Thread: Hollyoaks star Bob Cryer to appear in Coronation Street as James's football manager

Exclamation Hollyoaks star Bob Cryer to appear in Coronation Street as James's football manager

Coronation Street has cast former Hollyoaks star Bob Cryer as James Bailey's football manager.

Bob – who played Glenn Donovan on the Channel 4 soap – will be seen in scenes airing next week, as Weatherfield County asks James (Nathan Graham) about rumours circulating online related to his love life.

James will face scrutiny from the press, as he worries about his footballing career.

Weatherfield County's manager calls James to a meeting with a press officer, leading to James fearing the worst. When Bob's character and the press officer discuss James's options and pledge their full support for the footballer, James lies and denies that he is gay.

This week, James will receive an apology from Ed over the way his father has behaved.

Bob played villain Glenn Donovan between December 2017 and October 2018, with the character finally getting his comeuppance when he was poisoned to death.

"I had such a fantastic time on the show," the actor commented, also saying at the time that he would be interested in doing another soap.

"The amount of effort that goes into producing a half-hour of drama every night of the week is extraordinary. After seeing the way they constantly come up with new stories and ways to tease the audience, it's whetted my appetite for another challenge like that, definitely."

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Coronation Street has cast former Hollyoaks star Bob Cryer as James Bailey's football manager.

Bob – who played Glenn Donovan on the Channel 4 soap – will be seen in scenes airing next week, as Weatherfield County asks James (Nathan Graham) about rumours circulating online related to his love life.

James will face scrutiny from the press, as he worries about his footballing career.

Weatherfield County's manager calls James to a meeting with a press officer, leading to James fearing the worst. When Bob's character and the press officer discuss James's options and pledge their full support for the footballer, James lies and denies that he is gay.

This week, James will receive an apology from Ed over the way his father has behaved.

Bob played villain Glenn Donovan between December 2017 and October 2018, with the character finally getting his comeuppance when he was poisoned to death.

"I had such a fantastic time on the show," the actor commented, also saying at the time that he would be interested in doing another soap.

"The amount of effort that goes into producing a half-hour of drama every night of the week is extraordinary. After seeing the way they constantly come up with new stories and ways to tease the audience, it's whetted my appetite for another challenge like that, definitely."
    WEll not being a footie fan and not interested one bit in how a football club manage their gay players,guess this is another storyline, I will be avoiding.

This storyline seems at least 10 years too late. The fact a footballer might be gay barely gets a mention now.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

LouiseP (06-03-2020), Perdita (06-03-2020)

Thread Information