test for Emmerdale several years ago," he continued. "I can't remember what the character was. But it felt right this time and I was sold on the fact that everyone at Emmerdale was really nice.

"I don't know how long Al will stay – it depends how well he's liked or hated. I'm here for the foreseeable."

As well as featuring in Harry Potter, Michael has also had roles on Extras, where he starred alongside Samuel L Jackson, and he's actually starred in a British soap before, playing Marc MacKenzie in Channel 5's Family Affairs from 2003 until 2004.

"This is on a much bigger scale. The workload was a lot back then but it's much more now," Michael explained of the differences between the two soaps.

"It's been fun though. I've been filming for two and a half weeks but it's felt like I've been here months as I've been thrown into it."

Digital Spy
    Last edited by Perdita; 14-07-2019 at 14:41.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (14-08-2019)

kim's partner?

I assume Billy and Ellis will stay with him once Jessie leaves although he does not like Billy

5. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Perdita (14-08-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    kim's partner?
    I think so!

After taking a phone call Kim said to Graham. I'm seeing Al tomorrow. Looks like he is her partner in crime.

why did al set jai up with zip wire?

romance with priya?

Thread Information